CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey guys, sorry for being so inactive lately. Things have been crazy. I got engaged and then I had to move to my new place and I feel like I haven't had any time to breathe lol. Anyway, happy to be back! Here are a couple pics of me proposing to my girl if you guys are interested:

Side note: I keep using up all of my daily downvotes on Oriiii dammit.

Why is there a stalker talking pics of your engagement? 

Congrats dude! :P

• Upvote (+1) 5

i think a major settings overhaul would have made a massive difference early in halo 5's lifecycle. at this point though? not so much. i doubt people are going to rebuy this game or an xbox because sprint was removed 2 years later. part of the success of nbns reach at mlg was the fact that mlg kept pumping out high quality tournaments, keeping a hundred teams interested and hit a huge marketing push to pull another hundred. we dont have that kind of retention or marketing reach in the competitive scene to hope for a revival like that

Thats not why the mlg playlist population rose by 5-10x

You guys seriously over complicate this stuff.

Fortnite hits xbox. Its janky. Its cartoony. Its f2p. Etc etc.

Is the gameplay fun? Yes. Boom. #1 game on xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The ZBNS Reach final event was unbelievable. The crowd was honestly spectacular, blew away every other game in the venue. This was at a time when SC2 was all the rage, and the SC2 guys kept wondering what the heck was going on that the Halo side kept making so much racket.

Columbus 2012 was on another level. The hype was incredible. Greatest Halo related memory for me was that weekend. (Coincidentally, that was the last live event I went to).

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes. And the settings were at the very heart of this.

The settings improved. We got we wanted. People knew they had to show up and show that if good, halo gameplay was provided people would support it.

Which they did.

You're not wrong here. That said, I'm not sure how much you've actually read these forums. 99% of people here want sprint gone and at least 50% want all of the abilities scrapped too. We agree with you. 

Here's the problem:

Ever here of discouraged workers? They're people who've been looking for a job for so long and haven't found anything, so they eventually just give up. The way I see it, the Halo community (Or at least, TB) is in a similar position. We have pushed as hard as we can against the changes to our game and nothing has come of it. We've just about come to the conclusion that no matter how much we dislike it, this stuff is pretty much here to stay. We can keep wasting our breath and showing 343 how their new stuff breaks Halo, or we can make do with what we're stuck with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trying to boil everything down to one variable is idiotic.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Whoever ran it after mlg bailed.

Not like the gamee was thriving under mlg either.

If you compare MLG Columbus 2012 (the first NBNS tourney) to any AGL tournament, I think you’ll agree that MLG helped Reach.

What were pro opinions on playing Damnation 4v4? As nice as the map looks visually I can't see this or prisoner working well or even being 1/10th of the fun of CE. I know they added a couple of things to each map to make them play better but I never watched 4v4 on Damny in Reach and it does not look like something I would want.

It needed a 1 minute camo in the worst way. Rockets needed to be moved as well bc they were just bait. Jetpack should have been moved from OS to PP to help break setups.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could see why. What maps/gametypes from H1 anniversary ended up working in competitive reach? I get that Reach was the most popular at that time, and that it was being supported and stuff but it amazes me how the majority of Halo pros haven't touched and have no desire to touch Halo CE, but this was something willingly looked forward to and played. I wonder if any of that is attributed to how anniversary played.

/mini rant.

Beaver Creek TS and especially KotH were fucking excellent. Rockets moved to bottom mid helped alleviate Red’s advantage too.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's kinda baffling here that some people think we need multiple TO's if MLG is running things like every recent Halo 5 event has had some kind of major fuck up going on.

Like as far as I'm concerned if the option is there for MLG to run every event then there's literally no reason to settle for second rate TO's anymore.

As goldenboy pointed out, more TO's means more events. more events means more interest.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As goldenboy pointed out, more TO's means more events. more events means more interest.

Also means competition. Competition in business = very good thing.

Look at Dominos! 

Issa cult

n01kX6L.jpg

Ayee I made the family portrait lets goo. 

