CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Carbine and DMR are both good changes too IMO

I like them too I think the 0 aim assist up close with the dmr is weird though but it feels much better at range.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We have to “test” storm rifles start, we can’t be sure untill we test it, and the only way we can do it is by replacing the only competitive playlist with it.

-GH057ayame in H4

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I w

Strongholds and KoTH are both cool, for different reasons.

I would actually like to see if they could make a KotH gametype without 343 having to add anything into the game, and how it would play if they did.  

I w

I would actually like to see if they could make a KotH gametype without 343 having to add anything into the game, and how it would play if they did.  

"As we were designing Zone Lord, we decided to address an issue with previous iterations of the game mode. Previously, there was little to no incentive for a player to control the Zone, which often led to stat-padding as players would leave the hill to seek out power-weapons or power-ups. As a result, all players who step in the zone will be unable to leave. However, to give players an incentive to move into the Zone, all players inside will be given a rapid-fire Nornfang rifle.

We anticipate these changes will discourage selfish play and result in more consistent gameplay."

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Carbine and DMR are both good changes too IMO

Carbine I feel the same way as the BR, just not as strongly since it's not being billed as a starting weapon. Basically why add spread when reducing RRR/Magnetsim does the job just fine?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Carbine I feel the same way as the BR, just not as strongly since it's not being billed as a starting weapon. Basically why add spread when reducing RRR/Magnetsim does the job just fine?

Didn't they literally do that in the testing playlist, then revert those changes and just add randomness instead? lmfao.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't they literally do that in the testing playlist, then revert those changes and just add randomness instead? lmfao.

They did spread plus magnetism nerfs in the test, then rolled back the magnetism changes in favor of an 8% RRR reduction. They are using magnetism to make guns with spread still feel consistent while in red reticle ala H2. GF had a lot of spread added as well.

Basically I wouldn't want to use any precision weapon that was changed in the update in competitive settings and that doesn't bode well for the future direction of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They did spread plus magnetism nerfs in the test, then rolled back the magnetism changes in favor of an 8% RRR reduction. They are using magnetism to make guns with spread still feel consistent while in red reticle ala H2. GF had a lot of spread added as well.

Basically I wouldn't want to use any precision weapon that was changed in the update in competitive settings and that doesn't bode well for the future direction of Halo.

I just can't wrap my head around why they want to add random spread but then use magnetism to alleviate it somewhat. It seems like a super convoluted solution to making cross mapping not as powerful with a lot of hopefully unintended side effects like, you know, bullets randomly missing in some situations. Why they don't just reduce aim assist and let the inadequacies of a controller take over at a distance I'll never know. Unless this is just the direction they're going in so they can try to balance console and PC together in the future rather than separately (huge mistake if that is ever attempted).

• Upvote (+1) 2

That rumored LG team went from remarkably "meh" in terms of personality to probably a fan favorite. Ola is Ola, and Bubu is like a modern version of Ola. When the "least likeable" guy is a teenage Saiyan, your team will be a fan favorite.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, they seem to agree that there’s been too much redundancy in the sandbox, and that weapons should have unique roles- which is good.

But they also think that differentiating similar weapons by making them luck based beyond RRR, is a good example of creating niche roles- which is obviously bad.

I just can't wrap my head around why they want to add random spread but then use magnetism to alleviate it somewhat. It seems like a super convoluted solution to making cross mapping not as powerful with a lot of hopefully unintended side effects like, you know, bullets randomly missing in some situations. Why they don't just reduce aim assist and let the inadequacies of a controller take over at a distance I'll never know. Unless this is just the direction they're going in so they can try to balance console and PC together in the future rather than separately (huge mistake if that is ever attempted).

https://twitter.com/pardontomfrench/status/858419268072820736?s=17

I love the Magnum - one of my all-time favorite Halo franchise weapons. Really satisfying to shoot. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Look at all these terrible puns 343bola is bringing out of us by delaying this TO announcement. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hecz vlog today offers some behind the scenes footage of Dr Disrespect winning Streamer of the year if you guys are interested.

Edit: why you no embed

• Upvote (+1) 7

Appreciate ya. Did I do something wrong?

Two easy ways to embed a YouTube vid...

• Hit the 'Special BBCode' icon when adding a link (next to your font choice dropdown).  Select 'media' then paste your link and it will format it for you.
  • Manually do the above by using an open and closing [media] tag around your URL

Example:

[media]PASTE URL HERE[/media]
  • Upvote (+1) 7