CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Brain dead??  :simms:

To be clear, I think it was El town who came in and called someone that but I'm not 100% sure anymore. It was an old meme. if not, apologies.

That was Kevin "Unlegit" Smith, talking to w0uld.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wonder if it’s possible for MLG to have a small legacy tornument with a fixed MCC after worlds? I’m already dreading the off season.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Serious questions: @@Clap

What was the reasoning behind dropping halo the first time around?

Also, so glad to have you guys back, but what was the main motivators behind picking it back up again?

Thank you to you and your team for running an amazing Orlando event. @@Clap

• Upvote (+1) 4

Also, so glad to have you guys back, but what was the main motivators behind picking it back up again?

Halo 4

• Upvote (+1) 8

Probably pretty hard to justify a game with lower viewership and less than great dev support to the people making decisions when you've got SC2 popping off. I'm not sure Halo was ever profitable back then

the answer to both your questions is money

MLG is a business after all 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure he did long post about what happened back then with Reach and Halo 4. Honestly, what is more important, they are back now. No need to look for the skeletons in the closet now really.

• Upvote (+1) 3

'Dropping' is not really what happened. Just say there were things on both sides that contributed to it not being on the pro circuit anymore. 

Main motivator/reason for bringing it back/coming back was open dialogue with 343. 

Your transparency and responses are refreshing and much needed. Thank you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

'Dropping' is not really what happened. Just say there were things on both sides that contributed to it not being on the pro circuit anymore. 

Main motivator/reason for bringing it back/coming back was open dialogue with 343. 

You can also say 'Halo 4 sucked' and we would understand. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You can also say 'Halo 4 sucked' and we would understand.

Another alternative is “Black Ops 2 was the fucking best”.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So what do you guys think is Rec's issue?

Their main competition consists of Optic, who knows the game better than anyone else and has been a team for like 3 years, and Splyce, who is just flat out more talented than (arguably) every other team. You can throw NV into that mix as well obviously.

Reciprocity is pretty much a brand new team, I think they'll get better with time like most teams do. That being said I don't think their ceiling will ever be high enough with this current roster to win a Halo 5 event over OG/Splyce/NV. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Their main competition consists of Optic, who knows the game better than anyone else and has been a team for like 3 years, and Splyce, who is just flat out more talented than (arguably) every other team. You can throw NV into that mix as well obviously.

Reciprocity is pretty much a brand new team, I think they'll get better with time like most teams do. That being said I don't think their ceiling will ever be high enough with this current roster to win a Halo 5 event over OG/Splyce/NV. 

Problem is you have Penguin and Snip3down, who are easily the two best players not on Nv/Spy/OG and there simply isn't enough tier 1 talent to fill a team for a 4th contender. That team is obviously a beast, but Spy and OG are just too good, Nv and Rec could do some swaps and make Nv a contender for 1st, but there isnt enough talent to make a 4th team that can make a run at first.

That said! I think we have a TON of amazing competition, and tournaments are not so obvious in outcome now which is nice. I think the only possible upgrade for Rec would be Neptune for sparty, and thats speculative at best because he has a lot of work to do maturing into a true top player, skill is there though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good question. Mainly me I'd say.

Do you think we will see an appearance from Puckett at worlds, or is he strictly OWL?  

• Upvote (+1) 4

Unless H6 mirrors H2 or H3 we'll still be in the dumps. We need a proper Halo game to really be back

i'm good with building on 5. so long as we get all the problems fixed and loads of quality maps and gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

TELL THEM TO GET THEIR FUCKING SHIT TOGETHER!

New generations of gamers do not understand Halo. They don't a never will. The goal should be to give old players a reason to come back. We're all in our mid 20's-mid 30's now. We understand Arena shooters. Newer gamers just know "DERP I SEE CROSSHAIRS AND ITS CARTTOOONY HOW DO DIS TAEK SKEELZ?"

Forget the new generation. Please God talk some sense into them 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12