CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Totally off thread but the Celtics are the greatest basketball team of all time.

Continue on.

Heck yea they are. I've been a fan since I was a kid (dad was). After watching them suck so hard during my childhood, it's been amazing seeing the Big Three. Broke my heart when Pierce was traded. I was super pumped when we got Hayward seeing as how he's a great player and an avid gamer. It's been a rough year and I was looking forward to their season, and that was crushing. But it's awesome seeing them rally to 14 in a row. Jaylen Brown is going to be a star.

Oh, and I don't think the BR starts are going to fly.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Holy shit EA turned off in-game purchases in BFII. Never thought that the community could make something like this happen. I think this is really important for gaming as a whole and will set the precedent for all future games.

They're turning them back on later.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

That's nothing in comparison to most MMO's. XIV alone I probably have almost 3k hours and I'm not even half done.

You must do a lot of traditional roleplaying.

Might be a poor or corny analogy, but when for instance Coke tries a new flavor. Do they remove OG Coke from the shelves? Or do they just market Vanilla Coke as an addition to the brand & distribute together? This is what I'm proposing, if people don't want Vanilla Coke they won't buy, if people don't want to play new settings they won't go to that playlist.

The problem is that your enjoyment of Vanilla Coke doesn't depend on the number of other people drinking Vanilla Coke. You could be the only person in the world drinking it and it's the same experience. For playlists, your enjoyment comes from having good matches (skill and connection), which is only possible when the playlist has a healthy population.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The problem is that your enjoyment of Vanilla Coke doesn't depend on the number of other people drinking Vanilla Coke. You could be the only person in the world drinking it and it's the same experience. For playlists, your enjoyment comes from having good matches (skill and connection), which is only possible when the playlist has a healthy population.

No? The enjoyment also come from the “flavor of the coke” IE the settings, you can have the most populated playlist in the world that if it have trash settings i won’t play it.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

No? The enjoyment also come from the “flavor of the coke” IE the settings, you can have the most populated playlist in the world that if it have trash settings i won’t play it.

It doesn't matter if YOU specifically won't play it. A playlist with a healthy population doesnt need your individual presence.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Keep the same trophy as last year. Just make it bigger and metal.

Did they give Optic rings for the second worlds win?

https ://i.imgflip.com/1zkjw8.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Ironically, I’m setting up tournaments for December today. To stop by and see that we are called out for not doing enough - then false accusation regarding bans here is just funny.

We have given you the resources you need to run your settings, nothing is handed to you (especially in esports). If you feel so strongly it will makes a difference, then please take advantage of them. You continue to lose (any) credibility if you keep up this know it all act.

It’s easy to talk a big game, it’s another to get your hands dirty. I’m thankful the team here has actual grit to get things done.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ironically, I’m setting up tournaments for December today. To stop by and see that we are called out for not doing enough - then false accusation regarding bans here is just funny at this point.

We have given you the resources you need, nothing is handed to you (especially in esports). If you feel so strongly it will makes a difference please take advantage of them. You continue to lose (any) credibility if you keep up this know it all act.

It’s easy to talk a big game, it’s another to get your hands dirty. I’m thankful the team here has actual grit to get things done.

Its just a picture of squidward. Relax

My opinion is you have dropped the ball by not using your infrastructure to run no sprint/no ability events. I am allowed to have an opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 16

Its just a picture of squidward. Relax

My opinion is you have dropped the ball by not using your infrastructure to run no sprint/no ability events. I am allowed to have an opinion.

That's perfectly fine, but don't throw out false accusations like the ban thing. Just because you are put in a corner and called out on your stuff doesn't mean you can resort to cheap insults regarding staff or the community. Please try and be respectful to those around, I get it - the game rules and tournament can be frustrating, but it doesn't excuse you to act a certain way.

If you would like to discuss how we can improve our tournaments or potentially save Halo feel free to PM me or any other staff member.

• Upvote (+1) 4

A No Sprint team beyond tournament would literally do nothing towards what Ori is trying to accomplish. Interesting to watch? Maybe, but it wouldn't change 343s mind in any way shape or form. 90% of this community knows Halo is better without sprint as well. so it's not like you'd be swaying that opinion either.

It's such a stupid thing to bring up 200 times.

• Upvote (+1) 4

They should make it life-sized, out of a 6 foot oak log, cut on stage by a chainsaw

Better than the boring trophy ceremony they have now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

no

I think Hecz was going to get some for them, but idk if that actually happened or not.