CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The memory overshadows the reality for a lot of people. Same thing would happen as it did with h3, people would lose interest after a week or find an excuse like 30fps.

I played some LAN h2 a few weeks ago with some friends, it was pretty legit actually, thank god for xbox 360s

• Upvote (+1) 1

what if we just played halo 2

If they actually manage to fix mcc, I wouldn’t mind some legacy tornuments. But unfortunately 343 has been on record stating that “they won’t support a game they didn’t make”. It’s kinda gross when you think about it.

If they actually manage to fix mcc, I wouldn’t mind some legacy tornuments. But unfortunately 343 has been on record stating that “they won’t support a game they didn’t make”. It’s kinda gross when you think about it.

Where did they say this? This is the first I'm hearing of that.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-mcc-what-happened-and-what-happens-next/32dd5e4a-1001-4aae-b51b-22c091e8d21a/posts

The memory overshadows the reality for a lot of people. Same thing would happen as it did with h3, people would lose interest after a week or find an excuse like 30fps.

That's simply because theres no reason to play it. If either h2 or h3 was brought in as the tournament title, it'd get more teams at open events than h5.

Why did it take people so long to realize the new BR was shit? Some of us have been saying that from the beginning. 

That said, I've been enjoying the fuck out of Assassin's Creed Origins. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Haven't played Halo in probably like 3 months at this point. Not the first time I've been on a break this long, but not exactly missing it. Could just be the plethora of great games out right now (mostly Fortnite). I doubt the HWC or even a settings change could bring me back. It just seems so stale now to think about playing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Where did they say this? This is the first I'm hearing of that.

During the livestream like a month ago.  They are starting a "flighting" program in the spring to do larger scale public tests of new MCC builds.

That's simply because theres no reason to play it. If either h2 or h3 was brought in as the tournament title, it'd get more teams at open events than h5.

lol no it wouldn't.  Look i have a boner for H2/H3 as much as the next guy but an H2/H3 tourney won't bring in as many teams as an H5 event (unless the money and official dev support went with it and even then it would be a long shot).

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol no it wouldn't.  Look i have a boner for H2/H3 as much as the next guy but an H2/H3 tourney won't bring in as many teams as an H5 event (unless the money and official dev support went with it and even then it would be a long shot).

That's why I said if it was the tournament title. If people knew there was going to be a full year of dev sponsored tournaments with the same money that H5 has, there's literally no doubt that it would get more teams.

That's why I said if it was the tournament title. If people knew there was going to be a full year of dev sponsored tournaments with the same money that H5 has, there's literally no doubt that it would get more teams.

I would 100% love for that to happen, but i think nostalgia goggles are clouding your judgement on this one lol.  Would still be a super long shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whats rostermania looking like? Whats happening with Lunchbox? I am so out of the loop it feels like H4 again lol

i've actually just bought R6 Siege. 10/10 solid game. sucks halo 5 is in this weird state of stagnation. :/

Whats rostermania looking like? Whats happening with Lunchbox? I am so out of the loop it feels like H4 again lol

Lunch has barely played on his main since Denver, and even less so after Oddball BRs replaced HCS, haven't seen any rumors about him either except for being an F/A.

Now Oriii is banned :(

Jeez, all of the fun is just leaving. I loved watching him press buttons lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

My older brother used to always be on my back about religiously playing Halo games and never really branching out to other games (he is a casual gamer, I am more competitive and have always loved Halo).

But in the last year I've bought Destiny 2, CoD for the first time in 6 or 7 years, Battlefront 2, AC Origins, Titanfall 2, and Battlefield 1. H5 is in a sorry state right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Now Oriii is banned :(

Jeez, all of the fun is just leaving. I loved watching him press buttons lol. 

You're pretty good at that yourself

s i m p l i c i t y

A simple, balanced map in a simple, balanced game (excluding H5) 

that and its nice and dark so it doesnt give everyone eye strain from the ridiculous lens flare 343 puts on everything. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

What if the BR/GF starts was all just a plot to get the old HCS settings back. What if they just wanted to make the current HCS playlist so unbearably bad that we all wanted to go play team arena so we wouldn't complain as much when they re-introduce old radar and AR starts. Jokes on them I just stopped playing their game completely  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Fun games usually do that to bad games.

I loved Halo 5 up to the settings change which sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 5