CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Easily one of the worst decisions Mlg has made.

Extremely popular with the community, players, and is a system used in almost every other major esport.

Yeah, horrible decisions being made over there.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll reserve judgment until I play the new settings, but what was the point of hiring a team of pro playtesters?  What were Dersky, Strongside, and friends actually doing in 2013-15, if not fixing the AR and making all of these balance changes / reducing redundancy before the game was actually released?  I dunno man

Making sure de-scope was a thing and that you could actually drop the flag.

• Upvote (+1) 3

For once clicking into the forums pays off. I've been waiting for this feature forever and had no idea they introduced it.

:)

I'm not 100% sure if it rolled out to everyone yet but if it hasn't yet, it will before November 7.

In real esports do map vetoes result in certain maps/gametypes never ever getting played like they did in HCS in the past?

In real esports do map vetoes result in certain maps/gametypes never ever getting played like they did in HCS in the past?

Yep.

All I know is I don't miss pro teams never practicing certain maps because they would just veto them every single time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All I know is I don't miss pro teams never practicing certain maps because they would just veto them every single time.

If the map is hot garbage I wouldn't want them to play it anyway

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the map is hot garbage I wouldn't want them to play it anyway

Then get rid of the hot garbage maps. Much better solution than letting players pick and choose which gametypes they want to practice this season.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Then get rid of the hot garbage maps. Much better solution than letting players pick and choose which gametypes they want to practice this season.

In the context of HCS they didn't remove it until the season was over. In CS:GO that has vetos, the teams veto maps that they are weak on, or their opponent is strong on. Not to dodge garbage maps.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm curious how the changes will affect HCS, I guess basically ... BR / carbine are a bit less powerful?  nades are different (smaller radius, more damage at the edge of that radius)?  no speed bonus for sword, etc.  Is this going to drastically change any gametypes?  

It is a system to be gamed. If there's something that is clearly a bag of shit but you're willing to play it you gain the advantage of assuming they will either ban it themselves or play you to their detriment. Some teams like an instant veto, some teams practice a broader map pool with the idea that they can shift the veto to their advantage against each opponent.

Not sure how I feel about map vetoes. If you're a professional player, surely you should be able to demonstrate that high skill level on any given map? Obviously players will be better or prefer certain ones but at the end of the day I don't want to see the same maps over and over again as a spectator. 

Obviously players will be better or prefer certain ones but at the end of the day I don't want to see the same maps over and over again as a spectator. 

That's exactly what you are seeing now. 

So, we're getting vetoes?

I just played a lot of games on the new settings, and the one thing that stands out most to me is the BR. A skilled magnum user can absolutely comeback against a BR and have a good advantage. Also, I love that the three rounds are distinguishable now.

Just solo'd the oddball playlist for like 2 hours. I really hope it makes it in HCS.

It’s a lot of fun... until you play on Mercy...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not sure how I feel about map vetoes. If you're a professional player, surely you should be able to demonstrate that high skill level on any given map? Obviously players will be better or prefer certain ones but at the end of the day I don't want to see the same maps over and over again as a spectator.

Vetoes just make the competition begin before the matches actually start. Stasis flag was just so unfair it got vetoed every time so we had a bad experience.