CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I guess you didn't watch the Deamhack Atlanta's Optic vs Splyce finals.

I WAS there watching those finals.

Excellent event thrown by MLG despite the bomb threats, now...if another game I like also had MLG as the TO.... :mj:

Excellent event thrown by MLG despite the bomb threats, now...if another game I like also had MLG as the TO.... :mj:

Which one? 

Why is 343 doing everything they can to destroy what's left of the Halo competitive scene? At this point, even MLG can't save us.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As a casual shooter that makes everyone feel like a bad-ass through extremely tight audio/visual feedback, a highly compressed shooting skill-gap, linear maps that funnel players into each other's sights, and multiple overlapping reward systems, it's obviously very competent. Are you trying to say that, because it's the most popular (console) FPS game on the planet, spraying 4 bullets anywhere on the body with analogue sticks, aim assist, and nice, big trade windows fosters a compelling shooting skill gap? And I suppose those analogue stick turning speeds, 60 FOV, and simplistic, 3 lane maps create deep, positional game play? Add looking up in the air and throwing grenades across the map for random kills and some kill-streaks and you have a winning formula.

It is popular precisely because it is one of the shallowest FPS games on the market, which allows it to offer one of the shortest, easiest paths to a gaming endorphin rush available. In that context, it is obviously well designed and an extremely successful product. I apologize if that offends you. MLG's contributions to the CoD scene and league are extremely high quality and deserving of success.

Great post.

Meanwhile, on the front page of reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/7iykmw/_/

See this is what annoys me. Halo on the front page of Reddit is not a rare thing AT ALL. It's literally a cultural phenomenon. Its references and memorabilia in popular culture is something which will go on for many years. But its popularity has crashed into the ground (which I wont get into now)

The point is, with all Halo's publicity - it has POTENTIAL. And that potential is absolutely huge. Its a shame that it cant be unlocked yet.. Need more REQ points

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Great post.

See this is what annoys me. Halo on the front page of Reddit is not a rare thing AT ALL. It's literally a cultural phenomenon. Its references and memorabilia in popular culture is something which will go on for many years. But its popularity has crashed into the ground (which I wont get into now)

The point is, with all Halo's publicity - it has POTENTIAL. And that potential is absolutely huge. Its a shame that it cant be unlocked yet.. Need more REQ points

:wutface:

UP VOTING FOR REQ POINTS

• Upvote (+1) 1

The "Call of Duty isn't as competitive as Halo" shit is so goddamn laughable when our last three original titles were Halo: Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5.

Get your heads out of your asses boys.

Halo at its lowest still has a bigger skillgap than almost every COD game.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At this point why are we even "heads down" trying to work out a TO when less than a couple 100 people actually care? God I'm depressed. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Halo at its lowest still has a bigger skillgap than almost every COD game.

Even Infinity slayer with random Incinerator drops ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those still wondering about the TL announcement, I am told it will be released on the 15th.

Actual hard date this time.  Shouldn't be any more hiccups or hurdles to delay it.

Ah, a set date for disappointment. They had a good run.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are we assuming that they want to get the oddball maps/settings figured out so they can announce those at the same time as the rest of the Worlds info?

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those still wondering about the TL announcement, I am told it will be released on the 15th.

Actual hard date this time.  Shouldn't be any more hiccups or hurdles to delay it.

Liquid's announcement of an announcement  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 3

We are not holding HaloWC announcements for settings announcements. HaloWC announcements coming asap.

Sooon :kappa:

I hope the announcement is worth the waiting in all seriousness.

I'm feeling more confident about what we have lined up than ever before with HCS.

Never been more fired up to do something in my life. We got this.

:intel: ?

jk, i am really anxious to hear what's coming though. i'm nervous and excited for the future

I'm feeling more confident about what we have lined up than ever before with HCS.

:prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:

Tashi be like:

• Upvote (+1) 4

We are not holding HaloWC announcements for settings announcements. HaloWC announcements coming asap.

ASAP has been the keyword for months now  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1