CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but a 343 dev supporting us is good.

Very rare, but greatly appreciated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Very rare, but greatly appreciated.

It is nice to see, but it would’ve been better if the HCS twitter or the official Halo twitter would’ve shouted us out too.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but a 343 dev supporting us is good.

Grim is an awesome dude, doesn't shock me he'd do some community outreach

• Upvote (+1) 4

@343 next time a playlist is failing, please look at the feedback that players have been giving you for a year now instead of consulting your employees who have "designed the most popular playlists"(what does this mean and how would this help??? ) and creating completely random changes out of the blue that no one ever suggested or asked for.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They should remove every ranked playlist except HCS. Swat and Breakout et al. can become social playlists instead. If you want a rank, you have to play the most competitive settings they can release. Thats one of the things Overwatch got right. everyone who wants to compete plays on the same settings in the same playlist (and HCS is the objectively best competitive settings for Halo). If 343 truly wanted a 'seemless experience' between playlists thats what they should do. make it a single ranked playlist that everyone competes in. If you want to become a Champion in Stasis slayer with a shit radar, splinter nades and brute plasma rifles everywhere then youre shit out of luck. Merging all the ranks into one playlist will solve whatever playlist population issues they have as well.

I have a problem with this. People will complain until they're blue in the face that the competitive playlist / settings being made more casual and that instead it should be streamline to be the most competitive version of the game it can be, even if that means separating the playlists. But somehow it would be OK if the shoes were on the other foot forcing people who don't want that streamlined comp experience to play it if they want the feedback / progression of ranked play.

That's the thing with streamlined games you don't get to pick and choose what you want, you get the game as it is warts and all and you work from there. Look at the top 5 esports, most if not all are the base experience presented in a competitive format - the respective hardcore competitive communities always have gripes.

Take Overwatch, the game started as no character limits with an actual 50/50 coin flip to decide drawn matches. With very clear and concise feedback the game changed very quickly. There are still parts of the game that the comp community despises (2cp, character balance etc) but being part of the core game rather than it's own little niche it is accepted as part and parcel of the process.

It doesn't even have to be a streamlined system as traditionally it has not been, but if it is you can't just have your cake and eat it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sick ninja, but also the fact that you can even execute that spartan charge start in this game TILTS me.

It reminds me of that Commando + Knife bullshit in Call of Duty.

Yeah, it is silly. There is almost no way for it to be countered in that situation as well because I am exposed for such a little amount of time.  :wutface:

Meanwhile in the upper echelon of Esports.

Yeah, but how long in advance do you have to announce it to fill some cheap bleachers 100 yards from the actual tournament?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Meanwhile in the upper echelon of Esports.

Yeah but did they even announce that this announcement was coming before the actual announcement? Lol, bush league. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Doc spitting str8 fire about Halo's future 

Watched that live. I know he was remembering Halo 2 and/or Halo 3 (he's talked about them previously being some of his favorite games and fondest gaming memories), but goddamn I hope it brought some more attention to the situation. It's started with Battlefield and Call of Duty, now if Halo can just get on board, that'd be stellar. There was a bit in there too where he was talking about how Halo isn't CoD and shouldn't have been developed to be similar to it.

tZlV7Bl.png

I am absolutely speechless. 343 are taking Denial to another fucking level.

- Halo 5 is the WORST main Halo game to sell yet.

- It has the LOWEST viewership of any main Halo game yet (perhaps apart from H4)

- It very clearly has the SMALLEST population of any main Halo game yet.

What other fucking methods even are there for determining popularity? Oh wait! Let me guess! How many people vote for H5 on Reddit Halo, right?!

Honestly, if they just accepted Classic Halo is better, evident in every single metric, then I'd be happy and forgive. There's one thing I cannot stand, and that is being in denial when the whole community that made their jobs, their lives, and their GAME, is hanging on a thread because they refuse to believe the truth (and the fact that they're one of the most hated game developers of all time). Just shocking.

Most monthly active users since Halo 3 - 343

• Upvote (+1) 2

tZlV7Bl.png

I am absolutely speechless. 343 are taking Denial to another fucking level.

- Halo 5 is the WORST main Halo game to sell yet.

- It has the LOWEST viewership of any main Halo game yet (perhaps apart from H4)

- It very clearly has the SMALLEST population of any main Halo game yet.

What other fucking methods even are there for determining popularity? Oh wait! Let me guess! How many people vote for H5 on Reddit Halo, right?!

Honestly, if they just accepted Classic Halo is better, evident in every single metric, then I'd be happy and forgive. There's one thing I cannot stand, and that is being in denial when the whole community that made their jobs, their lives, and their GAME, is hanging on a thread because they refuse to believe the truth (and the fact that they're one of the most hated game developers of all time). Just shocking.

Reading that takes me straight back to Waypoint in 2012. The irony of the situation is that 343 is the only entity that actually has the hard data about this game's population.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Doc spitting str8 fire about Halo's future 

I get what he's saying, but it's not necessarily long battles that define a match's narrative. Halo CE often didn't have long battles. But that game also had a flow to it because the power weapons and power ups had a variety of timers. There was almost always something to control. These later games have power weapons that don't spawn as often and the gameplay in between just isn't interesting because the mechanics make the game too frantic. He's on the right track though. Much more than 343 is, that's for sure.

Most monthly active users since Halo 3 - 343

this just mean that more people play this than h4 and mcc. so effectively it means jack shit

• Upvote (+1) 1