CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't know about you guys but I'm terrified of these weapon changes ... if they ruin the pistol + BR I'll likely just stop playing this game altogether

• Upvote (+1) 4

The BR has changed since the test playlist. Not sure why everyone is already completely against a weapon they’ve never used.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The BR has changed since the test playlist. Not sure why everyone is already completely against a weapon they’ve never used.

I just prefer single shot weapons, burst fire never felt as good to me

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Same, but no bleed through on the pistol really ruins it for me. 1 pistol shot takes away 25% of the shield. If I throw a grenade at a player and it takes away 20% of their shield, I should have an advantage. But with the pistol in Halo 5 not having bleed through, I don’t have an advantage and the grenade I threw that damaged my opponent was essentially useless.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Burst fire is awful for a primary for a game with as much movement and speed on a console shooter as H5.  You have to consistently keep tracking not just between shots, but during your shot as well.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Flag us prioritized over weapons in game. Instances where you see this seem not to be true usually involve the flag on a different plane or someone just frantically holding pick up button before they get in range.

I don't think it's smoothly handled in practice.

So you're telling me all those times I missed the flag and complained

was actually me missing the flag and not being a perfect player? I call bullshit  :kappa: 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Same. Might be unpopular but I think Reach zb DMR fights and the H5 pistol fights are super fun!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Burst fire is awful for a primary for a game with as much movement and speed on a console shooter as H5. You have to consistently keep tracking not just between shots, but during your shot as well.

Tfw you agree with this guy. Spooky times.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I suddenly feel like I'm in the minority for greatly preferring the BR to the pistol. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Tfw you agree with this guy. Spooky times.

we must unite as one

Honestly we just need to create the Halo life cycle chart. 

Before launch its a phase of pessimism because the last game was terrible slowly building to hype up until release.

Launch is a honeymoon with few people calling things the way they are and the phase of "adapt" "its a new game" "just try something different"

Months into the sustain you hit massive amounts of negativity and the potential removal of some things that were simply bad but somehow defended for months

After a year the game is dead and you start getting really big patches that appeal to people who left over shitty settings/decisions but its too late.

Near two years you hit insane amounts of nostalgia and a final patch that inevitably has something to do with a BR or older maps and changes that are only made because nobody is playing anyways.

New Halo game is announced and you repeat the cycle.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

I suddenly feel like I'm in the minority for greatly preferring the BR to the pistol.

I understand liking the BR over the pistol because its stronger. The pistol in Halo 5 is very weak at range. But 1 bullet shots>spread in every scenario in any Halo.

I understand liking the BR over the pistol because its stronger. The pistol in Halo 5 is very weak at range. But 1 bullet shots>spread in every scenario in any Halo.

The only reason the Magnum seems weak at range is that all of the rifles are straight upgrades to it in every way. There is no purpose for the rifles in H5 except to outclass the starting weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not even that, I just like the idea that you need to remain steady throughout your entire burst. Don't get me wrong, I see the merit of single shot, zero spread weapons. I loved the CE magnum, and the Reach DMR after ZBNS settings arrived felt really good as well. I don't hate the pistol in H5, while I do hate the Halo 3 BR, but on the whole, I just prefer the BR to single shot weapons. I feel like the H2 BR was my favorite utility weapon by a pretty wide margin. There's something about knowing that you don't just have to hit 4 shots, but also remain steady throughout the entire burst of those four shots that resonates with me for whatever reason.

Your profile says you’ve been a member since 2013, but this post seems to indicate maybe you’re new here.....

• Upvote (+1) 2

The pistol is my favorite Halo 5 weapon - one of the guns that compels me to come back every now and then. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I pretty much think the pistol is the only well designed weapon in the entire sandbox. The only reason it ever feels bad is/was when an OP automatic was shooting you, nobody missed with snipe, and when someone picked up any of the rifles which are just pistols with more aim assist. All of which can and should be easily solved

I'd like the pistol more if it didn't sound so terrible and weak.

99% sure that this next season is going to be BR/Gunfighter starts.

What is even the point of separating your utility into two different guns? Is this really gonna be pushed for, even to the next Halo game? After two straight years of Magnum, they just pull the plug out to make way for a nostalgic nose dive into the absurdity that is burst fire.

I'll tell you exactly what they're gonna show today. It's gonna be a slow firing, slightly inaccurate BR, with a wimpy Gunfighter that does fuck-all. That's it. That's their way of "fixing" the "issue" they have.

Guess I'll be in Social where I have a Magnum...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Meh im ok with either, im so exhausted wanting something i cant have. I'm really excited we have local servers to play on. Who knows maybe these changes will play better on the local server's as well :D 

Why are they going to remove the only good thing H5 had, pistol duels are the only good thing the game has, and they are going to force BR starts.

“Muh nostalgia”

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Holy fuck 343 wants to fuck the few people that actually play the game, to see if they can attract a few BR nostalgic players ?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I could just wait for the update notes today, but screw it, I'll ask. What changed with the BR? I didn't play any of the tuning playlist.

Holy fuck 343 wants to fuck the few people that actually play the game, to see if they can attract a few BR nostalgic players ?

Them thinking of adding something for nostalgia to the game gives me hope they may make h6 a "nostalgic" type of game.

• Upvote (+1) 1