CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

you guys assume 343 has already locked down a new TO. maybe theyre still working on it

maybe theyre still working on it? They should have been working on it 4 months ago! 

GIVE US TO. GIVE US TO. GIVE US TO. GIVE US FIRST EVENT. GIVE US TO

Cannot believe some of you guys are giving 343 shit about taking out HCS and replacing it with a Oddball Test playlist. Its gonna be there for what? 2 weeks max? This is the best way to test new game types for HCS. AS OF RIGHT NOW THERE ARE NO "OFFICIAL HCS SETTINGS" So please stop crying about how there wont be a HCS setting playlist.

Some of you will literally BITCH about anything & everything.

This cant be a social playlist, the population cant take another Ranked playlist for HCS Oddball, there is barely enough for HCS in already.

So just relax HCS will be back in no time and hopefully it will have Oddball in it.

I mean, you aren't wrong...but the reason people are complaining is that many players don't enjoy any other current ranked playlist other than HCS. It has nothing to do with then being "official" gametypes or not, more about actually playing something that is enjoyable. But yes, people are prob overreacting over something that will revert to what it was in a couple weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Holy shit dude, some people have a hell of a short memory. Weren't we pushing for a Magnum buff the last two years? Remember that until this "update" the Magnum was the worst gun in the entire sandbox? But now that the BR is back to H3 levels of consistency, the Magnum is suddely "extremely easy to use" and has "insane magnetism". The fuck? Just because the DMR and BR no longer give automatic aimbots to the user doesn't mean we have to settle for shitty loadout weapons. Do you actually like spawning with the worst weapon in the game and getting repeatedly destroyed by people who pick up free upgrades? Like, who cares if the map pickups don't give free killing sprees anymore, that's IMO a good thing.

The only redeeming qualities the BR has are nostalgia and "change for the sake of variety". Yes it might have lower magnetism (it probably hasn't, can we see some evidence of this please), but that doesn't matter as long as it has spread that fucks people over and still allows people to sweep their BR across the screen for the headshot. And on top of that it has a 0.2 longer perfect kill time than the Magnum, mind you in a game that has an insane amount of combat evasion abilities and maps littered with cover to prolong gunfights. Spawning with this new BR will lead to the slowest Halo since default Reach. I don't want to see or play that shit.

Are you people forgetting that the Sniper Rifle, Brute Plasma Rifle, Light Rifle and the motherfucking Storm Rifle are now stronger than ever? Spawning with an inaccuarate pea shooter will lead to even more uneven gun fights and checkmate scenarios. Again, this might be something you enjoy, but this is IMO why H5's sandbox is widely considered absolute thrash.

And of course, the age old adapt! argument. "No bloom, no skill" amirite?

Jesus dude I’m talking about a video game not your mother

• Downvote (-1) 10

Halo 1 had a great console aiming system, it made console aiming nonetheless.

The magnum had a good amount of aim assist but very low bullet magnetism. On top of that, it had lead that increased by range. With a fast strafe and good crouch, hitting shots was mostly about predicting where your enemy will move next, not about who could abuse auto aim and bullet magnetism the best.

Holding a reticle on someone with console joystick aiming and auto aim is laughable. The real solution to all this crap was making the pistol a 4 shot kill while reducing bullet magnetism and increasing red reticle range while zoomed in. The perfect kill time needed to be reduced while the average kill time increased.

Very dissapointed BR starts with recoil and spread is returning. We were so close to having a good starting weapon with a few more tweaks. Especially dissapointed when good pros are in favor of having to be more team dependent. How people enjoy their personal skill being dependent on their teammates is beyond me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They're replacing the HCS playlist with a HWC Oddball preview one for a while soon, so seems like we're getting Oddball, but while Oddball is up for testing you can't play other HCS modes in matchmaking.

Yea still doesn't confirm new maps though. We got new sandbox changes and a gametype but the maps are the same still. But maybe they'll have a special Oddball map who knows.

Anyone who wants BR starts at this point just blindly wants a meta change for the sake of it. Add oddball and make other small changes. There is nothing wrong with magnum starts.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I think every pro is against BR starts after playing with it more, and I don't think anyone was every really "for" it, it was just kind of refreshing to play at first.

Snipedown was/is Pro BR, and a bunch of other pros were talking in Twitter for it.

343 will announce it's own in-house TO.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if some Microsoft thing is the TO. I was watching one of the kinda funny games videos and they were reading something about microsoft and it said something about becoming more involved in esports. 

With that said, I think it's still going to be BR starts lmfao

@@Igs cubanex you're confusing people saying they "don't care what it is" as being for it.

When 343 asked the pros for new setting what did the majority said ?

When 343 asked the pros for new setting what did the majority said ?

343 hasn't spoken to us all directly yet, I think they're using this test playlist as the first sample for feedback.

I've spoken with people, but nothing was outright asked, just kind of in limbo with settings right now.

343 hasn't spoken to us all directly yet, I think they're using this test playlist as the first sample for feedback.

I've spoken with people, but nothing was outright asked, just kind of in limbo with settings right now.

Gotcha. I’m concerned that pros might reinforce the idea that BR starts are good.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Want to know why H3 was such a competitive game? Because the game and weapons forced map progression, if you had a teammate sitting top center on narrows with a BR spawn watching cannon, he was actually useles. Imagine having the H5 BR watching cannon in H3, literally a free perfect every time. Now imagine the tuning BR? Well, if he does perfect him, HOLY SHOTS and man I bet that felt good! Just food for thought

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gotcha. I’m concerned that pros might reinforce the idea that BR starts are good.

I think every pro is in a similar mindset where we'd prefer a magnum change, but feel like BR's are being pushed harder.

At least from who I've spoken to about it, which isn't a lot of them to be fair.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think every pro is in a similar mindset where we'd prefer a magnum change, but feel like BR's are being pushed harder.

At least from who I've spoken to about it, which isn't a lot of them to be fair.

Oh well, seems like 343 has already made their mind. I’m very disappointed since we made a lot of progress since season 1, and now season 3 is going to undo everything.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really like how they adjusted nades, Rail Gun and Grenade Launcher. Those are all positives.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really like how they adjusted nades, Rail Gun and Grenade Launcher. Those are all positives.

Carbine and DMR are both good changes too IMO

• Upvote (+1) 3

We'll see. I just want new gametypes, some good forge maps thrown in, and maybe a rethink on Strongholds. I've been saying unlimited score and 10 minutes would make SH so much better.

The only change I’ll make to SH is making that if someone is contesting the Hill the game shouldn’t end, the same with CTF if someone has the flag out the game shouldn’t end untill the flags are at home.
  • Upvote (+1) 2