CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

let's get them some numbers boys

This is almost 4 years old now :laughing:

and this is even older

• Upvote (+1) 6

Doesn't the RT have a severe advantage? (Not that this is a relevant question really. Just trying to understand it from 343's point of view I suppose.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't the RT have a severe advantage? (Not that this is a relevant question really. Just trying to understand it from 343's point of view I suppose.)

Irrelevant anyways, most businesses don't make major decisions based on twitter polling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does it really matter at this point? We've done forum polls, twitter polls, straw polls, etc

These polls have been laid out countless times, but we are going to hope Halo turns out well again when they find a random gamer off the street to test it to see if they like it...because that's the most important thing in deciding these things.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is almost 4 years old now :laughing:

and this is even older

I feel like I remember a period a few years back where these forums, /r/Halo, and Waypoint all had polls within a few days of each other and the overwhelming verdict was that sprint didn't belong in Halo. It's one thing to see those results here, as obviously the majority of the competitive community wants classic Halo, but when /r/Halo and Waypoint are saying the same thing as well, I don't know how much clearer it could be...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wasn't making a point. I've always wondered if the RT had the edge.  :D

I'm pretty confident with new maps, a new gametype (Where the hell did Ricochet and Extraction go?) and Local Servers we can continue to INCH forWard. Removing sprint is a no brainer by noW2

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wasn't making a point. I've always wondered if the RT had the edge.  :D

I'm pretty confident with new maps, a new gametype (Where the hell did Ricochet and Extraction go?) and Local Servers we can continue to INCH forward for noW. Removing sprint is a no brainer by noW2

Yeah I know. I do think RT has the edge, probably.

343 doesn't need any data or feedback from any of us. They have all of the "data" they need to make an informed decision. The fall of Halo did not happen immediately, it has been a steady and notable decline in player participation, retention, and sales since Reach. They claim to follow and search for trends, but what bigger trend could there possibly be? 

People are way more likely to favorite than retweet. It's less of a hassle and it's more private. Not everyone wants videogame stuff posted on their actual feed for all their friends to see.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I feel like I remember a period a few years back where these forums, /r/Halo, and Waypoint all had polls within a few days of each other and the overwhelming verdict was that sprint didn't belong in Halo.

I think it was around the time when the 343 11% number came out for people who didn't think sprint belonged in Halo.

Does it really matter at this point? We've done forum polls, twitter polls, straw polls, etc

These polls have been laid out countless times, but we are going to hope Halo turns out well again when they find a random gamer off the street to test it to see if they like it...because that's the most important thing in deciding these things.

"but do you have the numbers to back that up"

*conducts poll/gets numbers*

"well obviously those numbers are skewed and there is a lot of variance that goes beyond those numbers"

"but do you have the numbers to back that up"

*conducts poll/gets numbers*

"well obviously those numbers are skewed and there is a lot of variance that goes beyond those numbers"

Polls aren't accurate unless you make like 3 or 4 announcements about them first.

Gotta love it.

Oh yeah, it is totally impossible to grasp office politics, job titles, and how to properly accomplish things in an office setting.

Thats about enough studio tweets for me today boys, I am maxed out.

I genuinely think that in his mind, we dont get the fact that an idea has to be approved by like 10 diff people in order to fix something that IF GIVEN THE CHANCE, a developer can do on its own in a matter of days...maybe weeks.

I have read this book.

It's shit. It assumes you have no issues in your life other than the occasional mild existential crisis. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like 343 is getting the idea that people love the modern abilities because, in house, most people like them.  I think 343 studios is some sort of safe haven for modern halo lovers and they resort to their enjoyment not the community's enjoyment.

Edit: Guys, we had to fight for such basic stuff like being able to drop the flag and descope.  We won't get another no sprint halo game, nor anywhere near a classic game.  It just wont happen.

After seeing CoD's recent success, I hope 343 decides to do the sensible thing and sets the timeline of Halo 6 to the 1943 Allied campaign in Western Europe.

WESTERN EUROPE

Please. It's too early in the morning for me to tilt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like 343 is getting the idea that people love the modern abilities because, in house, most people like them.  I think 343 studios is some sort of safe haven for modern halo lovers and they resort to their enjoyment not the community's enjoyment.

Edit: Guys, we had to fight for such basic stuff like being able to drop the flag and descope.  We won't get another no sprint halo game, nor anywhere near a classic game.  It just wont happen.

Insert "We Hired People who Hated Halo" article here.

All I want is to play some Halo, man. If that's achieved by Halo 6 going back to the roots(which I doubt, Frankie even said they're using H5 as a template) or MCC getting fixed, that's all I want. Just give me at least some happiness, 343.