CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How big is it on an X?

Don’t remember exact, but I think only 1 extra GB. I’m maybe mixing it up with some other game. I wanted to say 3,4 GB first.

That moment when you realize that games like Skyrim and Reach were able to fit on a single dvd disc.

Restrictions force creativity.

slight tangent but i think that's the major reason why episode 4-6 were good was because lucas had to reign in his scatter-brained creativity for the technology at the time.  Episode 1-3 he could basically do whatever he wanted without a second thought and they were total messes.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I find it odd that he says "pull people away from working on the future project."

Why not say Halo 6?

Are we even sure 343 is making a "Halo" game at this point? 

Because Halo 6 hasn't been announced yet and announcing the title "Halo 6" in a reddit post would be the strangest decision ever.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Personally, these settings changes seem a bit empty to me compared to previous seasonal updates, at least those were more substantial (but it was mostly just nerfing/removing everything). Feels like there is so much discussion that has been had about Halo 5's sandbox, gametypes, map layouts, etc. and we're just tweaking minor imbalances rather than really trying to innovate and improve competitive nature of the game.

Ability tracker, map pool, Magnum starts, fun/skillful movement, etc. -> badass

Gametype rules, weapon spawns/times, map layouts, overtime rules, sandbox balance, etc. -> never iterated upon drastically

That's funny, I honestly didn't even think about overtime and sandbox changes because I haven't liked the changes so far (sandbox) or I fighred changes would never happen.

You're right though, I would definitely be down for some more change. I think I may be in the minority when I say I'm fine with the way map/weapon layouts are (maybe less weapon clutter), but some spawn changes would be welcome.

Because Halo 6 hasn't been announced yet and announcing the title "Halo 6" in a reddit post would be the strangest decision ever.

So why not say the next installment of Halo? Or future Halo project?

Its an example of 343 being vague when there is absolutely no reason to be. That's what is strange. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

wow thanks for that amazing reminder

It's a completely ridiculous size, especially for those with early Xbox One consoles or poor internet. The amount of times that I've wanted to uninstall H5 but didn't for fear of having to install it again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So why not say the next installment of Halo? Or future Halo project?

Its an example of 343 being vague when there is absolutely no reason to be. That's what is strange.

There's also absolutely no reason to state "future Halo project" rather than "future project". We already know they're working on a Halo title because they are literally the Halo company. It makes no difference saying one or the other.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Because in the corporate world you're literally not allowed to say anything.

TECHNICALLY when I was at Treyarch I wasn't even supposed to say I was working on Call of Duty, they got mad when I listed "current cod project" on my resume. Now reads "future unannounced Treyarch title".

Nah, I get that. Treyarch also has worked on games outside of the COD umbrella. IDK if they currently have anything in development but if they do that makes sense they wouldn't want anyone in the company stating what they are working on.

There's also absolutely no reason to state "future Halo project" rather than "future project". We already know they're working on a Halo title because they are literally the Halo company. It makes no difference saying one or the other.

There is also no reason not to. It just struck me as odd that the Halo company won't say they are working on a Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unless you are searching really hard for something to shit on and can't see the forest through the trees.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How big is it on an X?

The same size...? I highly doubt they have two versions of the binaries. That becomes a nightmare to maintain from a software standpoint. You always make one executable that runs on both, but with separate hardware configuration initialization. I would expect them to be the exact same size. But leave it to 343 to surprise me. They always do.

edit: I guess making a separate version would make sense to prevent X1 users from having to download hi res X1X textures.

Someone needs to run compactGUI on halo 5 PC for science

edit: well I tried

QYagqCH.png

I feel your pain. The Windows store is horrendous. And the improvements to it are so slow to release. At least they added an option for what hard driver to install to.

The same size...? I highly doubt they have two versions of the binaries. That becomes a nightmare to maintain from a software standpoint. You always make one executable that runs on both, but with separate hardware configuration initialization. I would expect them to be the exact same size. But leave it to 343 to surprise me. They always do.

Was talking about game size, not the size of the executable(which should be around <5MB). Game size includes textures, meshes, audio files, etc. The X version should have, for example, higher res textures than those installed on a regular XBONE & S.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel your pain. The Windows store is horrendous. And the improvements to it are so slow to release. At least they added an option for what hard driver to install to.

Xbox does have "intelligent delivery" as an option now so that in the future you will be able to pick to only install one language pack for example.  I was hoping that they would implement that for the last H5 update, but alas...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Restrictions force creativity.

slight tangent but i think that's the major reason why episode 4-6 were good was because lucas had to reign in his scatter-brained creativity for the technology at the time.  Episode 1-3 he could basically do whatever he wanted without a second thought and they were total messes.

it helped that lucas had people reigning in his ideas and trying to keep him on time/budget. it would help if 343 hired some people who loved the original halos to keep them honest.

off topic but related to star wars. lucas thought the original star wars was going to bomb and lose out to speilberg's close encounters of a third kind. he even bet speilberg 2.5% of what stars made because he was so confident that star wars would flop

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/113292/20151207/bet-george-lucas-nabbed-steven-spielberg-2-5-star-wars.htm

• Upvote (+1) 1

Arent the games these day as big as they are since devs dont bother compressing any more?

The disks/dvd you buy dont even have the game on them most of the time.

Arent the games these day as big as they are since devs dont bother compressing any more?

The disks/dvd you buy dont even have the game on them most of the time.

I don’t buy games on disk anymore for that reason. And the fact that I’m not going to get any return on those games if I decided to sell them anyways.