CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well, this thread creates so many mixed feelings so to get some nostalgia and bring back memories...watch the best Halo CE speedrunner Garish Goblin set a new world record on HCE Legendary (1:15:18) a couple of days ago. I remember when goatrope made his impossible 1:35 run 3 years ago. This is 20 minutes faster...

I recently got into speedrunning halo and I think a lot of people into competitive halo would enjoy it. It's really challenging and fun and could be something to do while we wait for competitive halo to not suck

• Upvote (+1) 4

I recently got into speedrunning halo and I think a lot of people into competitive halo would enjoy it. It's really challenging and fun and could be something to do while we wait for competitive halo to not suck

Speedrunning is something I really enjoy watching but don't think I could ever get into myself. I absolutely loved Nak3d Eli's videos back when he was still making content. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Speedrunning is something I really enjoy watching but don't think I could ever get into myself. I absolutely loved Nak3d Eli's videos back when he was still making content.

I really miss both Nak3d Eli and RC Master.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really miss both Nak3d Eli and RC Master.

Its crazy that Naked Eli stopped playing because Microsoft said his gamertag was inappropriate and made him change it 

• Upvote (+1) 2

While I agree with the message here, it's not exactly a fair comparison. Rainbow Six is a multi-platform title, and a quick examination of the top twitch streams show almost all of them are on PC, where the game is available for $15 on steam, and has been for almost a year.

But, yes, active feedback is always a good thing.

• Upvote (+1) 8

While I agree with the message here, it's not exactly a fair comparison. Rainbow Six is a multi-platform title, and a quick examination of the top twitch streams show almost all of them are on PC, where the game is available for $15 on steam, and has been for almost a year.

Also they arent forced to play on Overgrowth

• Upvote (+1) 9

At this point its pretty pointless to expect 343 to get this right and we should focus on trying to get microsoft to hand halo to a better dev. I dont know any other way we are going to get a decent halo with proper post launch support and a pro scene that doesnt turn away the current pros

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At this point its pretty pointless to expect 343 to get this right and we should focus on trying to get microsoft to hand halo to a better dev. I dont know any other way we are going to get a decent halo with proper post launch support and a pro scene that doesnt turn away the current pros

which better dev tho, Microsoft has nothing, they have the coalition pumping GoW games, turn 10 pumping forza games, and that's it right? Oh I forgot Rare but instead of reviving perfect dark or doing something new they had them making kinect games till recently (sea of thieves) rofl

A better comparison would be XBL most played where Seige is also shitting on Halo.

Seige is #3 behind just WW2 and fortnight. Halo 5 is #26

It’s crazy because RB6 as a franchise has scene lower lows than halo, and is also older than halo, yet it still managed to rebound by refining what it was good at instead of chasing trends.

• Upvote (+1) 3

which better dev tho, Microsoft has nothing, they have the coalition pumping GoW games, turn 10 pumping forza games, and that's it right? Oh I forgot Rare but instead of reviving perfect dark or doing something new they had them making kinect games till recently (sea of thieves) rofl

MS had a good enough relationship with respawn to have them doing azure commercials. I know many may not care for titanfall but respawn does a great job and the founders were also the minds behind the original modern warfare which was a great boots on the ground game

• Upvote (+1) 1

MS had a good enough relationship with respawn to have them doing azure commercials. I know many may not care for titanfall but respawn does a great job and the founders were also the minds behind the original modern warfare which was a great boots on the ground game

I'd like that, maybe even Respawn + Certain affinity but MS is too dense for that

I've been seeing from a lot of cod fans that its too late for halo pros to seriously switch to cod now that there has been two 2ks. Anyone here know if there is any truth to that?

I've been seeing from a lot of cod fans that its too late for halo pros to seriously switch to cod now that there has been two 2ks. Anyone here know if there is any truth to that?

Considering passes for dallas are sold out, they cant even play if they wanted
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The fact that so many pros are genuinely considering making the switch is fucking depressing.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The fact that so many pros are genuinely considering making the switch is fucking depressing.

I want to see them change. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I just don't get it. 343 is the same studio that did their fucking best trying to fix Reach after Bungie handed it off to them. They listened to us then. It's not that difficult to do the same thing now.

I can't blame current halo pros that would rather jump ship to CoD than stay with Halo, but I just wish the majority of the competitive community would agree to support older more competitive titles like Smash has in the past.

Don't get me wrong, of course I want them to support halo CE but even if chose not to and picked halo 3 I would support that because they are still supporting halo. I guess h5 and cod are relatively similar in certain aspects and a lot closer to each other than halo CE and halo 5 are but idk. I guess it's just a little sad to see it happen.

I can understand the desire to play an active title with a massive competitive player base but meh.. hope things turn around soon. I actually reinstalled halo 5 myself since a friend got an Xbox one x but after reading the changes I've had little desire to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just don't get it. 343 is the same studio that did their fucking best trying to fix Reach after Bungie handed it off to them. They listened to us then. It's not that difficult to do the same thing now.

It is when they're convinced they need to build "their" Halo and not Bungie's Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1