CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If they really are going with ugc over mlg, i would love to hear the reasoning behind it. Ugc had a fantastic non-hcs event but their hcs event was awful. I dont know how i feel about it. I dont want another year of subpar events

I think people are reading way too far into it.

The UGC tweet was a vague teaser trailer, with announcements coming later. Doubtful they would be running NA HCS (imo). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regarding what Menke said: " There was a recent reddit post where I corrected a math mistake resulting in the number 150k, which has since been misquoted as an estimate for how many players we see across a ranking season. That number has absolutely nothing to do with our current population, and is, in fact, a small fraction compared to what we see in just a month, let alone an entire season."

I believe him. 150k people per month =/= 150k concurrent players.

You can tell me 150k people play Halo 5 at least once per month, absolutely. However, you can't ever convince me there's 150k people playing Halo 5 every day.  :stern: Specially when the game is in Game Pass and any scrub can log in and play for like 2 minutes and then log off... lol

Let's not forget 343i/Microsoft also include any profile/user/xbox live member that logs into Halo 5, so to be honest, those numbers are realistic.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At this point with how long the announcement has been delayed, I'm about 95% sure that MLG will have some involvement in 2018.  Maybe not solely running every event, but more than likely contracting some smaller tournaments to lower-scale TOs like UGC and sending small MLG teams and reps to the events to help facilitate.  But I bet that at least Worlds will be MLG, as well as possibly season finals events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Joe is 100% sitting on a bag of Intel.

I think people are reading way too far into it.

The UGC tweet was a vague teaser trailer, with announcements coming later. Doubtful they would be running NA HCS (imo).

ezgif-5-47124f5c0e.gif
  • Upvote (+1) 7

So when should I start campaigning to get my old Major League Gaming gig back? 

When you've casted more than @@W0uld

• Upvote (+1) 6

UGC ran a good event almost 3 years ago and is still living off that good will.

They don't even have their own production team. There is absolutely no way that 343 is making them the TO unless Microsoft is buying them out, which makes even less sense. There are a ton of other TO's with a better infrastructure they could buy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As long as the structure is good, I really don’t care. MLG is preferred at this point but if another TO can be on par with them, cool. No matter what, LANs are going to be run MUCH more smoothly with less downtime now that Local Server is a thing so that’s a definite plus

• Upvote (+1) 2

UGC ran a good event almost 3 years ago and is still living off that good will.

to be fair i went to a UGC lan in april and it was great

MLG and Halo is like HIV and T-Cells - they just belong together. Nothing can create hype like MLG and Halo. 

UGC had 3 streams, at unsanctioned events, when 343 and friends were struggling to keep 1 up.

Id prefer MLG, but UGC St Louis remains one of my favorite events. I know they've dropped the ball down the road, but I think they've got it in them.

I'm interested in whatever esports services they've built up.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All we have to do is ask?

Lets just ask every TO aside from MLG and if they all say they aren't doing Halo, then :intel: :intel: :intel:

You can ask when you worked with them for a year producing and hosting a live HCS news show every week from their studio. Ya, I just asked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn, a team owner acting like that? What a waste.

I'm sorry but I hate this org. I can't stand them. They're a huge shadow over every esports scene they're a part of. So glad they're not in Halo anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You can ask when you worked with them for a year producing and hosting a live HCS news show every week from their studio. Ya, I just asked.

It might be quicker if I tried to get a job at ESL for a year producing and hosting a live HCS news show every week from their studio rather than waiting for this announcement.

• Upvote (+1) 5