CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"Oreos" have been added to the site. Nemmassist, Dastroyed, el Town and Rammy. Name picked by Rammy Himself

They beat Tappings team last night. Tappings team dropped El Town btw.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm just gonna make a bold prediction here. Luminosity won't place outside the top 2 this season.

Very bold.

I'd love to see it but LAN/D is a different beast.

I'm just gonna make a bold prediction here. Luminosity won't place outside the top 2 this season.

I will one up your bold decision, ill say Ace/box will place 4th at Orlando, you heard it here first.

"Oreos" have been added to the site. Nemmassist, Dastroyed, el Town and Rammy. Name picked by Rammy Himself

They beat Tappings team last night. Tappings team dropped El Town btw.

Tapping's team dropping el Town for Shooter was so 2017.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Tapping's team dropping el Town for Shooter was so 2017.  :lxthul:

I mean thats a SOLID trade off, when you get shooter you get a Snakebite jr. Hes going to be your in game shot caller, and he makes extremely smart plays, overall I think this was a huge win for tappings team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All of the games were really close. OpTic might have been having a bad night. The competition is going to be really close this year, but, everything is a lot different on LAN

Eh doesn’t look close to me, I see one 50-49 (which OG won) two 100-90(ish) and one 3-2 flag. The rest were either comfortable or dominant wins. Granted everyone is still probably shaking off the cobwebs, interested to see how this season plays out.

Optic was definitely having a bad night. I hopped into Frosty's stream and caught the last 3 games.

• they blew Truth slayer with a 44-40 lead
  • as Fathom Flag started, Frosty said it was his last game and they all sort of agreed (sarcastically) that they should have stopped the scrim after the 3rd game
  • when they realized there was only one gametype after Fathom, they just went ahead and played Empire SH (Snakebite - "we all know whoever wins the last game wins the scrim")

So yea idk what happened the first half of the scrim but obviously it wasn't a good night from the beginning, and the last 2 games I saw were pretty lackadaisical. Take it how you will, I think LG is still going to be a top 3 team but OG just wasn't on yesterday. It happens.

for the online gamebattles starting this weekend, do we know if pro status has carried over from last season or is everyone starting over and having to climb the ladder for orlando?

OG 2 - 4 LG currently.  CLG/OG were so far ahead of everyone else to begin with I thought nobody would ever catch up.  It's looking like this season will be the most competitive yet!  :ace:

lmao. Online scrim (PRACTICE) results have never been representative of anything meaningful in any competitive game at any point.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Every bubu dubu's team (since he started appearing with Huke) was able to do 2 things: challenge optic and lose to worst teams. I don't want to say that this happens just because os this guy, but everytime he moves team someone put a list here on why X player is better than him, but yet after some time he's always on the "new team to watch".

• Upvote (+1) 5

Every bubu dubu's team (since he started appearing with Huke) was able to do 2 things: challenge optic and lose to worst teams. I don't want to say that this happens just because os this guy, but everytime he moves team someone put a list here on why X player is better than him, but yet after some time he's always on the "new team to watch".

Always the padawan, never the Jedi.

• Upvote (+1) 5

lmao. Online scrim (PRACTICE) results have never been representative of anything meaningful in any competitive game at any point.

That's not really true. Teams that get beat regularly online tend to not do so well at LAN (competitive state) as well.

• Upvote (+1) 4

i bet optic will be really good at slayer since it's on LAN  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not so sure. They've only just started scrimming after a pretty damn long break. I'm still not gonna say another team is a particularly big threat to OG. They're normall on a higher plane than most planes, but Worlds puts them in a different stratosphere. They're the Golden State Warriors of Halo

That said, LG has been looking really good.

While I do agree with you on most points there, I think this OG Halo team is better at halo than the GSW are at basketball. This OpTic team has yet to lose the big one, whereas LeBron stole one from GS. 

I could be wrong here but I think towards the end of H3 there was a strong correlation between performance at the 6 team LANs (TLN) and tournament placings.

To your point though, TLN wasn't 'online' and is drastically different than online practice, so I'm not really arguing anything.

I'm still withholding my judgment on Luminosity for two reasons.

1) I mentioned LG features a lot of slower players, and that I think that will haunt them -- so far, it hasn't, but when you consider the rust of the teams taking a 1-2 month break after Denver as well as adjusting to new teammates, the slower playstyle can be advantageous for capitalizing on poor timing of the teams shaking off the rust/getting used to new teammates.  I expect LG to slowly dwindle rather than build, but I would be happy to be proven wrong.

2) I have a lot of faith in LAN iterations of Splyce, OpTic, and Reciprocity.

I'm not surprised Luminosity have stayed in the "Definite Top 4 above the rest of the teams" -- I am surprised they're currently performing as the best team.  I think they'll likely be 3rd at the first LAN we get, but if they can continue their performance all the way up to LAN time, I'll likely change my prediction then.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's not really true. Teams that get beat regularly online tend to not do so well at LAN (competitive state) as well.

What about the 2017 world's Str8 Rippin lineup? They were hot garbage online and managed to get two top 4 finishes during the season.

What about the 2017 world's Str8 Rippin lineup? They were hot garbage online and managed to get two top 4 finishes during the season.

The 2016 world's Denial and the 2016 fall season Allegiance roster could be added in this category too.