CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've never really cared for Midship.

I mean, I guess it works but it's just kind of ehhhhh to me. Don't really like it, don't really dislike it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2A and H5 are pretty even to me. H2A had momentum melees and weapon melee weights, both things I really like, and despite the lack of content we still had a decent map/gametype rotation (Even if Shrine Bomb/Warlord KOTH weren't the best). It also had IMO the best aiming system out of any Halo game. But on the downside it had dynamic weapon timers and pretty easy to use weapons

H5 has a pretty wide movement skill gap and the pistol is nice even though the rest of the sandbox is too easy. Also static weapon timers, a better map pool (Even though none of the individual maps besides maybe Truth are as good as the H2A maps) and IMO a better ranking system.

• Upvote (+1) 4

H1>H2>>>>>>>>NBNS:Reach>H3>>>H2A>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>H5>>>>H4

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

My favorite maps to play on were MIdship/Heretic, The Pit, Sanctuary, and Narrows.

Honorable mentions: Zealot(the custom one) and Beaver Creek.

343 have produce no original maps that I've considered memorable. I think they did a good job with Truth, but that's Midship inspired.

Headlong was the best map ever made.

It's the only map where the Gauss Warthog actually felt balanced, despite the fact that Halo 2's Gauss was far, far more powerful than any iteration after it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This might seem dumb as fuck, but I'd be ok with Magnum/new BR starts (minus the spread).

To me the new BR feels more like a skillful replacement to the AR than it does a logical replacement for the magnum.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H5 has a lot of good maps. But no great ones. 

Would you rather have H6 have the Private - Inheritor, Private - General 5 star or whatever or 1-152?

I think Reach was actually had the coolest progression system imo

• Upvote (+1) 3

Would you rather have H6 have the Private - Inheritor, Private - General 5 star or whatever or 1-152?

H3's mix of skill and especially XP being given only for wins makes it the best system IMO. Reach had the coolest looking ranks though. H4 and 5's ranks can go die in a fire. Literally no one cares about their SR ranks in those games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

talk like that will cost you a job

too soon?

Like I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that a video game console will just kick you from the game to push an os update with no option to disregard. Like boom, mid match. Fuck you update now or turn off the Xbox.

Who designed this thing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Like I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that a video game console will just kick you from the game to push an os update with no option to disregard. Like boom, mid match. Fuck you update now or turn off the Xbox.

Who designed this thing.

Ran into this last year - annoying as hell.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Best maps ever dropped in halo would be the glorious sanctuary and warlock. That map pack took halo 2 from amazing to god status, i remember doing early competitive play on some shitty maps lol, that map pack was a game changer.

Also, waterworks is obviously the best BTB map ever made, there would be fights happening so far from one another it actually felt like a war zone. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Headlong was the best map ever made.

It's the only map where the Gauss Warthog actually felt balanced, despite the fact that Halo 2's Gauss was far, far more powerful than any iteration after it.

Nah man. H4 gauss was simply unkillable
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Mixture of H3 and Reach progression (H3 rules, Reach symbols)

Reach UI

Halo 5 ranking system (i prefer the symbols and champ system over 1-50.  MM itself could be better, but better population would help that a lot).

1 point for a win

0 for a loss

-2 for a quit

double XP weekends

• Upvote (+1) 8

Best maps ever dropped in halo would be the glorious sanctuary and warlock. That map pack took halo 2 from amazing to god status, i remember doing early competitive play on some shitty maps lol, that map pack was a game changer.

Also, waterworks is obviously the best BTB map ever made, there would be fights happening so far from one another it actually felt like a war zone.

+1 for Waterworks that map never gets the attention it deserves, best BTB by far imo. Always like it and Sidewinder way more the Gultch

• Upvote (+1) 3

+1 for Waterworks that map never gets the attention it deserves, best BTB by far imo. Always like it and Sidewinder way more the Gultch

Waterworks was awesome, but I always felt like Containment never got the recognition it deserved. So many fun memories playing CTF on that map. 

• Upvote (+1) 2