CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Update is 13,6 GB...

Holy shit....I was going to come play H5 for the first time in weeks for this update but I have deleted enough for this game already, what the total GB now?

Holy shit....I was going to come play H5 for the first time in weeks for this update but I have deleted enough for this game already, what the total GB now?

112.1 GB I believe, or something close to that. Too big though, the correct answer is too damn big. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

112.1 GB I believe, or something close to that. Too big though, the correct answer is too damn big. 

Mine shows 106.5 right now.

Also...can't even find a match on expanded

It's been said before but a Halo 5 multiplayer and forge only release would be so helpful 

Mine is 107.1gb.

I was just spitballing, it could be closer to that. I only recently re-downloaded H5, all I know is it's obnoxiously large. When I eventually grab my Xbox One X this winter the thing's going to melt when I re download H5 and MCC...

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Overtime update for Halo 5: Guardians ended up being larger than anticipated in terms of file size. Since the handoff for release, the team has found ways to further reduce the size of this update, and will be addressing this in a future hotfix.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/updates/overtime

From here.

Make sure if none of you are planning on getting an Xbox One X also turn off downloading 4K assets in your Xbox's console settings, otherwise you're wasting a ton of hard drive space.

• Upvote (+1) 3

then why is 343 suddenly concerned about sandbox redundancy and TTK charts now?  what has changed since 2015?  I know there was some staff turnover but it's just odd

Halo 6, all of this is being done with Halo 6 in mind.

343 hates compressing files. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I’m their defense, they made it very clear that it was just going to be a chill stream where they sat and chatted about the updates

No it's fine, I think my personality just doesn't jibe with that kind of stream. I'm more to the point. The nipple thing was cool for like 4 seconds... then I'm like - let's talk about grenades now...

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/updates/overtime

From here.

Make sure if none of you are planning on getting an Xbox One X also turn off downloading 4K assets in your Xbox's console settings, otherwise you're wasting a ton of hard drive space.

Wouldn't everyone already not want to download the 4k assets, since you're going to have to download it again on the X1X, or do you mean for those transferring a HDD over?

then why is 343 suddenly concerned about sandbox redundancy and TTK charts now?  what has changed since 2015?  I know there was some staff turnover but it's just odd

staff turnover probably shuffled some priorities, and Xbox One X update gave a good avenue to release some changes to the game

One can only hope that these priorities persist throughout the future.

Wouldn't everyone already not want to download the 4k assets, since you're going to have to download it again on the X1X, or do you mean for those transferring a HDD over?

There's a new option which allows you to transfer content between two consoles over your local network.

That or just plugging your hard drive in.

There's a new option which allows you to transfer content between two consoles over your local network.

Ahh, ok, that makes sense. And saves the day for the unfortunate few who live under data cap restrictions.

Halo 6, all of this is being done with Halo 6 in mind.

on that front, I ran across an interesting bit of information, I guess a Microsoft recruiter posted an ad for graphics engineers that claimed the next Halo game 'will be the biggest yet' and that 'the new game is going to be ridiculous'.  I'm mainly interested in the word "biggest," like maybe they're going to expand into battle royale / some other new game mode?

http://i.imgur.com/4dLe7Kl.jpg

For once clicking into the forums pays off. I've been waiting for this feature forever and had no idea they introduced it.

I'd love to try this new update but Microsoft seems to believe that the money I gave them for Live is just not a thing for today.  :mj: