CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey guys,

To anyone not being able to see embedded tweets in posts, while on mobile (IOS), here is the super easy fix:

Clear your history - on IOS clearing your history will also clear your cache, cookies, etc. 

That will fix it :)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Empire and Rig are the best Stronghold maps. Lets get rid of Rig Slayer and Empire Strongholds and replace them will ball please.

Nah, we should just get Rid of empire strongholds and regret slayer imo.

Empire isn't the best anything.

The best map to work on the Assault Rifle commendations

• Upvote (+1) 4

If Halo 6 comes out in 2019 I can see a lot of pros leaving the game for good. 4 years on H5 is enough to drive anyone to quit. The competitive scene will be dead by the time the game is released. 

If Halo 6 comes out in 2019 I can see a lot of pros leaving the game for good. 4 years on H5 is enough to drive anyone to quit. The competitive scene will be dead by the time the game is released. 

#March2019

Halo 6 honestly needs to be the only AAA shooter game in town for at least a couple months when it releases imo so that means September 2019 (unlikely i think, lets not rush them) or feb-march 2019.  It needs to be classic, complete and polished.  Sales are going to be shit regardless, so it will need some "time alone" in the market to get some word of mouth sales.

343 needs to bring it or Halo is toast.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think that depends on if Microsoft will still have ~$1m tournaments for H5. If there's enough cash up for grabs, why leave it on the table? Granted that doesn't mean there will be more than 1,000 people watching any H5 tournament in 2018/19 on Twitch...

It's painful to see people defending modern Halo with less playtime than me, when I've amassed a grand total of 8 hours in the last 7 months. 

If these people love Halo the way it is so much, how come they don't play it either? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I fucking hate enhanced mobility.

Is that concise, short and specific?

That twitter feed made my life hurt

Maybe someone should offer her tips on how to manage and update a game properly over it's lifespan - with clear and timely interaction with the community

What she just did is just a pure red herring. Saying we'd love to listen to our community but you guys are stupid, toxic and need to learn how to talk is just a red herring to get away from the fact that a) people have posted countless not stupid or toxic suggestions (vetoed for example, even if you want to take TB out of the argument) and b) H5 numbers suck - be it social play or competitive. Like I guess Hecz just doesn't know how to talk properly like 343 employees do, or any of the pros for that matter.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I think that depends on if Microsoft will still have ~$1m tournaments for H5. If there's enough cash up for grabs, why leave it on the table? Granted that doesn't mean there will be more than 1,000 people watching any H5 tournament in 2018/19 on Twitch...

In ideal world, there would be an multiplayer only, esports oriented Halo game. Classic formula, constant updates (skins, maps, balance, modes). No need for number .Packed with forge editor and customs browser ofc. Maybe throw in some classic firefight with Halo characters unlockables for pve fans. U can have cod style Halo game with campaign every year or two, if that is what "data" says ppl want.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"I would talk to you guys, fix the game, and solve world hunger - but fuck me sometimes a few of you guys are so mean so let's work on that." - Jessie 343

• Upvote (+1) 5

"I would talk to you guys, fix the game, and solve world hunger - but fuck me sometimes a few of you guys are so mean so let's work on that." - Jessie 343

That twitter feed made my life hurt

Maybe someone should offer her tips on how to manage and update a game properly over it's lifespan - with clear and timely interaction with the community

What she just did is just a pure red herring. Saying we'd love to listen to our community but you guys are stupid, toxic and need to learn how to talk is just a red herring to get away from the fact that a) people have posted countless not stupid or toxic suggestions (vetoed for example, even if you want to take TB out of the argument) and b) H5 numbers suck - be it social play or competitive. Like I guess Hecz just doesn't know how to talk properly like 343 employees do, or any of the pros for that matter.

Doing an excellent job proving her wrong there bud. Keep it up.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

i always find it funny when 343 talks about fostering good communication only after they make a universally hated decision and people naturally get mad after years of being ignored and having "data supports this" thrown in their face. then we go back to out natural silence from them

Yeah somehow I don't think talking to a brick wall fosters good communication. I feel like for there to be a conversation there needs to be at least two parties and unfortunately 343 is pretty much always MIA. This is how they do it. 

1. Are we getting ready to release a new game? Interact with varying sub communities because if you make counterpoints from a position of knowledge and influence even some of the most diehard 343 haters will be converted for a short time regardless of how much truth is really being told because the sad truth is that we all want the game to be good and to believe them

2. Did we fuck up disastrously? Make some sort of nonspecific post or tweet apologizing vaguely about how moving forward everything will be much more positive then disappear in a couple of days tops. Have zero intentions of actually fixing anything the community doesn't actually completely revolt over and even then do the bare minimum. 

3. Pretend everyone really loved the original trilogy because of the time period it was released in. All nostalgia. Wouldn't work in current year/environment somehow. Must add weird gimmicky spin to lure in people from the CoD focus group even though they never actually come

Really I'm just tired of the collective blame so nobody is punished, getting these bad games and I really don't like people from 343 doing anything remotely close to saying the community doesn't know how to communicate or needs to be more polite if we care about the future of the game. I want them to do their jobs. Actually figure out what Halo players want because people have been telling them for years. If something hurts their feelings they need to suck it up and read it anyways because there is always something useful in nearly all kinds of feedback. Sure just ignore the #fuck343 rage post but its very annoying that those get cherry picked and stand out in their minds when anyone can easily find tons of well measured feedback for any Halo game at a moments notice. This is their responsibility not ours

• Upvote (+1) 4

I fucking hate enhanced mobility.

Is that concise, short and specific?

That's so weird to me. I playtested for projects and every time it's "Give as much feedback as possible." Obviously it should be well written so it's easy to read, but never have I been told to keep it short when giving feedback.

For example there was a game, it had a sprint mechanic and it worked fine in the game but I told the guy making the game sprint felt tacked on. He asked me why, what areas it felt the best, how to make it feel less tacked on, etc. And this was for a platformer game so it's even simpler than Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I keep typing stuff up in regard of these "tip" tweets then I realize it's just a waste of keystrokes.

I wrote up a big post and deleted it because it boiled down to:

1. There are right and wrong ways to give feedback.

2. There are right and wrong ways to receive feedback.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's so weird to me. I playtested for projects and every time it's "Give as much feedback as possible." Obviously it should be well written so it's easy to read, but never have I been told to keep it short when giving feedback.

For example there was a game, it had a sprint mechanic and it worked fine in the game but I told the guy making the game sprint felt tacked on. He asked me why, what areas it felt the best, how to make it feel less tacked on, etc. And this was for a platformer game so it's even simpler than Halo.

Maybe I've reached a point of max cynicism, but it almost seems like she's saying "give us as little input/criticism as possible so we can keep doing whatever the fuck we want."

• Upvote (+1) 5

Maybe I've reached a point of max cynicism, but it almost seems like she's saying "give us as little input/criticism as possible so we can keep doing whatever the fuck we want."

i think she's just asking people not to write long winded essays filled with irrelevant stuff

she's 100% right in saying "It's easier to digest and remember, making it more powerful and retainable."

people remember headlines

• Upvote (+1) 8