CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i'm good with building on 5. so long as we get all the problems fixed and loads of quality maps and gametypes.

Problem is that isn't going to help Halo grow. People DO NOT WANT HALO REACH, 4, or 5 MATERIAL!! 

Also the fact is we all have different preferences of core mechanics IE Hitscan vs projectile and everything. Sure. 

But overall, if Halo does not go back to reflecting H2 or H3 with some modern flair, we will be stagnate forever as far as growth goes.

Or until Halo comes to PC

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

TELL THEM TO GET THEIR FUCKING SHIT TOGETHER!

New generations of gamers do not understand Halo. They don't a never will. The goal should be to give old players a reason to come back. We're all in our mid 20's-mid 30's now. We understand Arena shooters. Newer gamers just know "DERP I SEE CROSSHAIRS AND ITS CARTTOOONY HOW DO DIS TAEK SKEELZ?"

Forget the new generation. Please God talk some sense into them

Catering a game to us (Mid 20s and 30s) is just bad business. There is a happy medium 343 could strike where all parties are happy, but this is a very ignorant post.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Catering a game to us (Mid 20s and 30s) is just bad business. There is a happy medium 343 could strike where all parties are happy, but this is a very ignorant post.

REALLY?!?!?!? So back when Halo was selling BILLIONS of dollars worth of copies, our community was at it's peak and STILL GROWING, and Halo WAS  THE FACE OF GAMING........NAHHHHHHHH FUCK THAT what we have now is better. I'm just ignorant, what do I know. It's not like.......2010 our community was still growing through Halo 3 because people loved the game. You know. That wasnt happening. Then when reach tried to appeal to a "modern audience" and fell faster than any franchise on Earth.....you know.....meh. That wasn't the consequences of Halo Reach's poor game design and the poor blue prints left behind for 343 to use.....nah. It's just none of these things. The new generation will catch up right? Reach, 4, and 5 are just flukes. Soon a Modern Halo will start to sell billions huh? Just give it time, I'm sure you're right 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Wonder if it’s possible for MLG to have a small legacy tornument with a fixed MCC after worlds? I’m already dreading the off season.

+1 This would be so sick. There could be a separate Halo 2 Classic Open Tournament followed by a Halo 3 Tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo will continue to be shit regardless of platform as long as it continues to have Sprint and Spartan abilitiy gimmicks.  Even PC can't save Halo with Sprint. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Problem is that isn't going to help Halo grow. People DO NOT WANT HALO REACH, 4, or 5 MATERIAL!! 

Also the fact is we all have different preferences of core mechanics IE Hitscan vs projectile and everything. Sure. 

But overall, if Halo does not go back to reflecting H2 or H3 with some modern flair, we will be stagnate forever as far as growth goes.

i know the popular sentiment is that the reason the series declined is because it moved away from what halo was after 3 (no need to post graphs) but i'm not convinced. i don't think its that simple. however, if 6 does return to its classic halo roots, i'd enjoy the hell out of it and would be genuinely curious to see if it resparked the franchise. so yeah, go for it

or dont (i like 5)

• Upvote (+1) 2

+1 This would be so sick. There could be a separate Halo 2 Classic Open Tournament followed by a Halo 3 Tournament.

F/A

Resume: practice noob for team that placed 8th at 2007 Nationals 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 6 is (almost?) certainly coming to PC, all Microsoft titles will have crossplay with W10

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 6 is (almost?) certainly coming to PC, all Microsoft titles will have crossplay with W10

All future MS titles will come to w10 and be Xbox Play Anywhere, crossplay is game dependent, so not a certainty.

i know the popular sentiment is that the reason the series declined is because it moved away from what halo was after 3 (no need to post graphs) but i'm not convinced. i don't think its that simple. however, if 6 does return to its classic halo roots, i'd enjoy the hell out of it and would be genuinely curious to see if it resparked the franchise. so yeah, go for it

or dont (i like 5)

