CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can you really "retire" from something you're not making a living from?

I'm being intentionally semantic here.

yes

Most lately Prey flopped, right? Dishonored 2 also sold much less than it should have if I remember correctly, TEW2 is selling (much) less than the first one so far despite being a much better game, Wolfenstein TNO & Doom 2016 sold ok, but should have sold much more. Wolf TOB didn't do too hot.

Which is a shame because I love all of those games and they deserve better.

I dont think any of those games sold less than what was to be reasonably expected.

Prey had a long marketing cycle and it sold the worst out of all of them. It was first announced well over a year in advance. I remember being hyped for that game but then it took so long to come out that I was over it.

Destiny 2 is another great example of a short, intense marketing cycle that paid off in a huge way.

I dont think any of those games sold less than what was to be reasonably expected.

Prey had a long marketing cycle and it sold the worst out of all of them. It was first announced well over a year in advance. I remember being hyped for that game but then it took so long to come out that I was over it.

Destiny 2 is another great example of a short, intense marketing cycle that paid off in a huge way.

Agree, I was honestly tired of hearing about Halo 5 by the time it came out, and I'm obviously a fan of the series

I mean halo 5 was always gonna suffer coming from the same dev who delivered mcc and halo 4. I dont know if the marketing can be blamed. Iirc halo 3 had a pretty intense and fairly long marketing campaign. The believe commercial is still one of my favorites

• Upvote (+1) 2

HuntTheTruth Campaign was so fkn good idk how people aren't mentioning it. Then we all witnessed the flop that was the actual campaign.

heh

I will never get over the fact that the only good thing 343, a video game developer studio has done is an audio series

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean halo 5 was always gonna suffer coming from the same dev who delivered mcc and halo 4. I dont know if the marketing can be blamed. Iirc halo 3 had a pretty intense and fairly long marketing campaign. The believe commercial is still one of my favorites

That's probably my favorite commercial for a video game ever. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuRvqbNWwz4

Ya, I agree.

I personally like this new wave of short marketing cycles because it means we have to endure a much smaller amount of games that get announced super early on and then get cancelled.

If a game is announced 6 months before its release date you can be confident that the game is actually going to come out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It works both ways though. A spread weapon requires you to keep your reticle on someone for more than a second, but also allows you to be less accurate because you can drag your shots or adjust mid shot.

It doesn't require less accuracy.It makes it easier to do some damage but much harder to do full damage

If the magnetism and aim assist are neglible then this works really well at making the weapon unique and difficult to use at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

HuntTheTruth Campaign was so fkn good idk how people aren't mentioning it. Then we all witnessed the flop that was the actual campaign.

Me and my Cousin were fucking obsessed with Hunt The Truth. 

Me and my Cousin were fucking obsessed with Hunt The Truth.

Key from Key and Peele. Robin Sparkles. Hunt the Truth had everything!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Still makes me hard.

As an Ohioan, I do not share this great state with people of your sick nature.

Well this certainly devolved quickly didn't it. Guess that enough TB for tonight. Damn toxic Halo community.  :kappa:  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well this certainly devolved quickly didn't it. Guess that enough TB for tonight. Damn toxic Halo community.  :kappa:  :simms:

I'd rather you stay here where we can keep an eye on you.

• Upvote (+1) 6

wow I'm pumped to see you guys reppin Ohio. I'm in Findlay. hype

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this is true it's gonna be a serious problem for Halo content creators. It's already incredibly dry as it is right now, with no Halo game next year whatsoever it's gonna be nigh on impossible to retain viewership.

Are halo content creators even a real thing?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's really quite a shame that only two HCS events have been held in Columbus.

It has such a rich Halo history that 343 is completely ignoring. (hell just the east coast in general)