CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

HuntTheTruth Campaign was so fkn good idk how people aren't mentioning it. Then we all witnessed the flop that was the actual campaign.

I remember  wondering two years  ago ' Why should I care about this useless team that is hunting down Master Chief? ' , little did I know that the MP would straight up take me out of the Halo series.

I dont think any of those games sold less than what was to be reasonably expected.

Prey had a long marketing cycle and it sold the worst out of all of them. It was first announced well over a year in advance. I remember being hyped for that game but then it took so long to come out that I was over it.

Destiny 2 is another great example of a short, intense marketing cycle that paid off in a huge way.

The Prey reboot was announced less than a year before it shipped. What hurt that one is the fact that Prey 2 looked cool but got cancelled 2 years earlier, and the fact that they named the game Prey even though they could've named it anything else. All other games should have sold more(considering the quality & the fact that ALL of them lately are reboots and sequels that have sold (much) worse than the previous installments), there's no argument against that, maybe only for Wolfenstein considering the installment before that was subpar, making people less likely to buy another one.

Destiny 2 should sell more than Destiny 1, because of it launching on PC and it being a highly anticipated sequel(much like Skyrim & Fallout 4.)

Anyways, back to the HCS, if Splyce truly has broken up and the Renegade - Shotzzy - Eco - Stellur team is true, are they going to be TL or Splyce?  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of Ohioans on these forums. Toledo native here. 

I'm tired of you Californians lying about where you're from.

The west coast is the hub of competitive Halo.

Stop being so fucking deceitful.

• Upvote (+1) 6

2RrR2Ns.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

The Prey reboot was announced less than a year before it shipped. What hurt that one is the fact that Prey 2 looked cool but got cancelled 2 years earlier, and the fact that they named the game Prey even though they could've named it anything else. All other games should have sold more(considering the quality & the fact that ALL of them lately are reboots and sequels that have sold (much) worse than the previous installments), there's no argument against that, maybe only for Wolfenstein considering the installment before that was subpar, making people less likely to buy another one.

Destiny 2 should sell more than Destiny 1, because of it launching on PC and it being a highly anticipated sequel(much like Skyrim & Fallout 4.)

Anyways, back to the HCS, if Splyce truly has broken up and the Renegade - Shotzzy - Eco - Stellur team is true, are they going to be TL or Splyce? :thinking:

Prey was announced at e3 2016 and launched may 2017. Nearly a full year. Which is roughly double the length of time compared to games like fallout 4 and destiny 2.

The second statement has to be a troll. The west coast hasnt sold out an entire tournament. I remember 2007 meadowlands open passes selling out in minutes. The first west coast event that year might have had 130 teams. The devs are usually considered west coast, not the player base.

Pros 1 year ago: "These close range fights are not Halo! We need more long range engagements!"

Pros today: "These long range fights are too easy! We need more close range engagements!"

• Upvote (+1) 9

I have no idea what is up with 343 and their marketing team.  The damn LG skins were in game for only like 1 day, its almost like they dont want them to sell. Not many casual players (whats left of them) are gonna dig through the dashboard to find and buy them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have no idea what is up with 343 and their marketing team. The damn LG skins were in game for only like 1 day, its almost like they dont want them to sell. Not many casual players (whats left of them) are gonna dig through the dashboard to find and buy them.

What would possess you to think a casual halo player will be buying LG skins lol?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have no idea what is up with 343 and their marketing team.  The damn LG skins were in game for only like 1 day, its almost like they dont want them to sell. Not many casual players (whats left of them) are gonna dig through the dashboard to find and buy them.

Its a big UI issue honestly.  All the the prior skins should be available and easy to find in the in-game interface but all they have is one big scrolly-bar with giant icons of gold req pack bundles. Fix the interface, then this isn't a problem and they can all be present all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Its a big UI issue honestly.  All the the prior skins should be available and easy to find in the in-game interface but all they have is one big scrolly-bar with giant icons of gold req pack bundles. Fix the interface, then this isn't a problem and they can all be present all the time.

That would require 343 to make a good UI

• Upvote (+1) 5

What would possess you to think a casual halo player will be buying LG skins lol?

The overlap between casuals and completists is huge

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 5's UI is sleek and got the job done at launch but it just did not age well and is another thing that 343 should not have left completely abandoned for two years.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo 5's UI is sleek and got the job done at launch but it just did not age well and is another thing that 343 should not have left completely abandoned for two years.

You would hope this means they have been hard at work getting H6 ready instead, but all signs point to the opposite ATM. If H6 doesn't come out next year then seriously a large number of people at 343 should not have jobs like Multi said