CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ffs... this response to Ryan's post on the Waypoint forums...

jZmPar6.jpg

I'm pretty that is just someone trolling

l8

Brief update:

• Planning is going great for HaloWC/MLG Orlando.
  • We have all of the talent locked in (we'll share details later, I'm sure Tashi will put something together closer to the event)
  • Team passes are roughly 65% sold out at this point, lets fucking go
  • FFA, we'll have updates soon
  • We'll have 192 competition Xboxes deployed on the floor for competition and pool play warm up (don't ask what console it is, I don't know yet. Assume it is the original Xbox1 for now. Working on it)
  • We will have an alpha stream replete with what you would expect from a MLG show
  • Working on a bravo stream for Orlando. It might be a gameplay only stream as the scope of this event is a bit different than Regionals and WC, but we're working on it. 
  • The venue itself is in the middle of a bunch of great restaurants and cool shit to do. You will have fun

Let's sell this bitch out.

holy hell this sounds amazing! i can't tell you how excited i am to watch this!

and thanks for hanging around beyond and giving us updates. the communication is appreciated and such a great change from the past few years 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tweeting HCS and Tashi did no good. There's a bunch of people asking on waypoint & getting ignored too. I got banned for asking for an update  :wutface:

Isn't tashi getting his wisdom teeth out probably all drugged up at this point?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Isn't tashi getting his wisdom teeth out probably all drugged up at this point?

Ha! I don't know, we aren't cool like that. Besides, he was responding to other people at the time. 

Still no excuse though 

EDIT: At least 5 people need to recalibrate their sarcasm detectors

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

holy hell this sounds amazing! i can't tell you how excited i am to watch this!

and thanks for hanging around beyond and giving us updates. the communication is appreciated and such a great change from the past few years

Thats the crazy thing, he is continuing to visit these forums like he has a long time but now he can actually talk about halo events. Its amazing!

Ha! I don't know, we aren't cool like that. Besides, he was responding to other people at the time. 

Still no excuse though 

Yeah but did you try asking in all caps?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For Orlando I might be 'GTFO' :(

He is busy with OWL right now, but hoping to have him at future events

Who cares about OWL when sweet MLG Halo is back in action.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

<p>

Brief update:

• We have all of the talent locked in (we'll share details later, I'm sure Tashi will put something together closer to the event)
AZRkkV4.gif

WHERES MY WONDERBOY

Haha I'll be refreshing my emails every day in hope friend

Don’t worry m8. You’re not the only one refreshing emails every day in hope. I’m with ya.

All you EU casters are top notch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can live with a gameplay only Bravo...

Everything sounds great.

i love our casters but sometimes i would prefer a listen in only game. i think doing this as a bravo stream is a great idea especially if there is someone switching pov

• Upvote (+1) 6

You guys think I would be able to use the Instinct and Ambush logos on HDH as some players are going by those names atm?

Yeah but did you try asking in all caps?

I don't blame them for not wanting to respond when the answer is "We have no fucking clue what we're doing"

• Downvote (-1) 11

i love our casters but sometimes i would prefer a listen in only game. i think doing this as a bravo stream is a great idea especially if there is someone switching pov

My favorite thing about watching College Basketball is the ESPN deal where I can watch the "POV" camera with only stadium audio. The eSports version of this would be A++++ as well

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys think I would be able to use the Instinct and Ambush logos on HDH as some players are going by those names atm?

Is Lunchbox's team going as Instinct? That would be so sick

• Upvote (+1) 4

It'll be the first event where we'll have dedicated observers, which personally really excites me.

@@Catalyst - Sorry if I missed your tweet, I'll dig around for it but feel free to tweet me again or send a PM or whatever. Been bouncing around on Twitter, various forums, and the ANZ/LATAM Facebook groups trying to provide updates and answer as many questions as I can. Google translate is amazing btw.

Thanks! Sent you a PM

Man we have been so used to hearing about the 'overwhelming cost' of a Bravo stream for years. This is great. :weback:

You mean a “Barvo” stream right ?
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 6