CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@Infinity Please explain to me what the point of this would be for the AR. Every precision weapon already does this, so why does the AR get that benefit too?

S K I L L G A P

D

A

P

T

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure how I feel about map vetoes. If you're a professional player, surely you should be able to demonstrate that high skill level on any given map? Obviously players will be better or prefer certain ones but at the end of the day I don't want to see the same maps over and over again as a spectator. 

The way I see it is I want to see the top teams given the opportunity to face off at their absolute best. Forcing teams to play maps they don't like / don't play well randomly because it happens to be in the rotation for that series will not produce the best series. Even a single veto per team narrows the focus of the series either removing the dregs or if you have a deep enough map pool removing a key gametype for the opponent. Either way more series will be played on the shared gametypes leading to a better overall series.

It also has the benefit of being something to talk about from a spectator point of view when patterns appear over time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Map vetoes are a good thing.

Because it allows teams to avoid gametypes and maps, and makes the overall viewing experience worse since they will repeat the same rotation. Of course pros like it because they get to cover their flaws.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I'm so glad 343 is finally figuring out the role that automatic weapons in this game need to take.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The way I see it is I want to see the top teams given the opportunity to face off at their absolute best. Forcing teams to play maps they don't like / don't play well randomly because it happens to be in the rotation for that series will not produce the best series. Even a single veto per team narrows the focus of the series either removing the dregs or if you have a deep enough map pool removing a key gametype for the opponent. Either way more series will be played on the shared gametypes leading to a better overall series.

It also has the benefit of being something to talk about from a spectator point of view when patterns appear over time.

This, plus the bias for my job security.

The shit maps should be removed before vetoes are a thing, but vetoes themselves allow teams to face off on maps they feel more comfortable on, or allow them to mitigate side advantage when asymms are involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because it allows teams to avoid gametypes and maps, and makes the overall viewing experience worse since they will repeat the same rotation. Of course pros like it because they get to cover their flaws.

Can't multi quote on mobile, but most pro Halo players were against vetoes. That's why they were removed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can't multi quote on mobile, but most pro Halo players were against vetoes. That's why they were removed.

How many of those players just didn't want to wake up for them?

• Upvote (+1) 7

not loving the update so far, maybe once i get used to it it will play better overall.  The worst part is shot registration feels so weird now.  Im not even sure if its bad, i feel like theres a slight delay that gives really forgiving shots, or shots that didnt used to register are registering just late.  Like those kills where you go "wtf these kids don't die", those aren't happening but the headshot pops up late af, like after you shoot another shot

With current settings, there’s no need to pick up precision rifles. DMR shoots slow and doesn’t stand a chance against a pistol in anything but extreme ranges and with how fast Halo 5 is played, that rarely happens. The BR is just straight up worse now in 1v1 fights.

The game was balanced around BR starts. It’s not straight up better than other precision rifles like the magnum but it’s also not worse. The sandbox reminds me of a poor mans Halo 1 tbh. Start with a BR and you can pick up any weapon and be successful against a BR if you use it in it’s intended role. Right now I’m not too intrigued to play much but once a BR start playlist drops I’m diving right in.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

With current settings, there’s no need to pick up precision rifles. DMR shoots slow and doesn’t stand a chance against a pistol in anything but extreme ranges and with how fast Halo 5 is played, that rarely happens. The BR is just straight up worse now in 1v1 fights.

I'm honestly fine with the pistol being the go to weapon now given that the other rifles never behaved in a unique enough way to justify their existence.  Tier based weapons were not something I liked in Halo 5 with rifles being straight upgrades, I'm glad that the pistol has a much stronger role as the utility weapon with this update.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The game was balanced around BR starts. It’s not straight up better than other precision rifles like the magnum but it’s also not worse. The sandbox reminds me of a poor mans Halo 1 tbh. Start with a BR and you can pick up any weapon and be successful against a BR if you use it in it’s intended role. Right now I’m not too intrigued to play much but once a BR start playlist drops I’m diving right in.

ya also this, i used to feel like i had such an advantage picking up a BR, lightrifle, or DMR in certain circumstances. 

The range was good obviously, but an LR was probably the best CQB gun in the game, whether it be a quick 4 shot or 2 shot beat down it was the best at both in close quarters. 

The DMR was a good 2 shot beat down if you stayed hidden, like not in the same way as the LR but in a way like if you get first shot and get in close you have a guaranteed kill if you dont suck.  Another way the DMR was great was for trying to get 2 quick shots on enemies while your team pushes in so they can at least finish with a melee, so that is still good as the DMR is best long range weapon now. 

The BR used to feel like such a good weapon for cleaning kills because of the bleed through, if someone lands 3 shots and some of a grenade, or shields get interrupted on recharge, the BR is a beautiful weapon, and if you get caught with it out then you land 4 shots and you win the fight.  The BR shoots too slow now for that, and yes its still good for those awkward shield range clean ups but not as great as it used to be.

