CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I really hate when people really confuse subject and objective. Subjectively a lot of hardcore FPS players would say CoD isn't really that amazing to them and quite a few million more people would say the opposite. However by pretty much every objective measurement CoD is doing amazingly well and they should be quite pleased with the product.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Tashi has been ignoring the community all week. If we don't get an announcement next week someone from the HCS team needs to resign.

I don't think a single person in the last few pages has compared Halo to CoD.

The only mentions of them both have been you and Cyren complaining about people comparing them...

It's like this every time an event goes on when it isn't Halo, sure people may not do the 1 on 1 compassion but a lot of the time it's pretty obvious where the intentions are coming from.

In the end, if you don't like a game fine - but to take time and do drive-by posts why you feel it's bad is just crass.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I hope they get everything resolved this time so they can continue the tournament. Assholes have to ruin everything.

Yes? Are you really trying to say the most popular FPS game on the planet does not have good gameplay? That truly is hilarious.

We are all salty it's not Halo, I hope you understand. All respect to both Cod game and the esports scene even if I am not a fan of the gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fair enough, perhaps there are some implicit comparisons.

That said, is there anything wrong with that? I mean, the purpose of this thread is to discuss Halo. I've seen a number of posts comparing the CoD scene favouribly to Halo over the last couple of days. Why is it that when people compare Halo favouribly you consider it crass?

If you want to have a big discussion about it, my PM box is always open to discuss topics like these.

With that said, my quick take on it: It doesn't matter if it's League of Legends, CoD, Halo, Peggle 2, etc - If it's a competitive game people enjoy, there's no point to keep knocking it if it isn't your cup of tea. I could care less if it's high or low skill-gap, people enjoy different things within entertainment.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just got a few texts from @@Clicked and he's at the event, it's pretty serious again. As always, please avoid immature jokes about this subject.

• Upvote (+1) 2

at their highest form of comp settings, cod and halo have completely different emphasis on different skils so it's apples to oranges. and the idea that cod's gameplay is shallow when it's not far removed from CS (outsides of obvious differences via console vs pc ie aiming) is laughable. there is a reason only formal, enable and huke have enjoyed top tier results in both titles.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I really feel for @@Clap and the MLG staff. So much work only to have another evacuation. That's awful :(

at their highest form of comp settings, cod and halo have completely different emphasis on different skils so it's apples to oranges. and the idea that cod's gameplay is shallow when it's not far removed from CS (outsides of obvious differences via console vs pc ie aiming) is laughable. there is a reason only formal, enable and huke have enjoyed top tier results in both titles.

Yikes. Please do not even think cod is am where near CS in terms of gameplay.
  • Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The "Call of Duty isn't as competitive as Halo" shit is so goddamn laughable when our last three original titles were Halo: Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5.

Get your heads out of your asses boys.

I used to be on the "COD is easy" train.

And then Black Ops 2 dropped. 

After I got body bagged in league play a few times and improved it felt like H2/H3. High level competitors everywhere, crazy LAN events, crazy moments (Remember the OpTiC Van) - that game changed my outlook on COD eSports personally. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

We are all salty it's not Halo, I hope you understand. All respect to both Cod game and the esports scene even if I am not a fan of the gameplay.

It would be the equivalent if they were only using automatic weapons in competitive Halo. Theres something about holding the trigger down thats not hard to me. The rotation and awareness is insane but theyre not really timing their shots or going for headshots. Even the sniper is a one shot kill above the waist.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sorry for being off the grid a bit but I've been heads down (alongside the entire team) wrapping everything up. We are really f'ing close. Also, choosing to ignore your second sentence. :]

Hey, big fan here, can I get an autograph next event?

Yikes. Please do not even think cod is am where near CS in terms of gameplay.

i mean from someone who casually follows both, the only glaring differences are that cod has a couple of different gametypes and it doesnt have round economy. after that the biggest reason people will rag on cod is that the competitive scene is on console. i feel cod will always have that nooby rep bc it is associated with 12 years olds yelling at you

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sorry for being off the grid a bit but I've been heads down (alongside the entire team) wrapping everything up. We are really f'ing close. Also, choosing to ignore your second sentence. :]

so we ARE getting an announcement next week?