CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you honestly believe that if REQ sales didn't meet expectations, they wouldn't have released expected content for their prized IP? Not a chance in hell.

Edit:*planned content

That's irrelevant.

Without the req system the content either wouldn't exist or it would have been part of paid map packs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did nV leave Halo?

Mikwen said Nv wanted them to stay but they decide to switch orgs. Nv might stay if they can get their hands on a good team.

Halo5 doesnt have predatory microtransactions. It's one of the fairest in al of video games. You can get everything by just playing

I disagree but, the relation wasn't that it was predatory it was that there was other more important things to have finished working on first. Charging someone full price for a game you'll finish later but go ahead and buy a helmet if you want isn't a thing I wanted in a halo game.

As for it being predatory it isn't Star Wars bad by any means but you if its luck based there will always be some predatory part to it. If I can buy a skin or play long enough to unlock it that's a separate issue and one that would absolutely change my perception of its lootbox system. That being said my original point of having all that in place but waiting a year and a half or however long before you start testing assault for example is absurd to me. Further backed by the fact that since launch Halo 5 is now around 100gbs of 343s passion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's irrelevant.

Without the req system the content either wouldn't exist or it would have been part of paid map packs.

You don't know that for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can get everything in Star Wars Battlefront 2 by just playing. Doesn't make it any less shit.

Halo 5's microtransactions are shit. They are intentionally flooded with garbage armour and stuff to pad out the numbers to increase the grind to higher levels. Hell, if you don't play Warzone 80% of the stuff you will get is useless. There are no options for actual, sensible unlocks. Everything is random. Its incredibly similar to SWBF2, minus the OTT grind.

The req system is shit and a massive step back from what we've had previously. Just because its slightly less bad than the worse example of microtransactions in a Triple AAA title doesn't mean its good.

Hey fuck you man, Chiron with shotguns and rockets is fun.

Can't have fun on these shitty maps...

Overgrowth

Statis

Torque

Riptide

Most of the shittiest Halo maps are in Halo 5. And they are post launch free content.

you forgot molten

• Upvote (+1) 2

Mikwen said Nv wanted them to stay but they decide to switch orgs. Nv might stay if they can get their hands on a good team.

I hope they do stay. Halo needs all the help it can get with its viewership.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's irrelevant.

The only irrelevant thing here is the REQ system's contribution to Microsoft's invested interest to keep Halo going. The free dlc is just a convenient excuse.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The only irrelevant thing here is the REQ system's contribution to Microsoft's invested interest to keep Halo going. The free dlc is just a convenient excuse.

Imagine if it were actual "free," additional DLC instead of a "free" patches and you could simply choose to not have that complete garbage taking up space on your hard drive. It's almost impressive how bad their post-launch maps were.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The cartographers have already said that when they visited 343 before launch they saw many of the dlc maps already finished. Overgrowth, Stasis. So on.

Exactly. This content was already made or on the way.

They were in the wake of the MCC disaster and knew that the franchise could not sustain anymore bad PR. They didn't give us free dlc because they wanted to, but because they had to. We all know for a fact Halo 5 would not survive under a paid dlc model, and MS and 343 knew it too.

In comes the free dlc plan complete with a public view of what content is coming, and when. Alongside with it, a no upper limit microtransaction system that masquerades as a community crowd funding engine for said content. Except that content was already paid and planned for by MS/343 as a part of their PR plan to maintain Halo. The Req systems financial success or failure is the true irrelevancy here, because funding shit is not part of its job, exploiting us and feeding off of whales as an infinite money source, is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oddball in H5 is a mess. I know they will never remove sprint but I would like to see them play around with reducing sprint speed. Or recharge times on thrust ect.. Abilities have always been set in stone. 

Imagine if it were actual "free," additional DLC instead of a "free" patches and you could simply choose to not have that complete garbage taking up space on your hard drive. It's almost impressive how bad their post-launch maps were.

Realistically, they are mandatory updates that no one has a choice but to accept. I remember that I could delete map packs I didn't like so I could avoid them entirely. The good ol' days.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I hope they do stay. Halo needs all the help it can get with its viewership.

I'd be really surprised if they stay. The top teams are going to take a little bit to figure out who's going to be the true number 2 team. That team and Optic will likely be the only teams worth keeping for an organization. Everything else is a sunk cost in this competitive scene.

The cartographers have already said that when they visited 343 before launch they saw many of the dlc maps already finished. Overgrowth, Stasis. So on.

What's the cartographer community like? Tight-knit? Do most people hate 343 like we do?

I'd be really surprised if they stay. The top teams are going to take a little bit to figure out who's going to be the true number 2 team. That team and Optic will likely be the only teams worth keeping for an organization. Everything else is a sunk cost in this competitive scene.

What's the cartographer community like? Tight-knit? Do most people hate 343 like we do?

Cartographers don't exist anymore. It's just whoever uny chooses to message on discord. And the sentiment on forgehub towards 343 is similar to here, maybe a bit more light hearted there as is the nature of their forums. Very lax moderation mostly, which is nice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think it's fair to say Molten is a bad map when there are plenty of other maps to call bad.