CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Michael Scott holding a top position at 343 could actually explain quote a lot. 

No he'd get shit done for his video game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:kappa:

"For decades, we’ve been told that positive thinking is the key to a happy, rich life. "F**k positivity," Mark Manson says. "Let’s be honest, shit is f**ked and we have to live with it." In his wildly popular Internet blog, Manson doesn’t sugarcoat or equivocate. He tells it like it is—a dose of raw, refreshing, honest truth that is sorely lacking today. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is his antidote to the coddling, let’s-all-feel-good mindset that has infected modern society and spoiled a generation, rewarding them with gold medals just for showing up."

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Empire and Rig are the best Stronghold maps. Lets get rid of Rig Slayer and Empire Strongholds and replace them will ball please.

I meant Oddball not strongholds :(

tumblr_ovda4gtzMJ1tsfx8ro1_400.gif

Eden and plaza are far more enjoyable than empire sh

Nah, we should just get Rid of empire strongholds and regret slayer imo.

Regret Slayer is awesome.

:kappa:

"For decades, we’ve been told that positive thinking is the key to a happy, rich life. "F**k positivity," Mark Manson says. "Let’s be honest, shit is f**ked and we have to live with it." In his wildly popular Internet blog, Manson doesn’t sugarcoat or equivocate. He tells it like it is—a dose of raw, refreshing, honest truth that is sorely lacking today. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is his antidote to the coddling, let’s-all-feel-good mindset that has infected modern society and spoiled a generation, rewarding them with gold medals just for showing up."

God damn, this is some new level meta shit

• Upvote (+1) 1

This response to my tweet doesn't make me feel very comfortable that H6 will be classic.

I know I'm over analyzing every sentence anyone at 343 writes, but I'm grasping at straws for hope here.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

This response to my tweet doesn't make me feel very comfortable that H6 will be classic.

I know I'm over analyzing every sentence anyone at 343 writes, but I'm grasping at straws for hope here.  :kappa:

I simply don't see why it shouldn't be easy after years of backlash against abilities and a dwindling playerbase to match. Remove abilities, scale back map design, bump up base movement speed. Boom, classic Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Well its not surprising at all, it just doesn't make sense to take a tone with individuals even though 343 the studio has totally earned it.  I posted earlier how the organization as a whole shouldn't be surprised when the first response is hyperbolic anger because we have been conditioned to react that way at this point.  But posting to the crowd on a forum or management that has been there forrrrreevvver vs trying to have a direct conversation with an individual are different things. Especially if that individual is newer, lower in the pecking order, or has a history of actually directly responding.

Its also human nature to be dismissive of people that are being aggressive.  You can say, "well they should get over it and listen anyway" but the fact of the matter is... they won't... unless its a giant crowd all yelling about the same thing (BR starts for example), and generally that is listened to mainly as a PR move and not because the individuals involved actually want to.

That would be all well and good if not for that little "context" thing I mentioned. Plenty of people have tried reasonable, well-structured, well-support feedback over hundreds of posts over many years and it has been largely ignored. How many of these extremely fleeting interactions have we had with various people at this company? How many times have they led to basically nothing or very little improving? How many times has one shitty comment been latched on to to the exclusion of paragraphs real feedback? This is the reality they are dealing with and while I recognize that there is a difference between the studio/management and responsive individuals at that company, the reality is that they are representatives of 343, with all of that baggage, whether they want to be or not.

It's also human nature for people to get increasingly angry and impatient after years of one-way communication. These are passionate fans of the series (even after years of neglect). These are people who will advocate for the product for free if you acknowledge and engage with them. Quite simply, the easiest way to diffuse "aggressive" comments is to listen and respond. Demonstrate some respect and understanding, maybe even show more of both than they do, and I guarantee the majority of the people saying something worth saying will adjust their tone and possibly apologize on their own if they crossed the line. To her credit, I think Jessie has done the best at this so far of anyone at the studio I can recall, but we don't want or need tone policing. We are well past the point where that is constructive.

"Including something like IMO let's me know your open to hearing other sides and helping us work towards a system most find fun."

