CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ESL "couldn't afford a second stream" so we would be watching cell phone video

Spoored by Periscope

Fun times :D

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm sorry but if ESL had it on a side stream people would still be flipping out because it's 1PM. 

We'll have to agree to disagree than.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope Rec wins this series. Can you imagine the storylines going into the next NA event?

Penguin blew game 1. Theyre losing, optic is scoring, 3 dead on optic, and he doesnt cap the already half capped blue bend despite being turbine. He waits 10 secs for OS, gets it, runs across to tower and get melted in tower. No one capped blue, and optic got a trip cap

Ok it just took me like 3 tries to get "Blubudubu" right on halo.gg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ok it just took me like 3 tries to get "Blubudubu" right on halo.gg

Same lol, I kept doing bluebudubu :mj:

We can't predict 3-0s. What if the best of 7s go all 7 games? What if the grand finals resets? 

Those are good points, but I think it should have been scheduled to account for these things. I know I'm not the one that's been organizing tournaments for like 15 years, but it shouldn't be an issue to set up Sunday so that the final 3 (or 4) series are all on mainstage. It's not about OpTic or any other big team being on a B stream, it's about 2 major matchups sharing a time slot.

It would also be less of an issue if the B stream production value was better. I know you don't want to overwork casters but again, it'd be nice if this could have been accounted for ahead of time.

Last thing: it's a good sign that this is seemingly the only major qualm with the event so far. Keep up the good work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

MLG couldn't even show the FFA round 1 on the foxtrot stream. The oversights of this company knows know bounds. /s

Ffs we have two quality streams. I really liked omniview with UGC and all but having a bravo stream that's being manned by infinity has been legit. Your time put into working the observer mode is making the stream much more entertaining than the quad view.

Those are good points, but I think it should have been scheduled to account for these things. I know I'm not the one that's been organizing tournaments for like 15 years, but it shouldn't be an issue to set up Sunday so that the final 3 (or 4) series are all on mainstage. It's not about OpTic or any other big team being on a B stream, it's about 2 major matchups sharing a time slot.

It would also be less of an issue if the B stream production value was better. I know you don't want to overwork casters but again, it'd be nice if this could have been accounted for ahead of time.

Last thing: it's a good sign that this is seemingly the only major qualm with the event so far. Keep up the good work.

Thats exactly what it will be....

-Winners finals right now

-Then there will be losers finals

-Then grand finals which could go 2 series long.

And all of those are 7 game series which at this point in the tournament its much more likely for each series to go the full 7 games so you have to account for that.  Add in time between games and the break after game 4 and  you HAVE to schedule each series with enough time to play.

Remember, its not about getting everything done as quickly as possible.  Its about following a schedule.  If MLG advertises XYZ match at a certain time, it should kick off around that time or you'll lose viewers that want to tune in for just specific matches.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wow its almost like people will complain no matter what happens  :thinking:

Solid logic by people complaining. No B stream turns into top notch production and a B stream in the first event back and people still complain lol

Jesus Christ people.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Everyone complaining never had to download Octoshape to tune into a 480p stream.

I wonder how many innocent kids had "borrowed" their parents credit card to watch back then lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone complaining never had to download Octoshape to tune into a 480p stream.

To even throw it back further, borrowing your mom's credit card to get MLG VOD in 2005 :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 9

Those of us who paid to watch VODs and the first HD streams circa 2010. 

Shoutout to the real OG grinders.

• Upvote (+1) 3

To even throw it back further, borrowing your mom's credit card to get MLG VOD in 2005 :uncledrew:

“Borrowing”
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Thats exactly what it will be....

-Winners finals right now

-Then there will be losers finals

-Then grand finals which could go 2 series long.

And all of those are 7 game series which at this point in the tournament its much more likely for each series to go the full 7 games so you have to account for that.  Add in time between games and the break after game 4 and  you HAVE to schedule each series with enough time to play.

Remember, its not about getting everything done as quickly as possible.  Its about following a schedule.  If MLG advertises XYZ match at a certain time, it should kick off around that time or you'll lose viewers that want to tune in for just specific matches.

Yeah, that's my bad. A misunderstanding on my part.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, that's my bad. A misunderstanding on my part.

No worries man. :)

Those splyce skins are sick.  I glad i drunk purchased them while playing last night....

I think people are just used to Optic being on mainstage whenever there is a match that they can lose since they're usually always in winners finals.

• Upvote (+1) 2