CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Numbers dictate too much in this day and age, never judge a game by its viewership or community.

If you build it, they will come. Halo holds a special place in peoples hearts and with the right treatment it will be fine. If the core community and players are getting what they deserve that's what matters most imo.

Edit - dont kill the vibe, let it take you away!

We love you Simms, hope you're still involved when MLG runs the show.

We love you Simms, hope you're still involved when MLG runs the show.

He mentioned that even if he stays with ESL he can still cast or something like that a fwe months ago.

If the core community and players are getting what they deserve that's what matters most imo.

Been playing Halo since CE.  I consider myself to be a part of the core community.  We have not gotten anything close to what we deserve. 

I guess we deserve ODDBALL 3 years after the fact?  We deserve a shit game.  Or maybe the pro teams deserve to play in dilapidated tents.

The series and it's community deserves much, much, much, much, much, much, much better. So what if MLG orchestrates the competitive community?  

Does nothing for the non-pro community.  We're still stuck with a shit game and shit developers. I guess we deserve that though.   

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Been playing Halo since CE.  I consider myself to be a part of the core community.  We have not gotten anything close to what we deserve. 

I guess we deserve ODDBALL 3 years after the fact?  We deserve a shit game.  Or maybe the pro teams deserve to play in dilapidated tents.

The series and it's community deserves much, much, much, much, much, much, much better. So what if MLG orchestrates the competitive community?  

Does nothing for the non-pro community.  We're still stuck with a shit game and shit developers. I guess we deserve that though.   

can you just live in the moment for one fucking second. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

can you just live in the moment for one fucking second. 

Even with all the Roses that is MLG, Halo is still shit right now.  And the roses aren't going to mask the smell. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I can see the spam now of everyone posting the Waypoint link to soak in the sweet rep.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even with all the Roses that is MLG, Halo is still shit right now.  And the roses aren't going to mask the smell. 

Sure, but you have 364 days to be negative. Just try to enjoy what's happening :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even with all the Roses that is MLG, Halo is still shit right now. And the roses aren't going to mask the smell.

I disagree, roses smell delightful, girls love them, girls love MLG, we love halo. I think this announcement changes everything.

and? He's just a paid community guy. A lot has changed in 3 years. 

Nothing has changed.

The only successful HCS events were Worlds 2016 and X-Games.  Both with MLG involvement.

In fact, 343 never "took matters into their own hands".  All they did was switch from the top-tier tournament organizer to lower-tier organizers.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Sure, but you have 364 days to be negative. Just try to enjoy what's happening :)

I refuse to get my hopes up for Halo until the game is fixed. I have been burned too many times. Who wants to watch a game that isn't even fun to play? I don't get it. Unless you watch for the drama alone.
  • Upvote (+1) 2