This is pedantic at best and REALLY reads like grasping for weak excuses to ignore feedback, even if (as I have acknowledged) it is not intended to be. So, feedback needs to be extremely concise, but should also waste space clarifying what everyone already knows? "Other sides" exist, even in issues of proven objective fact? Shocking.

• Upvote (+1) 4

When did designing and tuning a Halo game become such a difficult process that we need to bring in a PhD consultant?...

Guns. Grenades. Melees. Keep it simple.

Tip: Please stop tweeting condescending tips. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I completely understand both sides of the coin and even though I really disagree the way Jessie has this dialog going on with the fans, I still appreciate the opportunity for anyone to raise their concerns and explain their point of views towards a Microsoft employee/343 researcher.

However, there's a fact I can point and I can't word it properly I'm not feeling too well: Since Beyond Entertainment's forums have been open (February 2013) we had so many wonderful, skilled, and passionate Halo fans explaining in detail with very long posts, long topics/threads and numerous examples of so many things that Halo 4 did wrong, and even what Halo 5 is currently doing wrong. And due to the lack of communication, lack of acknowledgement of these issues and lack of changes towards a greater product, so many people in the Halo community have left.

That's a fact, and this forum has the data to support the history of (SHORT, LONG, SWEET, ROUGH, W/ EXAMPLES, W/ DATA, etc) feedback.

Halo 5 was released on October, 2015. So don't expect people to either give you "Nice, short, to the point feedback" or even give you feedback at all after this goddamn game has been out for 2 years. People has given up on this franchise, people that has said the stuff that needed to be said nicely were ignored several times in the past and are now gone.

I truly believe that there were people here that were even more passionate than the people working on Halo at the moment, and I truly believe that 343i needs to step it up regardless of getting "nice or rough" feedback because A LOT of people (CASUAL AND COMPETITIVE PLAYERS) are leaving and uninstalling this game and that almost never happened with previous classic Halos. Those are my 2 cents.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's like no one at 343 realizes that Halo used to be popular. JessaBirdy is nice but why did I need to send this data to her? When you mention that Halo was 10x more successful in its classic playstyle it doesn't mean a single thing to them. They're completely comfortable being a third rate console shooter developer. Rainbow fucking Six is more relevant than Halo now.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That would be all well and good if not for that little "context" thing I mentioned. Plenty of people have tried reasonable, well-structured, well-support feedback over hundreds of posts over many years and it has been largely ignored. How many of these extremely fleeting interactions have we had with various people at this company? How many times have they led to basically nothing or very little improving? How many times has one shitty comment been latched on to to the exclusion of paragraphs real feedback? This is the reality they are dealing with and while I recognize that there is a difference between the studio/management and responsive individuals at that company, the reality is that they are representatives of 343, with all of that baggage, whether they want to be or not.

It's also human nature for people to get increasingly angry and impatient after years of one-way communication. These are passionate fans of the series (even after years of neglect). These are people who will advocate for the product for free if you acknowledge and engage with them. Quite simply, the easiest way to diffuse "aggressive" comments is to listen and respond. Demonstrate some respect and understanding, maybe even show more of both than they do, and I guarantee the majority of the people saying something worth saying will adjust their tone and possibly apologize on their own if they crossed the line. To her credit, I think Jessie has done the best at this so far of anyone at the studio I can recall, but we don't want or need tone policing. We are well past the point where that is constructive.

"Including something like IMO let's me know your open to hearing other sides and helping us work towards a system most find fun."

This is pedantic at best and REALLY reads like grasping for weak excuses to ignore feedback, even if (as I have acknowledged) it is not intended to be. So, feedback needs to be extremely concise, but should also waste space clarifying what everyone already knows? "Other sides" exist, even in issues of proven objective fact? Shocking.

Yeah.  The bitch of it is I 100% agree with you.  We're (Halo fans) spinning our wheels here.  I'm just hoping that one of these people that is willing to talk is going to be the proverbial tree that we can winch our jeep to to get out of this muddy rut before a Dilophosaurus sprays us in the face and eats us alive.

Side note: You know what I really fucking miss for getting around maps quickly??

Teleporters and mancannons.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

The game controls the devs, not the other way around. 

I feel like we're approaching a point where you have to decide to just put the injured horse halo franchise with it's broken carriage image strewn over the road out of it's misery.

• Upvote (+1) 2