CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anyone else miss the old Eden power up placements? Obviously there’s a balance issue but the assymetry was very refreshing. Just spawn the power ups 2 minutes into the game instead of at the start and that would be perfect

• Upvote (+1) 2

With that said, I think it's still going to be BR starts lmfao

@@Igs cubanex you're confusing people saying they "don't care what it is" as being for it.

why would the pros even allow that?  just scrim with pistol starts and 343 will get the message.

lthey removed breakout when all the pros refused to play it

why would the pros even allow that? just scrim with pistol starts and 343 will get the message.

lthey removed breakout when all the pros refused to play it

Because a lot of pros like BR starts, they even play 8s with them. It gets Snipedown all fuzzy inside playing with a BR.

This is kinda off topic but I think one of my favorite moments in Halo 5 is when Flamesword and Maniac were trying to qualify for Regionals in the last chance qualifier cup and Lethul is in Maniac's twitch chat while they were playing Regret and he was "coaching" from the chat. That was so funny. Lethul was typing so fast.

Because a lot of pros like BR starts, they even play 8s with them. It gets Snipedown all fuzzy inside playing with a BR.

1) They're testing a change of pace, and this is something 343 has come up with. Is the game not stale as fuck for you? 343's wants their feedback, so they need to test it.

2) Snipedown was saying he liked it the first day of testing, that's not very much to go off of when jumping to conclusions is it? Even then, he stated the main reason he liked it was for a change of pace. Can't really blame him.

• Upvote (+1) 2

1) They're testing a change of pace, and this is something 343 has come up with. Is the game not stale as fuck for you? 343's wants their feedback, so they need to test it.

2) Snipedown was saying he liked it the first day of testing, that's not very much to go off of when jumping to conclusions is it? Even then, he stated the main reason he liked it was for a change of pace. Can't really blame him.

No reason to test something that is objectively bad, we already have tested the “tuned BR” and is garbage, no point in making it the starting weapon. Oh well I guess a lot of people like to have longer kill times and more teamshooting
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1) They're testing a change of pace, and this is something 343 has come up with. Is the game not stale as fuck for you? 343's wants their feedback, so they need to test it.

If the game is stale, how exactly does changing the starting weapon to a complete piece of garbage improve that situation in the slightest? Short attention spans abound. Might as well switch HCS to Fiesta starts. That'll keep the kiddies entertained.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If the game is stale, how exactly does changing the starting weapon to a complete piece of garbage improve that situation in the slightest? Short attention spans abound. Might as well switch HCS to Fiesta starts. That'll keep the kiddies entertained.

We have to “test” storm rifles start, we can’t be sure untill we test it, and the only way we can do it is by replacing the only competitive playlist with it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

With that said, I think it's still going to be BR starts lmfao

@@Igs cubanex you're confusing people saying they "don't care what it is" as being for it.

TBH, as long as you guys are vocal about why you prefer Magnum starts I think it will give 343 a better idea of what competitive players want in a starting weapon. Hopefully a second patch can come out incorporating the new feedback, but at the very least they'll have a better understanding going into the next game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We have to “test” storm rifles start, we can’t be sure untill we test it, and the only way we can do it is by replacing the only competitive playlist with it.

Still laughing about the fact that they revisited utterly pointless weapons like the Gunfighter Magnum, while the storm rifle and BPR are still basically the best weapons in the game. lmao. What a time to be alive.

343 will announce it's own in-house TO.

Actually thats a very plausible theory.

Microsoft may actually set up a first party TO to try and rival Activision's (and basically Sony's) baby which is MLG, and therefore possibly something tied into Mixer, like MLG.tv is the streaming service for MLG.

Edit: It also seems Microsoft has opened a Mixer Studio in New York. Could be a possible location for the NA regionals.

• Upvote (+1) 2

HCS barely had enough employees when they were allowing ESL to do most of the leg work. There is no way they are making their own TO.

Watching Cntra stream, Lunchbox is online and playing Halo .

My sources are telling me that he is also drinking water right now.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think every pro is in a similar mindset where we'd prefer a magnum change, but feel like BR's are being pushed harder.

At least from who I've spoken to about it, which isn't a lot of them to be fair.

What kind of magnum change do pro's want?

Showing it doing something once doesn't show anything.

For the record, you can easily go replicate this a thousand times. There isn't any random spread there due to the magnetism. Spent a half hour testing this after I saw that tweet

Anyone who wants BR starts at this point just blindly wants a meta change for the sake of it. Add oddball and make other small changes. There is nothing wrong with magnum starts.

Magnum starts > BR starts as it stands now. 

That said, Magnum is far from perfect. Still needs less magnetism.

My sources are telling me that he is also drinking water right now.

I would imagine that with no team Lunchbox would have retired, and he wouldn’t be playing Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Magnum needs less bullet magnestism and a faster right of fire. Pretty simple stuff..

Now about that storm rifle..

• Upvote (+1) 3