Lastly, with nades have 25% less of a range, you literally have to fly into cave on coli to prevent someone from getting shields back.  Before, you couldnt really kill someone with nades if they hugged that corner in cave but you could keep them weak while you deal with other people or buy time to get in cave, now you aren't even touched by nades.  Trust me ive tried it, if the nades hit you its a lot harder to make it happen.  I could just hug that corner and nothing could touch me.

These are just observations of changes, not too sure if theyre good or bad yet, the games playing fine and I literally havent lost a game on these new settings but that could also be because 343 doesnt know how to place someone where they should be placed, but thats a rant for another post.

EDIT:Just had an experience where the DMR was not a 2 shot beatdown?  not exactly sure what happened there or that was an actual change that I wasn't aware of.  Definitely do not support that change at all if its real

• Upvote (+1) 3

I played BR 8s with Spartan all day today and I thought it was pretty good. I can't say I like it better by any means but it wasn't garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I pray to God they don't make it BR starts. The BR is asscheeks now and is so inconsistent feeling. Feels like absolute trash please keep pistol starts.

https://twitter.com/vetoed/status/926287158826143744

Seems pretty consistent... I think the fact that the burst is more of a burst and not 3 bullets coming out at the same time makes it more difficult. Reticle needs to be on target for a longer period of time per shot.

https://twitter.com/vetoed/status/926287158826143744

Seems pretty consistent... I think the fact that the burst is more of a burst and not 3 bullets coming out at the same time makes it more difficult. Reticle needs to be on target for a longer period of time per shot.

But it's a problem with burst guns. Doing 1 or 2 bullets of damage without really being able to tell , especially at range. it just feels wonky after using a dead accurate single shot gun. If I see a hitmarker I know exactly how much damage I dealt and how many more bullets I need to hit. I also really dislike the whole "different aim assist values up close" thing. It just doesn't feel good at all.

Plus te Br seems to kill suuuuuuper slow now and we 100% do NOT need an even weaker gun especially in relation to the ease mode power weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 7

the games playing fine and I literally havent lost a game on these new settings but that could also be because 343 doesnt know how to place someone where they should be placed, but thats a rant for another post.

all the CSR i gained, which was like 250, i lost.  I lost one game and thought "i'll just keep playing" and i havent won another idt

Multiple guns that do the same shit is so stupid in Halo. Why do you need 4 different guns that all shoot bullets? You essentially have 4 reskins of the same gun that just have different red reticle range, aim assist, and bullet magnetism values. That is NOT a sandbox with variety.

Plus, Halo has always been a game where you fight for advantageous weapons, not pick them up off spawn right after you die. There's no solution to this problem. You will either have it like before where guns will simply destroy other guns at their designed range, giving huge advantages to people for nothing...or guns will be "balanced" so theres no real purpose of using different guns because one gun is just as good as the next.

Halo 5s sandbox is shit. After people saw all the useless guns in Halo 3, they think every gun needs to be jacked up and powerful in every situation for "variety" sakes, but once again, guns in Halo 5 are just reskins of the pistol. Id rather 343 say fuck it pistols and power weapons only than keep doing these weird weapon updates.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think the BR is a "better" primary than the Magnum and i'd prefer a Magnum rework, but I will say that playing with the BR/Gunfighter was the first time I've had fun on H5 in a while. It was super refreshing to not get perfected basically every time and to not get cross-mapped as often.

Gunfighter actually has potential too, I played octagons with it for a while and god damn does that thing shred if you hit every shot, but it's extremely difficult.

If a magnum rework isn't happening, which I don't think it's going to, and they also want to seriously push the BR starts I've already suggested what I think could make it better.

Classic Scope H5 BR, and up the handling on the gun, make it feel more smooth and snappy. I will say that once I started to get used to the BR i had a better idea as to how it worked, it seems predictable, but it definitely operates very oddly.

Do you support my suggestion to replace the flagnum with the gunfighter

Do you support my suggestion to replace the flagnum with the gunfighter

Yes, absolutely. We were testing with that as well.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't think the BR is a "better" primary than the Magnum and i'd prefer a Magnum rework, but I will say that playing with the BR/Gunfighter was the first time I've had fun on H5 in a while. It was super refreshing to not get perfected basically every time and to not get cross-mapped as often.

I really don't want to support BR/Gunfighter starts as it currently stands. I don't like the inconsistency the patch introduced to these weapons and I especially don't like the way they handled the BR (Adding spread and increasing magnetism brings us closer to the H2 BR than I'm comfortable with). Maybe reduce RRR and unscoped magnetism on the Magnum to alleviate the cross-mapping and ease of use without introducing randomness. GF Magnum for the flag is something I think I do support though I haven't gotten to play around with it.