CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Epics support for Fortnite has been insanely great. They just released "state of development v3" which has all their goals for the rest of the year. They even posted technical performance of the servers over time.

343 needs to develop this way of doing things.

Their game isn't even out yet and they're already talking about competitive support, better balancing, a spectator mode, and they're pushing out updates like nobody's business. Seeing the support that games like Fortnite, Overwatch, and R6 are getting is amazing as someone who plays them all, I just wish 343 could take the fucking hint.

Their game isn't even out yet and they're already talking about competitive support, better balancing, a spectator mode, and they're pushing out updates like nobody's business. Seeing the support that games like Fortnite, Overwatch, and R6 are getting is amazing as someone who plays them all, I just wish 343 could take the fucking hint.

Overwatch patched doomfist from what looks like a detailed reddit post. Jeff kaplan is very active with the community and gets the importance of it as a former toxic forum user. We need someone like that but at the same time its too late for h6 and if that game gets delayed a year or more then there is no way h5 can carry the series or the hcs

Let us all weep deeply and profoundly over things 343 Industries will never recreate or understand. 

Fuck man, right in the goddamn feels.

According to Xbox Ones Most popular list (which you can now literally filter by "number of players" if there was any debate) Halo 5 is sitting at #164 for current online players. It's sitting between Naruto Storm 4 and RBI baseball. About 16 spots under MCC.

I'm not sure what to think.

I don't see the option to filter by "number of players?" Can anyone help me out?

• Upvote (+1) 1

According to Xbox Ones Most popular list (which you can now literally filter by "number of players" if there was any debate) Halo 5 is sitting at #164 for current online players. It's sitting between Naruto Storm 4 and RBI baseball. About 16 spots under MCC.

I'm not sure what to think.

To think that any momentum from the RadAR update and dreamhack has been completely wasted makes me so mad. This game could have nicely carried us over to H6, but instead it is almost impossible to find d a game in MM, the export side is a laughing stock, and the community interaction is condescending and arrogant.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Since everyone is posting videos now, what ever happened to that competitive halo doc? I can't remember who was doing that.

Last thing Logan tweeted about it

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember when the first Halo 5 gameplay leaked during an event and the entire community melted down over some grainy ass footage that we didn't know for sure was Halo 5 until someone from 343 tweeted to "not freak out until you see it"?

I feel like we're in the same place, years down the line, and nothing is ever going to change. Whoever is calling the shots for this franchise is way too wrapped up in these weirdly gathered data points to recognize that Halo is garbage now and all of the weight the franchise used to carry is gone. Nobody respects the series. If in some way it comes up in conversation, it's always "oh yeah I used to play the shit out of Halo 2/3," or "I didn't know they still made Halo games." 

I've played Halo for most of my life but whether that continues hinges entirely on whether or not Halo 6 is revealed and has sprint. Whatever else they do the game, most every issue I've had with Halo since 2010 has stemmed from that point. We've seen 3 different iterations of that god forsaken mechanic since 2010 and despite all the D A T A saying otherwise, that shit doesn't work. If we start out knowing that Halo 6 doesn't have it, we can work from there.

I feel like I should have known better when I saw that 240p vid of a guy flying around a bastardized Midship with a bright orange energy sword, but here I am. I loved this game too much growing up to watch 343 butcher it anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Since everyone is posting videos now, what ever happened to that competitive halo doc? I can't remember who was doing that.

You mean the MLG announcement video?

Overwatch patched doomfist from what looks like a detailed reddit post. Jeff kaplan is very active with the community and gets the importance of it as a former toxic forum user. We need someone like that but at the same time its too late for h6 and if that game gets delayed a year or more then there is no way h5 can carry the series or the hcs

They had the perfect opportunity to delay if they made H3A. Hell give yourself some breathing room and have another studio develop H3A while you work on Halo 6.

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be much future planning at work here. Please someone point out if I’m wrong here by the way. I’d like to be proven wrong!

I completely understand it’s not as simple as this post makes it seem but I think it would have been worthwhile (it certainly would have sold well).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Used to play as a tight party: 11

Number still playing: 4

Modern Halo Loss/gain: -7

The "4" still playing is questionable because none of us have played since COD came out.

*btw, the ranked playlist drops today for COD :)

Used to play as a tight party: 11

Number still playing: 4

Modern Halo Loss/gain: -7

The "4" still playing is questionable because none of us have played since COD came out.

*btw, the ranked playlist drops today for COD :)

Oh dang, might play some CoD with ranked coming out until Destiny 2 comes out with their ranked.

"If you just wanna blow off steam and yell or scream about what's frustrating you, by all means do your thing. But if you truly are passionate about the future of a game then we need to foster good communication"

Did she actually say this? If so, that has got to be the biggest "fuck you" to the community I've ever seen. Laying the responsibility on the community to foster good communication after years of the developer neglecting to even update us on the state of MCC is fucking absurd. We don't need to do shit. We've explained our viewpoints countless times over the years. We tried to tell Bungie back in the day but they legitimately didn't give a shit about what we had to say. We've tried to tell 343, but 343 only tries to portray themselves as a company with good intentions who interacts with the fanbase, but they only interact when we have something positive to say about their work. If there's any criticism, they just go back into their hole for years hoping we would just forget that their game sucks.

Whatever, this is pissing me off. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but if she wants to gaslight us, then screw that. I'm not paying attention to some employee who doesn't even play multiplayer enough to understand how the damn thing works. I'm gonna go lay down before I punch my monitor.

• Upvote (+1) 2