CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I am still in disbelief that MLG is hosting an event this weekend. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Holy shit, would you look at that, add my tag!

We had that super beast guy who went 6-14, classic

Yeah that game was hot gold/plat fire

Multiple master chiefs towards the end

Super glad I let my friend talk me into reading that book. If Spielberg only gets it half right, it'll still be awesome!

ctcgPWC.png

got bored and made this

so there's 84 total players listed above

40 from NA, 24 from EU, 8 from both ANZ+LATAM and 4 from Asia

IgnCwCw.png

and here are players that have placed top 16 at NA HWC regionals

justice for victory x

A lot of those stats speak to AR/Radar kids.  :kappa: 

Do we know what happened to Victory post HCS?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah that game was hot gold/plat fire

The HWC playlist blows my mind, one game ill have hot garbage teammates, the next game my team is doing highly coordinated pushes as a group and team shooting like crazy, blowing teams out. Then, if I team up with a couple friends 9/10 times you fight pros on smurfs, or some AM teams on smurfs lmao, and you get dumped on. I have yoyo'd from D1 to plat 1 for the last month and its driving me fucking insane lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Super glad I let my friend talk me into reading that book. If Spielberg only gets it half right, it'll still be awesome!

I loved the book as well, but you can tell by the trailer that it's not going to be anything like the book.

Can someone explain to me exactly how the format will actually work this weekend?

From what I've gathered the top 4 teams from the open bracket will join pool play and the next 4 from the open will go straight into the Championship losers bracket round 1. Then the top 8 from pool play will seed the Championship Winners bracket whilst the bottom 4 seed the rest of the losers bracket round 1. Teams 9-12 from pool play will go into the losers bracket round 2. 

Is that right?  

Can someone explain to me exactly how the format will actually work this weekend?

From what I've gathered the top 4 teams from the open bracket will join pool play and the next 4 from the open will go straight into the Championship losers bracket round 1. Then the top 8 from pool play will seed the Championship Winners bracket whilst the bottom 4 seed the rest of the losers bracket round 1. Teams 9-12 from pool play will go into the losers bracket round 2. 

Is that right?  

9-12 from Pool Play would be Losers Round 1 so the people coming from Open on the bottom half have an opponent (Technically, Open 2nd just has bye round to Losers Round 2 and both teams meet there, but you truncate it to Losers Round 1)  At least, that's how it should work?

I'm in awe at the size of this lad.

Hey guys I've actually been waiting a long time to be able to use this meme and I'd really appreciate it if the post got at least a few + rep. Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

No, but you were on my team for a 3 to 2 loss in the HCS playlist last night.

Hey I played with you guys for a game or two as well.  BetterThnLethul

Holy shit, would you look at that, add my tag!

We had that super beast guy who went 6-14, classic

Also, that might've been me. IPA doesnt exactly help my halo skills. :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey guys I've actually been waiting a long time to be able to use this meme and I'd really appreciate it if the post got at least a few + rep. Thanks.

Hi. I'm still sorta new here but isn't asking for + rep a sure-fire way to NOT get + rep?

• Upvote (+1) 1

9-12 from Pool Play would be Losers Round 1 so the people coming from Open on the bottom half have an opponent (Technically, Open 2nd just has bye round to Losers Round 2 and both teams meet there, but you truncate it to Losers Round 1)  At least, that's how it should work?

So where do 13 - 16 from pool play go?

I thought that 9 - 12 would populate losers round 2 whilst 13 - 16 go to losers round 1...

Hi. I'm still sorta new here but isn't asking for + rep a sure-fire way to NOT get + rep?

NavG is an ethereal being.  The rules of mere mortals do not apply to him.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even if you dual box, we would appreciate any support on MLG.tv this weekend! Will be big for showing the strength of the relationship to my internal stake holders!

Should be a great show.

EDIT!: Also would love feedback so I can send to Engineering.

Some slightly related feedback, Halo doesn't feature anywhere on mlg.com.

I'm making a thread on ResetEra to discuss Orlando/the rest of the HWC and I was going to link mlg.com but there doesn't seem to be any point... 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So where do 13 - 16 from pool play go?

I thought that 9 - 12 would populate losers round 2 whilst 13 - 16 go to losers round 1...

I thought i had it... but now im confused..

@@Clap can you clear up the champ bracket rules?  Maybe include a flowchart with some pretty arrows and unicorn stickers?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some slightly related feedback, Halo doesn't feature anywhere on mlg.com.

I'm making a thread on ResetEra to discuss Orlando/the rest of the HWC and I was going to link mlg.com but there doesn't seem to be any point... 

This bummed me out super hard. Also, when you hover over the schedule button it literally skips over the halo event.

• Upvote (+1) 1