CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

what happened with infused where they kicked jimbo and lost to batchford but now jimbo is back? is that basically it?

I think they booted TuFoxy and picked Jimbo back up after their loss.

I want to say big thank you to Gfinity for streaming the 2k. Stream was super crisp and entertaining. You guys are setting up higher standards for HCS. Say our thanks to the crew @@Onset.

Thank you dude. Glad you enjoyed the show and I presume that you enjoyed my shirt, at this point its a given tbh. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

This thread moves too fast for me with MLG lol. 

Yeah slide boosting was fun on all but come on lol that shit was ridiculous. There's literally no way to design around it because you could do it on EVERY elevation change in some fashion and you slingshot yourself across entire maps.

IMO it was just too easy. If you had to thrust-slide-jump all with 1 frame in between, it would be like spring jumping where you can reasonably assume most players wont be doing it consistently.

Yeah slide boosting was fun on all but come on lol that shit was ridiculous. There's literally no way to design around it because you could do it on EVERY elevation change in some fashion and you slingshot yourself across entire maps.

"Working as intended"

"Fathom is bad cuz it's too easy to OE pull" "I want a mechanic back that makes every map play like that" And that's not even touching on SH maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo (and the Rainbow Six Vegas games) is the only franchise that I have been able to sit down and play for 3+ hours.  COD is fun for about three-four matches and then it gets boring, and I don't have the patience to learn a new game.

Actually, that last part is pretty much why I have stuck with Halo nearly exclusively for the past 10 years.

Even Reach, which I hated, I could sit and play for hours if I had some friends on.  Reach was a terrible game for me but some of my most hilarious Halo memories come from playing Squad Slayer with a buddy of mine.

You can call me a freak too, I hated Halo 2 and to this day think it is the worst of the entire franchise.

Halo 2 is not only the best Halo game, but more than likely the single best console shooter of all time

To the pit of misery

DILLY DILLY!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 2 is not only the best Halo game, but more than likely the single best console shooter of all time

To the pit of misery

DILLY DILLY!!!

That is my most unpopular opinion about the entire Halo franchise.  I played H2 not long after it came out and didn't like it, I tried again with MCC and still didn't like it.  It was just never my cup of tea.

But to say Halo 2 is better than CE?  That is blasphemy.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It was the dumbest bug ever - it allowed you to fling across as stupid speeds on any downwards platform. You patch two spots, sixteen more crop up at the next LAN because people decided to keep it a secret for an advantage, and then time is spent trying to fix those in Forge (somehow?) and then more pop up.

I'm all for adding more skill to movement but I don't think slide boosting was the way to go.

It was incredibly difficult to execute and you have no proof 16 more spots would've popped up. If you think super slide was dumb then you must've thought quad shot was ********.
  • Downvote (-1) 9

It was incredibly difficult to execute and you have no proof 16 more spots would've popped up. If you think super slide was dumb then you must've thought quad shot was ********.

If you think it was hard to do then I worry about you brother. It was even easier than G sliding in blops 3 and that had like half the reward.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Difference is that quad/double shot actually solved a problem having to do with slow kill times and lack of skill differentiation with the BR. Super slide just added to an already powerful set of movement techniques. The glitches aren’t even remotely comparable in difficulty or effect.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only one who really does not give a fuck is bigger orgs are in Halo or not? OpTic are literally the only org that provides a (small) viewership boost.

I can understand from a player's perspective for travel and a small salary etc. - however, everyone getting sad at LG/EG for leaving, from a spectator perspective, why? They did nothing to grow our brand and Halo did nothing to grow theirs. So be it.

I'd rather have Halo selling out 108(+) team LANs with MLG than 22 teams turn up at eSportsArena and half of them be big orgs.

If they are not bothered about Halo then I'd rather them leave us be. We are perfectly fine without them.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If they are not bothered about Halo then I'd rather them leave us be. We are perfectly fine without them.

If an org joins Halo it means they believe Halo has the capability to become a good source of revenue. This means they have faith in 343 to deliver decent tournaments to a large pool of fans.

Orgs pulling out means that either at face value or behind the scenes Halo is not worth an investment.

As it stands, I wouldn't spend a dollar in Halo 5 after the shitshow that was 2017. Laughing stock of esports, radio silence, pathetic planning and even worse execution.

We know MLG will do a damn good job but the damage is done. (Also Halo 5's playerbase is next to nothing showing that people aren't interesting in the game let alone the HCS)

• Upvote (+1) 5

There really is no reason for orgs to continue investing in Halo at the moment, as they are investing in Siege and PUBG for shooters with growth potential. Teams shuffle far too often in Halo for new orgs to get invested and the scene has been run with absolutely no ROI for the ones that have been in it.

With low viewership and being attached to the joke that was 2017, one of the most damning things that can be said about 343's handling of the scene is how long it took for skins to get added in the game as well as the announcement that no more can physically be added. Basically the only way for orgs to monetize this game and it took LG and Str8 more than a year to get skins while Splyce took ~9 months. Not to mention after orgs invest their own resources to make the skins, 343 only leaves them up for sale in game for 2 weeks at a time and then tried to remove the weapons that were skinned from competitive weeks after they were announced. 

343 has a serious org relations issue at the moment as the bigger games are requiring more investment to keep up and the lack of success, structure and follow through at 343 has driven some away for good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Trying to get into Overwatch League as I think the structure of it is the future of E-sports. But I can't watch the games, way too fast and hectic.

Will Halo ever see the more professional structure like the Overwatch league?

Trying to get into Overwatch League as I think the structure of it is the future of E-sports. But I can't watch the games, way too fast and hectic.

No.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There+are+no+stupid+questions+history+teno