CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So - who am I seeing in April?

I'll be there, hotel LAN anyone?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Since I never did one, Celebratory Splyce skin giveaway. 8:30 PM tonight. Get your downvotes in.

Long Live MLG.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 57

Step 1. Get back MLG.

Step 2. Get a Better Halo game

Step 3.  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:

Best post I've seen so far I think. I don't wanna argue about NOTHIN'.

Eh, find it hard to believe pros who played the older games will show up just to compete in a game they still don't like. I wouldn't hate it though.

Sitting here talking about 2018 Halo and MLG with Walshy is getting me so excited for next year. Cannot wait to see the production quality and number of teams/spectators. 

I'd be surprised if team attendance rose drastically. Might see a small increase, but I don't expect dozens more teams to sign up. Spectators might see a little bit of an increase in person though because of how great MLG events look to be in-person.

This calls for the celebratory Goldenboy gif

Kr423r.gif

How did it take this long for someone to throw this GIF out for this announcement?

Happy for all the current gen halo fans here. Hope 2k18 is h5's year

Hope 2k18 is the year they announce and produce a good Halo game. Halo 5 is ass.

maybe we can finally get a final boss hoodie for christmas

I NEED THIS. Where the fuck did the MLG gear shop go?!

If you think that settings changes that change the core mechanics of the game from default are even remotely possible, you are out of your mind.  Given that, the settings we have now are pretty good.  Map layouts could be tweaked of course but the magnum is back, a couple of the worst gametypes have been stripped out, no auto's etc etc.

Changing some settings that are actually on the table for change wont bring players back in droves.  MLG won't either.  But what they will do is give a shit about the product.  Their events are actually EVENTS.  Their production is top notch.  When shit does go wrong (because it will go wrong) they'll know how to fix it.  Thats the advantage, and none if it has to do with settings.

It's a shame that stuff like that is off the table because this game really is just horrendous with the mechanics that exist and the sandbox that exists, not to mention the maps and gametypes. It had a ton of potential as a game but went right to shit from the development standpoint and management standpoint. I like that you have common sense and rational thought though - everyone is so excited saying we back, we back and we're not. I love MLG as much as anyone else, and I'm pumped that they decided to pick up Halo again for the reasons you mention - their events are incredible and look like they are amazing experiences - they really know how to dress something up and make it even more enjoyable. The problem is the game is brutal and this won't change the overall player base and won't randomly entice players who quit because of the game to play again. However, it might lay the groundwork for them to return in the future if the next game isn't total shit. As you said though, they (MLG) do a great job at mitigating issues when they come up and are amazing with their showmanship and production. Looking forward to see what they do with their events, even though the game is what it is.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The meltdown that will happen when the new TO ,that is definitely not MLG, is announced will be epic.

Ha, eat a dick past me.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

am i posting too many tweets? LOL 

I don't have twitter, so I appreciate it

• Upvote (+1) 4

Time to crowdfund a lot of tequila.

Let's do this TB.

I would definitely put in some money, maybe TB could set up an official Gofundme or something?  idk

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its unhealthy how excited i am right now

I may have shed a manly tear from being overwhelmed with nostalgia and I'm happy we're going home =].

Since I never did one, Celebratory Splyce skin giveaway. 8:30 PM tonight. Get your downvotes in.

Long Live MLG.

Maybe I'm wrong, but weren't you supposed to get a name change if it was MLG?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you think that settings changes that change the core mechanics of the game from default are even remotely possible, you are out of your mind.  Given that, the settings we have now are pretty good.  Map layouts could be tweaked of course but the magnum is back, a couple of the worst gametypes have been stripped out, no auto's etc etc.

Changing some settings that are actually on the table for change wont bring players back in droves.  MLG won't either.  But what they will do is give a shit about the product.  Their events are actually EVENTS.  Their production is top notch.  When shit does go wrong (because it will go wrong) they'll know how to fix it.  Thats the advantage, and none if it has to do with settings.

You sure are touchy when it comes to settings for H5. Changes to settings that are actually on the table is exactly what I'm talking about.  You're arguing for my viewpoint right there. Core mechanics of H5 can be changed from within the in-game settings, it has been done with little to no effort. Same as MLG did for H2 and H3. If you are happy with settings that are "pretty good," then more power to you. However, I am not and I think there are many people who feel the same.

I don't need a lecture on why MLG is a top tier TO.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Kiss ass

Let me know if you need ur PUBG stuff casting.

I can work for any TO, on any event, in any country.

Just saying.

Kiss ass.

• Upvote (+1) 6