CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Been a while.  Sup.

Let's not forget that GreenSkull is a huge 343 advocate and has been since 2012.  I support everything that Present and Future Halo professionals are saying on the matter, but I do not support the one who made the video.

• Upvote (+1) 6

this is certainly an interesting time for the Halo community lol, at least it feels a lot more active than the desolate wasteland it felt like during the H4 days

• Upvote (+1) 3

The only data that’s going to make a difference is sales numbers in the end. We can leave all the constructive and nice feedback we want but it comes down to those numbers.

Props to GS for trying, but certainly interesting timing this time around. I hope it’s a start of something.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The only data that’s going to make a difference is sales numbers in the end. We can leave all the constructive and nice feedback we want but it comes down to those numbers.

Props to GS for trying, but certainly interesting timing this time around. I hope it’s a start of something.

You don't think active playerbase or player retention is a factor? 

It hasnt been a factor so far. Why would they start now?

They are giving the game away basically for free with gamepass and you can pick it up for under $20. Now we haven’t seen figures or hard numbers - but it seems like they are on the same path as years back.

I could be wrong and Halo 6 will return to traditional Halo, but we can’t hold our breath for that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I will say, regarding Greenskull, that he definitely used to have a pretty bad opinion toward competitive Halo, but I think as he's been more exposed to competitive Halo I think he's grown to appreciate it and understand our side of things more. Does he agree with everything? Not at all. Is he nothing like in that video anymore? I'd say, yes. 

He came to us because he felt like he could give us a platform we otherwise wouldn't normally have, that was his intention when he spoke to me. Obviously it exposes his youtube to a potentially viral video, but I think his intentions here are pretty good. Just my opinion, I never really knew him before all of this. I met him at the MCC launch and it was one of the first times he was forced into competitive Halo and he said that it surprised him.

You should definitely try to do things like this more often if given the opportunity. You were very articulate and concise in all of your opinions. It was enjoyable to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure why your tweet wasn't embedded :thinking: but the continuation of that tweet are wow.

https://twitter.com/JesseSiao/status/937051208774275072

:huh:

What’s hilarious is that the whole issue of only “hardcore players” keeping track of weapon times could be entirely solved by a power weapon announcement like in H5 (without the weapon indicator). No clue if he still has this same opinion, but it’s idiotic nonetheless.

I feel like the way T2's first tweet read, it would be sure to get the backs up of those that play casually, (that's reflected in some of the comments too). Now more than ever we need to be trying to frame the debate as less about 'casual vs competitive', and more about simplicity, accessibility, balancing, and influence of modern abilities on Map Design and Gameplay. It is too easy for 343 to dismiss comments (and survey results) that are labelled as competitive, because by the very nature of the term we are talking about only a handful of the player base. With Greenskull (and others) seeing things in a new light recently there is a real opportunity to engage more people in the debate, as long as we leave out the 'red flag' terms that get people back up.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't worry guys, he's a changed man since that video years ago!

*8 months ago*

• Upvote (+1) 5