CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can't believe all the overwatch talk. Does this place not have mods? You guys insulting each other over OW oppinions in the halo thread lol seriously now children

This is what happens when nothing interesting is happening with Halo.

And with Halo 6 most likely launching next year, get used to it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I guess you didn't watch any of last nights matches where Fleta and Effect were pretty much single-handedly shutting down opposing teams... 

This ignorant statement could not be any less true. Every team has to have a competent DPS or they will get steam rolled.  It's funny that is so hard for you to understand.   

https://clips.twitch.tv/GorgeousArborealBananaTakeNRG

https://clips.twitch.tv/EphemeralSarcasticLionBabyRage

Even support players can standout base on individual performance:

https://clips.twitch.tv/LitigiousDreamyPorpoiseOneHand 

Oh yeah two highlight videos of an entire day of gameplay totally prove a point, fuck the other 98% of gameplay where Genji is hard-countered by a character that requires literally zero aim (yes actual 'literally' for once). And I don't even like Genji.

Dude, let's face it: Overwatch is at least 80% teamwork (and not even the good kind, it's literally "hold your teammates hand and bum-rush this one objective on the map") and maybe 20% individual performance and these numbers shrink drastically with characters like Mercy and Lucio. Even "skill-intense" characters like Widow and Hanzo are comically easy when compared to other FPS thanks to the ridiculously generous headshot hitboxes, never mind their wallhack abilities and the scatter arrow.

Again, before the hyperbole post comes in: No one is saying OW is a skill-free casual fuckfest and that Halo is totally the better game. But OW really does not have enough of a skill ceiling or gameplay depth to justify this behemoth of a tournament structure and the ludicrous money being invested into this league.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

If you go on EBay, you can get on acer’s webstore on there and get one for about the same price. That guy was just wanting to know one that was good for Halo and you don’t really need a 144hz monitor for console gaming.

I play a lot of PC games :)

I will check out ebay

Their investors goal was definitely to take it out of the "Niche" category and make it mainstream.  The ONLY game that could go mainstream right now is CS.  its the only game that is entertaining enough, has enough followers, deep enough to strategize about endlessly yet easy enough to understand and follow for people that are new.

lol yeah, OWL is never going to be on ESPN-1 or be mainstream in any way.  In terms of spectator experience, I think FPS games and sports games (FIFA or Rocket League or whatever) probably have the most potential to get out of the niche.  

Or maybe the niche will just keep growing ... ?  As Grubby once said, in a few decades there might be a few bars where you can watch "traditional sports," while it's esports everywhere else.  

anyway, on-topic --- how many passes are there for Orlando?  I thought the cap was 96 or something for previous events, is that still the case?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh yeah two highlight videos of an entire day of gameplay totally prove a point, fuck the other 98% of gameplay where Genji is hard-countered by a character that requires literally zero aim (yes actual 'literally' for once). And I don't even like Genji.

Dude, let's face it: Overwatch is at least 80% teamwork (and not even the good kind, it's literally "hold your teammates hand and bum-rush this one objective on the map") and maybe 20% individual performance and these numbers shrink drastically with characters like Mercy and Lucio. Even "skill-intense" characters like Widow and Hanzo are comically easy when compared to other FPS thanks to the ridiculously generous headshot hitboxes, never mind their wallhack abilities and the scatter arrow.

Again, before the hyperbole post comes in: No one is saying OW is a skill-free casual fuckfest and that Halo is totally the better game.

A few clips? Took me like 2 seconds to find those clips. It wasn't like searching for a needle in a hay stack.  Half the clips on the Overwatchleague twitch account are DPS players going ham and shutting teams down. 

But OW really does not have enough of a skill ceiling or gameplay depth to justify this behemoth of a tournament structure and the ludicrous money being invested into this league.

LOL.  Hilarious.  I guess that's why the last three pages of this forum people have been complaining about it being too fast paced for the announcers and too complex to understand for casuals.    

• Upvote (+1) 1

But OW really does not have enough of a skill ceiling or gameplay depth to justify this behemoth of a tournament structure and the ludicrous money being invested into this league.

Wonder how long before people realize these two things are completely irrelevant to one another. Its invested in because its popular. It has tournaments because people play and watch. Nowhere does skill ceiling or depth come into play or matter. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Highest EU placing ever, lose 3 scrims to Vexed, make team change...

They didnt even lose today. They had a similar thing last season with excel but got over it and dominated. It would certainly explain why respectful was so quiet in scrims today.

They didnt even lose today. They had a similar thing last season with excel but got over it and dominated. It would certainly explain why respectful was so quiet in scrims today.

I thought everyone sounded really frustrated today in that series today. Also ya you're correct they only lost 2 to Vexed.