CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How does these numbers compare to 04-09?

According to Mr. _FPS' chart, it looks like it's actually fairly even, a bit below Halo 3's higher numbers, but it averages about the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still dont understand what you are comparing to...

MLG is a esports company. Do you think Reach esports would have been better under a different TO? Or did MLG maximize its potential as an esport?

If the answer is the latter, then how can you say they didn't help? They did what they could.

MLG roll isn't to carry the weight of a games overall popularity on its shoulders. It's to run esports.

I agree.

I just think people here have unrealistic expectations of what MLG can do for this franchise.

With this new LAN feature I hope they dont do analysis in between games. Maybe then I would be able to watch a grand finals live.

Any analysis should occur between series, reviewing and recapping key plays from each game.

I think NBNS could have carried on a bit longer. The game was just coming into its own at that point.

Without looking at MLGs books, it's hard to argue whether or not it would've made sense for them to continue with Reach. But Oriii is arguing that "MLG didn't help Reach", but the facts don't support this claim.

Any analysis should occur between series, reviewing and recapping key plays from each game.

Without looking at MLGs books, it's hard to argue whether or not it would've made sense for them to continue with Reach. But Oriii is arguing that "MLG didn't help Reach", but the facts don't support this claim.

For the events MLG ran reach, they did the best that could be done with the exception of you know, a few chairs.

I agree.

I just think people here have unrealistic expectations of what MLG can do for this franchise.

What do you think people's expectations are?

It seems to me people just expect a LAN based Circuit, with a sensible structure (one that doesn't actively work against growth), solid

Production, and solid communication.

Does MLG have a history of failing to meet these expectations?

• Upvote (+1) 2

]

providence championships 77

2012:

mlg columbus 2012 h:r nbns 174

Look at that massive jump when the SETTINGS changed and sprint was dropped.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

What do you think people's expectations are?

Massive growth in terms of viewership, team sign ups, and possibly in game.

• Downvote (-1) 1

2011 season:

dallas 178

columbus 190

anaheim 131

raleigh 135

orlando 114

providence championships 77

2012:

mlg columbus 2012 h:r nbns 174

mlg dallas 2012 h4 221 - this was mlg's last event before halo 4 was given to virgin/agl

so yeah halo did fine under mlg

Damn, I remember going to H2 events in the 06 season when there were over 200 teams at each event, that shit was so hype. 

Its sad, but I haven't been to a Halo Esports tournament in close to a decade, sad days

Honestly, if MLG did pick up Halo, I would absolutely go to an open event, even if it were to simply spectate for the first time.

Settings may or may not have played a part in that change, columbus was always a popular mlg venue.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Settings may or may not have played a part in that change, columbus was always a popular mlg venue.

Settings definitely played a big part.

Do you think solid production has a positive or negative effect on viewership

Do you think a solid structure will have a positive or negative effect on player/org participation

I don't think anyone thinks simply signing mlg will instantly get viewership up to hwc 2016 levels, but it would be a step in the right direction.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If we get MLG I'm legitimately going to fly over from the UK to come to an event. I was too young to do so during the golden days, so I'm gonna take the first chance I get to go to my first ever Halo MLG event.

That's the pull MLG have for me as a Halo fan, it's something totally unreplicable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jesus

• Downvote (-1) 8

Jesus

That was a good point. It didn't require disrespect. The settings might have added 40 teams but Columbus always had a good turn out. Look at the AGL and Iron Gaming! Location, location, location. 

On that note... ATLANTA is blowing up!

• Upvote (+1) 2

That was a good point. It didn't require disrespect.

The settings might have added 40 teams but Columbus always had a good turn out. Look at the AGL and Iron Gaming!

Dude. Come on. Its straight up revisionist history.
  • Downvote (-1) 4

The ZBNS Reach final event was unbelievable. The crowd was honestly spectacular, blew away every other game in the venue. This was at a time when SC2 was all the rage, and the SC2 guys kept wondering what the heck was going on that the Halo side kept making so much racket.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Columbus 09 had 12 less teams then the event before it and was only 4th highest that year.

Columbus 2011 had 11 more teams then the event before it.

Columbus 2012 shoots up 100+ teams with ZBNS. But ya, clearly it wasnt because of the settings.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Columbus 09 had 12 less teams then the event before it and was only 4th highest that year.

Columbus 2011 had 11 more teams then the event before it.

Columbus 2012 shoots up 100+ teams with ZBNS. But ya, clearly it wasnt because of the settings.

The h4 event after had more teams as well. Most of these were established and popular mlg locations
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The ZBNS Reach final event was unbelievable. The crowd was honestly spectacular, blew away every other game in the venue. This was at a time when SC2 was all the rage, and the SC2 guys kept wondering what the heck was going on that the Halo side kept making so much racket.

Yep

And yet people here have completely and utterly given up on something like that ever happening again.