CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

its crazy how quickly these games are left behind. from h1z1 to pubg to fortnite. i wonder how quickly something else will take the throne and the validity of battle royale games as an esport when the player base isnt very stable long term

It'll be when Blizzard releases a game where, instead of playing humans, you play as demonic cows fighting over various melee and ranged weapons in a giant open farmland, battling to be the last cow standing: The Cow King.

They shall call it

Diablo: Cattle Royale.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So it looks like UGC then. 

"As a forward-thinking company, we will no longer be dishing out prize money"

Complete at the Halo World Championships for 1,000,000 Cables!

edit: Holy smokes I just realised UGC are going to be hosting the HWC. I seriously hope they're ready for such a step up.

UGC has always done good work from what I've seen, excited for them and their team.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not meaning to make any definitive statement - just what it looks like is happening to me. Sure Doc's pulling monster numbers, but he's also doing it while talking about how trash he thinks PUBG is. I think both titles are at a pivotal point, but are different enough experiences to both be successful over time. 

PUBG is continuously pulling more than 1 million concurrent players, and its average daily players has only continued to grow. Combine that with the Xbox release (which, from what I've seen, has had mostly positive remarks) and 1.0 on the 20th, I really don't see it slowing down.

Man I wish we had some news...

Thousands of cables...

Joe is 100% sitting on a bag of Intel.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I was really hoping that those rumors of UGC being the TO were a joke...but it's won't surprise me one bit if 343 ignores the community and picks another bottom of the barrel TO.

Because "they know better" then we do apparently...

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

God I was really hoping that those rumors of UGC being the TO were a joke...but it's not suprising to me that 343 ignores the community and picks another bottom of the barrel TO.

Dude have you seen their Gears event this year? If yes, you wouldn't call that bottom barrel.

• Upvote (+1) 2

PUBG is continuously pulling more than 1 million concurrent players, and its average daily players has only continued to grow. Combine that with the Xbox release (which, from what I've seen, has had mostly positive remarks) and 1.0 on the 20th, I really don't see it slowing down.

1 million chinese farmers you mean, when china is sleeping the game is dead :walshy:

nvP3GYg.png

I don't know if UGC is the TO but I do know they have been working on that idea for a while. The timing of the announcement may just be a coincidence. Also, they more than likely used a lot of Halo and Smash footage because it was their own footage from the Halo and Smash events they held. 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

He says the H5 population is better than 150k a month and is "In great shape". Also, shows the ranking of playlist population.

On another note for those who didn't read, he also will be leaving for the holidays, so don't expect another update until after NYE.

I some someone post  :simms: just on its own and was thought for a second that a tweet regarding MLG being the new TO just hadn't loaded in yet. 

Please stop playing with my emotions 

1 million chinese farmers you mean, when china is sleeping the game is dead :walshy:

nvP3GYg.png

They broke the farming, that doesn't really happen like it was. Apparently being the most played game on steam at basically any given time these days is considered dead. Not to mention a lot of people will be playing the test servers right now, because it's far more polished than the live version.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They broke the farming, that doesn't really happen like it was. Apparently being the most played game on steam at basically any given time these days is considered dead. Not to mention a lot of people will be playing the test servers right now, because it's far more polished than the live version.

lol no, farming will be there forever, and the other 1.5 million players aren't in the test servers

FcAGtVD.png

When china is sleeping the game drops more than 70% of the playerbase

9mWijnO.png

XD5fslj.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they really are going with ugc over mlg, i would love to hear the reasoning behind it. Ugc had a fantastic non-hcs event but their hcs event was awful. I dont know how i feel about it. I dont want another year of subpar events

• Upvote (+1) 2