I prefer 5 over 3 myself. But the evidence shows the facts

• Upvote (+1) 2

REALLY?!?!?!? So back when Halo was selling BILLIONS of dollars worth of copies, our community was at it's peak and STILL GROWING, and Halo WAS  THE FACE OF GAMING........NAHHHHHHHH FUCK THAT what we have now is better. I'm just ignorant, what do I know. It's not like.......2010 our community was still growing through Halo 3 because people loved the game. You know. That wasnt happening. Then when reach tried to appeal to a "modern audience" and fell faster than any franchise on Earth.....you know.....meh. That wasn't the consequences of Halo Reach's poor game design and the poor blue prints left behind for 343 to use.....nah. It's just none of these things. The new generation will catch up right? Reach, 4, and 5 are just flukes. Soon a Modern Halo will start to sell billions huh? Just give it time, I'm sure you're right 

I don't think he's defending the gameplay mechanics of R-5, I think he takes issue with the notion that targeting 25-35 year olds is a good idea from a marketing perspective, and for good reason. You ALWAYS want to capture the younger generation, so that they grow up with your product like we did. The problem Halo needs to solve is, "how do we provide tried and true classic Halo gameplay without appearing outdated to today's youth", and I think that problem is FAR easier to solve than "how can we shoehorn trends from rival FPS games into Halo and still try to make it function".

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When will Synide admit that I'm better than him at CE?  :simms:

Before I fell in love with Halo, I played Rainbow Six online. I watched the rise and fall of that series over the years as a die-hard fan. When Rainbow Six Siege launched, it was very mediocre. Many would say it was dead on arrival. There were so many content creators and journalists completely shitting on the game. Now, they are entering the third year and it's one of the most popular shooters in the world. Currently, it's the 2nd most popular game on Xbox Live, behind Fortnite. Honestly, Ubisoft as a whole has been improving a lot of their franchises with solid updates. The Division and For Honor both had a surge in population lately.

Through many updates and being involved with their community, Ubisoft created a Rainbow Six title that still has the spirit of the original games, while having an experience that appeals to a modern, younger audience. Halo can absolutely do this, but we'll have to see if 343 can actually execute it correctly in their next installment.

The only way this will work is no sprint. 

Sprint has been and still is the biggest factor that has plagued the identity of this franchise. 

You can nurf it. You can balance it. You can hold it upside down and shake it. 

You can add other game elements, thrust, clamber, ect, as much as you want.

Until sprint is expelled from Halo forever, the affect it has on the overall experience IE Map geometry, hitbox size, bullet magnetism, and how the combat dynamic between players worked in the past vs now, the game will never ever be the same.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The only way this will work is no sprint.

Sprint has been and still is the biggest factor that has plagued the identity of this franchise.

You can nurf it. You can balance it. You can hold it upside down and shake it.

You can add other game elements, thrust, clamber, ect, as much as you want.

Until sprint is expelled from Halo forever, the affect it has on the overall experience IE Map geometry, hitbox size, bullet magnetism, and how the combat dynamic between players worked in the past vs now, the game will never ever be the same.

I know you’re not the first to say it, but it’s not that sprint by itself is inherently the worst thing ever. It’s the butterfly effect it has in the rest of the game that just breaks the core. I still remember a friend in h2 asking why MC couldn’t run. Little did I know others were asking that question and how things would change because of it

Flight booked, Tickets tomorrow.

See you all at Worlds.

So very tempted. We're spending a week in Mexico and returning literally days before worlds. Not sure the wife is going to go for me leaving the very next weekend.

But by god, I think I'm going to try. I'll be the eldest fan there, rooting on envyus, sporting an operation ivy hat. Hopefully. Say hi

• Upvote (+1) 6

I know you’re not the first to say it, but it’s not that sprint by itself is inherently the worst thing ever. It’s the butterfly effect it has in the rest of the game that just breaks the core. I still remember a friend in h2 asking why MC couldn’t run. Little did I know others were asking that question and how things would change because of it

Oh boy, it's 2018 and I can't believe I'm going to type out a fucking essay LITERALLY THE NIGHT BEFORE I GO TO CLASS TOMORROW TO WRITE AN EXAM ESSAY, but since we have 343 staff lurking, I'm about to drop some Humpknowledge on this shit.

Going to drink a beer and have a smoke before I write this up. Prepare your butts

• Upvote (+1) 1

So very tempted. We're spending a week in Mexico and returning literally days before worlds. Not sure the wife is going to go for me leaving the very next weekend.

But by god, I think I'm going to try. I'll be the eldest fan there, rooting on envyus, sporting an operation ivy hat. Hopefully. Say hi

Let me know if you go, beer on me.

• Upvote (+1) 1