CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can we get Dr.Dis say something about Halo in front of 45k ppl ? It certainly helped Star Wars quite a bit.

Yeah cuz our boy Ninj hasn't been saying stuff about Halo in front of thousands of people for years.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Totally off thread but the Celtics are the greatest basketball team of all time.

Continue on.

14-0 streak without Hayward. 

80-2 incoming.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Totally off thread but the Celtics are the greatest basketball team of all time.

Continue on.

I really didn't think they were gonna pull that one out. Props to those guys. P.S. Kyrie is better than Steph Curry.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey everyone, posted a quick update on HaloWC stuff. Sharing here as well: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/3928f141c8e14499a4d33d2ddaa86008/topics/next-halowc-announcement-update/95f86fc1-ee27-4a7c-a3bf-aa5369c82164/posts

--

Hey everyone, Tashi here to provide an update on HaloWC and next announcements. As I discussed in my blog and on the Halo Livestream last month, the Halo Championship Series has been undergoing some significant changes this year – changes that players, fans, and organizations have been asking us for, and that we're excited about too. When making changes like formats and signing with new partners, for example, we need to make sure we’re re-laying the foundation the right way, and certain aspects can take time. Business and legal teams are currently ironing out final details, and we’re looking to get the next major announcements out after the Thanksgiving holiday. Rest assured we are moving as fast as we reasonably can while ensuring all of the right pieces are falling into place.

Here’s what you can expect in the announcement:

• Cities, dates, and venues for all qualification events
  • Partners for each region
  • Initial format details
We’ll also be revealing the new HaloWC 2018 logo, which we hope everyone loves as much as we do. Shortly after, we’ll be releasing more specific format details on where players can sign up to compete, roster rules, points systems, etc.

We are certainly aware that players and fans are very hungry for new details, and many parties are working hard to deliver that news as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience,

Tashi

Keep the same trophy as last year. Just make it bigger and metal.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

No user posts have been removed from the last few pages.

I had a quote from FrankieFourShot Today, 12:25 AM and when I click it it takes me to the start of the thread.

Any rumors or news on who Lunch will be teaming with?

I recall someone saying he was running with Ace and APG but this was ages ago and it might've even just been a prediction post.

Props to @@Timo and the rest of the ESL staff for stopping by when they did. If this is the end of the HCS relationship, I wish them the best for their other titles they cover for many years to come.

If it really is the end then we can hold onto the good memories like when the allowed cratos and showtime to submit a false roster to keep a pro seed, the random 16,000 points given to pro teams, the months we begged them not to hold worlds in burbank only for them to put it in burbank, and the last 2 pro league seasons that have been more downtime than anything else. At least we wont have to search for the rulebook any more

Tf22hvo.gif

• Upvote (+1) 9

plz stop saying "mlg this mlg that"

Youre all getting your hopes up for them to be diminished.

Personally I just dont think MLG 343 has the budget to run a million dollar tournament, with MLG in a great location. 

mlg this mlg that

TemAaeK.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've seen a lot of people give their feedback on the new HCS settings so I want to share mine. The only reason I get on this game anymore is to play the HCS playlist - which I actually enjoyed before this new settings test. The biggest issues for this game are heavy aim and the servers (could be same problem idk).

Sure new maps would be great, but it would be nice to just get some consistent hit registration and aiming. I keep seeing Josh reference on twitter that the population hasn't changed in the HCS playlist since he implemented these new changes. I don't think that is a fair way for him to look at it, as I'm sure these are just the regular HCS players that usually play get on. Once these players get on for there maybe 1-3 nights a week they will notice how a game with so many issues, has become even more frustrating. Personally my group of friends try to play as a to4 on Friday nights, we have already all decided that we are going to play fortnite this Friday if those settings are still in because its simply just not enjoyable. 

I think that if 343 believes the population is unchanged with these new settings - they should make this test an independent playlist. The old HCS should go back in and then they can really get a good gauge at if this test was beneficial for the game. I have a few problems with the BR and new magnum. As I referenced above heavy aiming has always been an issue for me in this game. These new load outs have created even more problems for me because the new magnum and br make me feel like I'm playing with 2 different sensitivities. Does anyone else feel like this? 

To offer just a line of solution, just make 2 playlist. OG HCS Playlist & New Settings. This allows 343 to get their test data from players who they claim enjoy this, and then allows the group of us who only got on for OG HCS playlist to still have a reason to play this game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've seen a lot of people give their feedback on the new HCS settings so I want to share mine. The only reason I get on this game anymore is to play the HCS playlist - which I actually enjoyed before this new settings test. The biggest issues for this game are heavy aim and the servers (could be same problem idk).

Sure new maps would be great, but it would be nice to just get some consistent hit registration and aiming. I keep seeing Josh reference on twitter that the population hasn't changed in the HCS playlist since he implemented these new changes. I don't think that is a fair way for him to look at it, as I'm sure these are just the regular HCS players that usually play get on. Once these players get on for there maybe 1-3 nights a week they will notice how a game with so many issues, has become even more frustrating. Personally my group of friends try to play as a to4 on Friday nights, we have already all decided that we are going to play fortnite this Friday if those settings are still in because its simply just not enjoyable. 

I think that if 343 believes the population is unchanged with these new settings - they should make this test an independent playlist. The old HCS should go back in and then they can really get a good gauge at if this test was beneficial for the game. I have a few problems with the BR and new magnum. As I referenced above heavy aiming has always been an issue for me in this game. These new load outs have created even more problems for me because the new magnum and br make me feel like I'm playing with 2 different sensitivities. Does anyone else feel like this? 

To offer just a line of solution, just make 2 playlist. OG HCS Playlist & New Settings. This allows 343 to get their test data from players who they claim enjoy this, and then allows the group of us who only got on for OG HCS playlist to still have a reason to play this game. 

I don't think further segmenting playlists would solve anything.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think further segmenting playlists would solve anything.

Might be a poor or corny analogy, but when for instance Coke tries a new flavor. Do they remove OG Coke from the shelves? Or do they just market Vanilla Coke as an addition to the brand & distribute together? This is what I'm proposing, if people don't want Vanilla Coke they won't buy, if people don't want to play new settings they won't go to that playlist. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Might be a poor or corny analogy, but when for instance Coke tries a new flavor. Do they remove OG Coke from the shelves? Or do they just market Vanilla Coke as an addition to the brand & distribute together? This is what I'm proposing, if people don't want Vanilla Coke they won't buy, if people don't want to play new settings the won't go to that playlist. 

Thing is Halo isn't Coke. Halo is not even Pepsi. Not even RC Coke. Its way, way below.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Keep the same trophy as last year. Just make it bigger and metal.

I agree with this but I want a actual 3D statue of the legendary symbol with all the textures. The worlds trophy was just flat and pretty boring

I agree with this but I want a actual 3D statue of the legendary symbol with all the textures. The worlds trophy was just flat and pretty boring

They should make it life-sized, out of a 6 foot oak log, cut on stage by a chainsaw