I am not defending the problems of the UGC event but Dylen, Austen, Martin as well as the the rest of their crew did a wonderful job running the open side of things and the main stage with few things id like changed for photography purposes :P. Things ran really smooth. Obviously they weren't on the production side of things this event but I just wanted to express that they all did a great job.

Photography criticism: Get rid of the low lit mainstages with harsh blues and reds :) I want this shit to pop with natural face lighting.

Make It to where when they pick up the trophy they move in front of the podium because it ruins pictures and just looks odd with a giant black rectangle in front of them.

We need to make it to where press/media badges are actually useful and difficult to obtain. Its odd to me to see people with Iphones on mainstage haha I was also not allowed to walk around the area with open players were playing so i didn't get many AM shots. Dylen told me next time to just let him know though and he will fix that thats good.

I know my photography wants and needs are not important or anything lol But I consider It a part of overall production in regards to how the event looks and how to display it through media :)

I loved the event though. Except for the lighting on the mainstage for sunday. :ace:

Oh and can we get some confetti shot out of cannons or something

I agree about press passes. It's really easy to get them for Dreamhack events. Mainline ESL events like IEM or an ESL One are harder to get as they should be. Should be a privilege to be press not a way to get a free ticket and special access. 

Hey guys, sorry for being so inactive lately. Things have been crazy. I got engaged and then I had to move to my new place and I feel like I haven't had any time to breathe lol. Anyway, happy to be back! Here are a couple pics of me proposing to my girl if you guys are interested:

Side note: I keep using up all of my daily downvotes on Oriiii dammit.

You're so cute omg. 

I actually disagree with this to an extent.  An event that's perceived badly actually reduces interest, as we've already seen.

Obviously IF events go smoothly, more is better (as long as you don't go the route of something like MLB, where the high overall quantity of games/events devalues them individually).  I'd personally be super happy with LAN events every 6 weeks or so, and weekly or bi-weekly online events in between.

Thats not why the mlg playlist population rose by 5-10x

You guys seriously over complicate this stuff.

Fortnite hits xbox. Its janky. Its cartoony. Its f2p. Etc etc.

Is the gameplay fun? Yes. Boom. #1 game on xbox.

It’s fornite f2p ?

You're not wrong here. That said, I'm not sure how much you've actually read these forums. 99% of people here want sprint gone and at least 50% want all of the abilities scrapped too. We agree with you.

Here's the problem:

Ever here of discouraged workers? They're people who've been looking for a job for so long and haven't found anything, so they eventually just give up. The way I see it, the Halo community (Or at least, TB) is in a similar position. We have pushed as hard as we can against the changes to our game and nothing has come of it. We've just about come to the conclusion that no matter how much we dislike it, this stuff is pretty much here to stay. We can keep wasting our breath and showing 343 how their new stuff breaks Halo, or we can make do with what we're stuck with.

Nothing has come of it?

H5 has a sprint toggle and 343 has admitted they atleast thought about no sprint for 5.

The way I see it is progress was made but now the loudest people in this community just berate anyone who says anything about it. Which causes people who are already disenfranchised to just leave.

I feel like this EXACT same discussion with the same rebuttals and explanations etc with Ori happens multiple times new thread after new thread. You've used the "lipstick on a pig" analogy at least 27 times.

Give it a rest.

But if I find the right shade of pink halo will be saved.

Searching for the legendary "Halo" chant from the crowd at Cbus 12 I found this instead! One of the greatest individual performances during a comeback I've ever witnessed on LAN. Who is this LiL Talent character you might ask? Most of you might know but it is Cntra. The  Reach 1v1 King.

Video is unlisted, but here you go. Chant starts at 2:52 but the whole video is worth watching in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Trying to boil everything down to one variable is idiotic.

As my parents would say:

There are two types of people in this world: Those who say there are two types of people and those that understand things are more complex than binary.

• Upvote (+1) 6

looks like i'm an nV CoD fan now

(no i don't know where the screenshot is from, sry)

Cant wait to see Huke vs Scump and Slasher vs Formal again. 

• Upvote (+1) 2