CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

In fact, 343 never "took matters into their own hands".  All they did was switch from the top-tier tournament organizer to lower-tier organizers.

I'd say they did take it into their own hands. And it failed. Like saying you'll hold something, not realize it's too heavy for you, and dropping it.

I honestly can't even imagine the meltdown if it ends up not being MLG. I can't wait.

I'll be more happy when it's MLG, and they take over settings.

If they don't take over settings it isn't going to be that great unfortunately, no matter what MLG can bring production wise. The game and settings are beyond bad.

Do the other mlg games have dev settings?

I doubt they have control over any settings to be honest, but at least CoD changes the base gameplay somewhat with weapon/streak bans. On top of that, they also allow map vetoes that MLG has included. Anything to help shake gameplay up.

If its not MLG at this point, just bury the Halo scene. Its dead.

It's been dead for a while, MLG would attempt to dig it up out of the grave and bring it back to life.

All  you memelords better get your non-mlg memes ready.

Have to be prepared just in case. 

Today is our judgement day boys. We either go on fighting the good fight for another year with MLG, or even more players leave the game to never return.

Such a sad but likely accurate prediction.

Numbers dictate too much in this day and age, never judge a game by its viewership or community.

If you build it, they will come. Halo holds a special place in peoples hearts and with the right treatment it will be fine. If the core community and players are getting what they deserve that's what matters most imo.

Edit - dont kill the vibe, let it take you away!

Love your enthusiasm, but this community and player base deserves an actually good and fun Halo game. 

Been playing Halo since CE.  I consider myself to be a part of the core community.  We have not gotten anything close to what we deserve. 

I guess we deserve ODDBALL 3 years after the fact?  We deserve a shit game.  Or maybe the pro teams deserve to play in dilapidated tents.

The series and it's community deserves much, much, much, much, much, much, much better. So what if MLG orchestrates the competitive community?  

Does nothing for the non-pro community.  We're still stuck with a shit game and shit developers. I guess we deserve that though.   

Finally, some rational sense. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Just wanted to take a moment and thanks everyone for sticking around these last few years, we know there have been some issues out of our control - but you guys stuck around and made the best of tons of posts and memes :simms:

d3bb6316-5178-4256-8772-b44b92cff78d.gif

Now onto the news! :fire: 

Just fix MCC already 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Today is weird. I'm happy for the announcement but I'm also aggravated Net Neutrality is STILL trying to get repealed in the US. I feel like it's been going on for a decade, and even as a Canadian I know that if the US loses it it affects all of us.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just fix MCC already 

Everyone on staff is continuing to work hard throughout each and every holiday to make MCC as successful as it possibly can be. As we continue - we thank you for your continued patienceTM.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Maybe I missed something, but do we just wait for this announcement to get posted to Waypoint or is it livestreamed or what?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I missed something, but do we just wait for this announcement to get posted to Waypoint or is it livestreamed or what?

Blog post and accompanying video, then at 3 PM PST they're doing a livestream where Tashi will be on briefly to discuss it. I don't think there's new information in the stream, just relaying the same stuff again and maybe a bit of Q and A.

They said that at :47 which means their announcement comes out after 11 am pst :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1