CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Idea; have the top 3 placements go to the stage in go-karts from 3 seperate locations, then when they get there have raisable platforms which raises the individual teams to display their placements. Lastly, we need a giant fish which pops out the trophy for the winning team.

now were talking

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idea; have the top 3 placements go to the stage in go-karts from 3 seperate locations, then when they get there have raisable platforms which raises the individual teams to display their placements. Lastly, we need a giant fish which pops out the trophy for the winning team.

@@mediabrute please make us a beautiful gif.

The problem is that your enjoyment of Vanilla Coke doesn't depend on the number of other people drinking Vanilla Coke. You could be the only person in the world drinking it and it's the same experience. For playlists, your enjoyment comes from having good matches (skill and connection), which is only possible when the playlist has a healthy population.

so why didnt they replace the breakout playlist then?

that shit is dead.

Beyond gave out nearly $30,000 in cash and prizing in 2016 (and continued into 2017) via free to enter tournaments.

If that is considered "dropping the ball" I would gladly drop the ball again. 

With little promotion from 343 as well. 

Shoutout to Psyonix for always promoting Team beyond ASTRONAUTS on the RLCS twitter page. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I love how whenever there is downtime between Halo tournaments this thread becomes a huge argument over the most random things.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I do miss 4v4 Beyond Tournaments though. 

But if you think no sprint tournaments would be fun in H5, you're dumb. The weapons are not designed for that. I want H6 to be classic but H5 would be awful without abilities.

But if you think no sprint tournaments would be fun in H5, you're dumb. The weapons are not designed for that. I want H6 to be classic but H5 would be awful without abilities.

what do you mean the weapons are not designed for it. Since when were weapons designed around sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

i see your memes and raise you

N8nosBD.jpg

Accidental neg. Gave you lots of +. Good meme.

• Upvote (+1) 2

what do you mean the weapons are not designed for it. Since when were weapons designed around sprint.

The maps are designed around sprint, so naturally the sight lines and consequently the RRR or other factors will be affected by sprint, such as kill time due to increased escapability (though it still feels slow as crap).

If you cannot see how the weapons and grenades in this game are designed around abilities you are blind.

That being said bumping up movement speed 10% and ramping up strafe accel can do wonders for ability-less playlists (cough cough).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thrust is a far bigger factor for H5's weapon balance than sprint. Most of the decent H5 maps play fine without sprint and plus a BMS/strafe acceleration boost. Cut thrust, however, and no one misses. Seems like most of the people who make this claim haven't tested it.

​343's poor attempt at a no sprint, "classic" playlist was a problem of garbage maps and settings, not Halo 5 being unplayable without sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So after playing a shit ton of Oddball I say this...

The 1 hit beat down kills gotta go.

&

They need to reduce the ball carrier speed.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bigger maps = longer sightlines = more aa needed.

Thrust is a far bigger factor for H5's weapon balance than sprint. Most of the decent H5 maps play fine without sprint and plus a BMS/strafe acceleration boost. Cut thrust, however, and no one misses. Seems like most of the people who make this claim haven't tested it.

​343's poor attempt at a no sprint, "classic" playlist was a problem of garbage maps and settings, not Halo 5 being unplayable without sprint.

I assumed that when he said a "No sprint tournament" he meant all abilities would be off. But either way, sprint still makes a major change in how weapons work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love how whenever there is downtime between Halo tournaments this thread becomes a huge argument over the most random things.

Random things? Like the new BR?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So after playing a shit ton of Oddball I say this...

The 1 hit beat down kills gotta go.

&

They need to reduce the ball carrier speed.

Both of these things are true. Also, it needs to be played on maps that aren't unsalvageable dumpster fires like Overgrowth, Empire, and Mercy.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Both of these things are true. Also, it needs to be played on maps that aren't unsalvageable dumpster fires like Overgrowth, Empire, and Mercy.

And I fucking promise you those maps are weighted so high compared to Truth/Rig. How many times does 343 want to hear us/pros say Overgrowth/Mercy suck?

And I fucking promise you those maps are weighted so high compared to Truth/Rig. How many times does 343 want to hear us/pros say Overgrowth/Mercy suck?

Is truth supposed to be in the playlist?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is truth supposed to be in the playlist?

It was in the other playlist. If that's the ONE map they decided to remove then........nvm that sounds about right.