CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I respect what you are saying but truthfully cannot ever fully sympathize with complaints that I can only view as trivial given that it is coming from people who have a literal dream job for a young adult male. In fact, as someone who has to work for a living while also attending school, I find it nearly insulting.

Taking a break is fine itself. Being annoyed by Twitch chat toxicity is fine. But if it is is big enough of an issue to warrant such a whiny tweet as well as the quitting of streaming for a while then I can't help but just think of Spartan as someone who lacks any real problems.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 20

I respect what you are saying but truthfully cannot ever fully sympathize with complaints that I can only view as trivial given that it is coming from people who have a literal dream job for a young adult male. In fact, as someone who has to work for a living while also attending school, I find it nearly insulting.

Taking a break is fine itself. Being annoyed by Twitch chat toxicity is fine. But if it is is big enough of an issue to warrant such a whiny tweet as well as the quitting of streaming for a while then I can't help but just think of Spartan as someone who lacks any real problems.

So let's say you worked for Google, somebody else's dream job. Let's also say at Google you were being overworked, or your bonus got smaller, or you didn't get along with your co-workers, or your boss was taking advantage of you and making you do things that shouldn't be your job, etc. Would you not have the right to complain, even though that's someone else's dream job, to work at tech-giant Google? Such a dumb argument.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing on the H5 local app was one of the best if not the best H5 experience I've ever had. It had a slightly different feel but in a good way, aiming was extremely smooth with the melees throwing me off. Definitely recommend everyone playing on it, idk how I feel going back to online. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I realize that it's technically off-topic every time we talk about Ninja, but it's crazy, he's literally the top individual streamer on Twitch (in terms of current/active followers and consistent view count); I distinctly remember watching him play Reach 1v1s against random GB players for like 90 viewers on Justin.tv

Imagine how good it would be for H6 if he streamed it nonstop the first couple weeks (not out of the realm of possibility)

While a lot of his viewers and subs are there because they like Ninja as a streamer, a good chunk of his recent viewership is because Fortnite is one of the most popular titles out there and free to play and people want to watch someone who's one of the best play it. I don't think his viewership would be as nutty for Halo 6.

While a lot of his viewers and subs are there because they like Ninja as a streamer, a good chunk of his recent viewership is because Fortnite is one of the most popular titles out there and free to play and people want to watch someone who's one of the best play it. I don't think his viewership would be as nutty for Halo 6.

He made the best decision of his life when he quit Halo. I personally still find his streams to be incredibly boring though. His idea of entertainment is almost that of a kids birthday clown. The main reason to watch is for his gameplay but all he streams is Fortnite. And thats casual as fuck compared to PUBG and H1Z1, at least in the past.

So how he gets more than 10k people watching and now 40k people as of late is beyond me.

He made the best decision of his life when he quit Halo. I personally still find his streams to be incredibly boring though. His idea of entertainment is almost that of a kids birthday clown. The main reason to watch is for his gameplay but all he streams is Fortnite. And thats casual as fuck compared to PUBG and H1Z1, at least in the past.

So how he gets more than 10k people watching and now 40k people as of late is beyond me.

Ninja's Fortnite gameplay is on another level. I love jumping into the stream because it doesn't take long for something crazy to happen.

I don't get the love for the PonPon thing he does though. I tend to close the stream when that starts.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You walk into your kids room, and you find them playing Halo 5? What do you do?

I don't want to think about those awkward moments just yet. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

"the halo community is toxic right now"

"no it's not you entitled, whiny, no problem having VIDEO GAME PRO, shut up and play"

classic

IMO halo twitch chat is horrible right now and it has gotten worse

How is Halo twitch chat bad?

• Downvote (-1) 1

"the halo community is toxic right now"

"no it's not you entitled, whiny, no problem having VIDEO GAME PRO, shut up and play"

classic

IMO halo twitch chat is horrible right now and it has gotten worse

I know what you mean, there are only 2 twitch chats i ever read and those are wonderboy and Jimbo and even that is relatively infrequent.  Any other chats i just completely ignore.

I doubt Lethul stopped streaming because of his Twitch chat. He was regularly pulling 800+ viewers and seemed okay with his chat being a shitstorm. In fact, I'd say that half the appeal of his stream was his chat, the other half being his no-fucks-given personality.

• Upvote (+1) 1

oh of course he would lose viewers, but it would still be great for H6 when (likely very briefly) switches to it

How is Halo twitch chat bad?

Literally Halo 5, everyone outside of the fan base just takes the piss out of it now in the chat and slams it/the players/the community/the casters. The whole advance movement saga has done so much damage to the franchise and people like to use it as an excuse to inflate their ego and take aim calling us a joke.

That said people shouldn't be getting triggered by it, welcome to the internet and freedom of speech in all of its glory. However on the flip side I fully appreciate and understand why some one would want to distance themselves from it. Streaming takes a lot of time and effort, major respect to anyone who does it on the regular especially in Halo where the viewership can be difficult at times.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I doubt Lethul stopped streaming because of his Twitch chat. He was regularly pulling 800+ viewers and seemed okay with his chat being a shitstorm. In fact, I'd say that half the appeal of his stream was his chat, the other half being his no-fucks-given personality.

I mean, he said that's why he quit. His chat was awful. And the no-fucks given thing can only last so long. Everybody has their limits.

There are consequences to things we say online. When you talk shit about Someone you have to remember that they are a person with real human emotions no matter what facade they project.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I mean, he said that's why he quit. His chat was awful. And the no-fucks given thing can only last so long. Everybody has their limits.

There are consequences to things we say online. When you talk shit about Someone you have to remember that they are a person with real human emotions no matter what facade they project.

^great post

also just a friendly reminder to anyone reading this that you never know what people are going through irl so try to be understanding and have a little empathy once in a while

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's this safe space generation that needs people to hold their hands and tell them it's ok. Grow some balls, be a man, and brush it off.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 16

LethuL is absolutely not allowed to get pissed off by shitposters in his chat

hes just not

come back lxthul

i wanna shitpost and copypasta in your chat

• Upvote (+1) 3