???

What the fuck is "Halo twitter?" lmao.

halo community twitter

there's NBA twitter, soccer twitter, TV twitter, etc

• Upvote (+1) 2

halo community twitter

there's NBA twitter, soccer twitter, TV twitter, etc

Who is tweeting? I want to see the drama

Legit fucking shoutouts there @@Deez nice :)

I am feeling a lot better about this than i did during the tuning test playlist.  I am most curious about the AR and think it could be really well done, i'm just a little worried about range.  Splinters will certainly need some more tweaking i think.  We will see tomorrow, i'm going to try to play the shit out of this. New BR and Nades could make the H3 playlist AMAZING when it comes back (provided spawns are tweaked).

Next on the list - HCS news please

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't get why they didn't just lengthen the fuse on the splinters...this solution isn't really going to work.

Wait they reduced nade power? I'm hyped.

They reduced the blast radius, but made the damage more consistent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not a terrible game, in terms of how it is intended to be played.

The problem is that despite its name, it's not Halo

Then Reach isn't Halo either.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That is correct.

No it's not, you don't have to have a copy paste of the first three games to be a Halo game.

You can think their are good halo games and bad halo games but saying a game isn't "real" halo is just stupid just because you don't like aspects of it.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

No it's not, you don't have to have a copy paste of the first three games to be a Halo game.

You can think their are good halo games and bad halo games but saying a game isn't "real" halo is just stupid just because you don't like aspects of it.

Did you consider H2 and H3 the same as CE? You’re out of your mind.

If people don't like shitty changes then why does anyone enjoy a Halo game after the first?

Uh, what? Just because a sequel to a game is worse in many ways compared to it's predecessor doesn't mean it can't still be somewhat fun. And just because people enjoy a sequel to a good game with a bunch of shitty changes doesn't mean they enjoy it because of said changes but far more likely in spite of them. The reason why H2 and 3 are still as fun as they are despite the many downgrades to the base gameplay along the way is because of how solid the game they originally started with was.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is the arbitrary rhetoric I'm talking about. You can't just lump every automatic weapon into one giant shame category and mindlessly petition against it. Discussion of balance can't work that way. If that were the case, then there wouldn't be automatic weapons in other competitive shooters like CS:GO.

That would be like saying "remove all BRs from Halo 5" even though the H2 BR behaves monumentally different than the H5 BR.

The original Halo 5 automatics had faster perfect kill times and were easier to use than the precision weapons, which made absolutely no sense. The new tuning (hopefully) focuses on ease of use close range at the sacrifice of a ​slower kill time.

Recoil patterns? Reticle cones? Spread increase? Spread decrease? Max spread? Initial accuracy? All of these things can be modified to improve the skill requirement and competitive viability of weapons, and I think it's super bad that Halo fans have been conditioned to petition for the removal of weapons rather than wanting to improve and fix them.

CS:GO is a completely different game with completely different economy, accuracy and movement models, and weapon balance mechanics. It's also a PC shooter with no aim assist bullshit at all. I'm talking about automatics in Halo. I'm talking about automatics in the context of an arena-inspired squad shooter with hit-scan weapons that mostly go exactly where you point and in which a majority of weapon balance is built around how much aim assist a weapon gives you. You're just pre-empting obvious statements of fact as "rhetoric," demonstrating that you probably have a shaky understanding at best of what that word actually means. You're not making arguments. You're just throwing around a bunch of vague hypethicals and insinuating that people who aren't interested in forever discussing the as-of-yet undiscovered merits of braindead bullet hoses are somehow mindlessly adhering to the status quo.

It's not "arbitrary." There is no context in which an accurate, forgiving bullet hose will have any positive place in the competitive weapon sandbox of a Halo game. Even say we made it functionally identical to the precision weapons in terms of aiming skill requirement. You still have three obvious problems. One, it's pointless, redundant, and stepping on the toes of the precision weapons. Two it's a DESCOPE MACHINE in a game in which scoping in has never been more important and de-scoping never more jarring. We've clearly seen this problem with the Carbine and it would be worse with a far higher rate of fire. Three, it has wonderful clean-up spam utility (something touted as a merit of the gunfighter on-stream, hilariously). Even assuming we achieved an ideal balance of kill time to gun skill requirement, you still haven't addressed the very simple core question here. WHY?

I'm not mindlessly doing anything. You're being contrarian because you think it makes you look smart and you still haven't made a concrete argument for any meaningful value of marginally more "skillful" automatics. The reason this kind of stupid shit wasn't discussed before is that people actually LIKED that competitive Halo was about contesting meaningful POWER WEAPONS in equal, skill-oriented precision fights. And now apparently we're interesting in pontificating endlessly about trivial tweaks to 5 million different mostly pointless weapons strewn all over the map, so we can ensure even more uneven gun fights on a regular basis, because... short attention span? Maybe Team Duals is the playlist for you.

​And spray patterns in a game in which you aim with ANALOGUE STICKS is such a profoundly idiotic idea that it's not even worth discussing further.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What i didnt like about the ar was that you could spray 75% of your clip at full auto and consistently kill a pistol user on his 4th shot. It was too fast and too easy. If theyve tuned it to make a perfectly placed clip required for the kill then thats ok with me.

I like the changes so far. I dont know if its enough to get me to reinstall but im now leaning to a h6 preorder

• Upvote (+1) 1