CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Holy fuck that came out of nowhere. Congrats @@GoldenboyFTW

He is definitely the jolliest looking person in that pic too which I appreciate haha

• Upvote (+1) 2

scattershot..

Noob combo is a bigger problem. Tracks across the map and is fast.

• Downvote (-1) 1

tracking definitely should be nerfed in range

Combo shouldn't exist

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Combo shouldn't exist

I think if it had a longer cool down time/swap out time after shooting it would be fine. The problem is people knock shields then switch to clean up in a millisecond. Also agree it should be nerfed tracking wise.

I think if it had a longer cool down time/swap out time after shooting it would be fine. The problem is people knock shields then switch to clean up in a millisecond. Also agree it should be nerfed tracking wise.

It would still be obnoxious. Just combo people over and over while peeking

Yeah the PP basically nullifies the entire purpose of OS, which is to enable pushes from the player/team. Powerups shouldn't have a counter since they're already contested for.

Not to mention it's a weapon that takes no skill to make any player one shot.

In this game, I’ll play Super Fiesta over Team Slayer and Social Slayer anyday of the week. If I’m gonna have to put up with a bunch of Random bullshit, Random bullshit may as well be the point of the gamemode. Slayer is an infuriating experience in this game.

Yep. That's exactly my point.

Side note: I love how the actual solution to both Doubles and FFA is "Make it classic."

Sprint suuuuucccks

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yep. That's exactly my point.

Side note: I love how the actual solution to both Doubles and FFA is "Make it classic."

Sprint suuuuucccks

The more games I play that don't have Sprint, the clearer it becomes just how fucking bad it is. I used to mostly consider it an annoyance, but have come to my senses about how game breaking it really is.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The more games I play that don't have Sprint, the clearer it becomes just how fucking bad it is. I used to mostly consider it an annoyance, but have come to my senses about how game breaking it really is.

But where is your data?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

When I play The Silent Cartographer or Assault on the Control Room (two of the largest single player maps in Halo history) I don't for 1 second think "I need to sprint".

Why?

Because the level designers did their job. The levels are designed so that there are multiple vehicles where needed or there are clumps of enemies for you to shoot at as you make your way to the next vehicle or stage so you don't get bored.

I did more footslogging in Halo 4/5 despite it having faster movement speed...

Yeah but at least now you actually feel like a spartan. /s

• Upvote (+1) 5

When I play The Silent Cartographer or Assault on the Control Room (two of the largest single player maps in Halo history) I don't for 1 second think "I need to sprint".

Why?

Because the level designers did their job. The levels are designed so that there are multiple vehicles where needed or there are clumps of enemies for you to shoot at as you make your way to the next vehicle or stage so you don't get bored.

I did more footslogging in Halo 4/5 despite it having faster movement speed...

Thats the same philosophy i have about things like lifts, mancannons and teleporters.  They are good tools to allow a designer to scale a map however they want while still maintaining control over the pacing they want to provide.  Sprint just makes it a random mess

• Upvote (+1) 3

WHV6m7I.png

Thing is, people bitch if they don't have all these playlists. It's literally impossible to do anything on this front when it comes to the Halo fanbase as whole. Even Halo 3 had playlists with extremely low populations.

(PS I agree)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thing is, people bitch if they don't have all these playlists. It's literally impossible to do anything on this front when it comes to the Halo fanbase as whole. Even Halo 3 had playlists with extremely low populations.

(PS I agree)

IMO voting in Reach helped with this immensely. Gametypes that were similar enough to have a significant overlap in players who liked them could be grouped into one social playlist. For example Swat/Snipers/Social Slayer could occupy the three different voting slots in a Quick-play style playlist.

You'd still want to keep ranked playlists pretty much the way they are (Or at the most allow 1 veto to help with broken gametypes that haven't been taken out yet) since players shouldn't really be able to just dodge maps/gametypes they aren't good at.

• Upvote (+1) 1