CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm not going to post an opinion on BR starts vs Pistol starts but I would like to address the argument of changing things to "bring in casuals".

Even if stuff like AR starts earlier in the game brought in more casuals, are we so eager to support "competitive halo" that we are willing to make it less and less competitive to bring in more people? It kind of seems to defeat the point and it makes it seem like people just want a game with the name "Halo" to succeed more than they want the game to be competitive. I can obviously understand a pro player or someone who wants to go pro in Halo having this attitude because it supports their livelihood but I imagine that's not most of us.

Halo 6 HAS to be next year. There is no way H5 survives 2 more years

Halo needs to shift towards classic gameplay and ship in the Spring otherwise it’ll continue to get drowned out by other fall/winter shooters.

March 2019 - Calling it

Well now Spartan joined them. Also, Snipedown said Ola left and didnt get dropped.

Oh boy now we're talking.

Why is there ANY bullet magnetism outside of RRR?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 6 HAS to be next year. There is no way H5 survives 2 more years

Especially if they can’t find a fix for “Heavy aim”. Haven’t seen anyone say Xbox One X fixes this problem yet. Contra said it still exists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not going to post an opinion on BR starts vs Pistol starts but I would like to address the argument of changing things to "bring in casuals".

Even if stuff like AR starts earlier in the game brought in more casuals, are we so eager to support "competitive halo" that we are willing to make it less and less competitive to bring in more people? It kind of seems to defeat the point and it makes it seem like people just want a game with the name "Halo" to succeed more than they want the game to be competitive. I can obviously understand a pro player or someone who wants to go pro in Halo having this attitude because it supports their livelihood but I imagine that's not most of us.

Your point is well taken here, but the response it's begging for is: "yeah ... but Halo 4." If the game population dies the competitive scene dies. We may all want a competitive game, but that depends on both the game and the scene around it. To have the most competitive game possible there need to be a lot of people playing it and watching it and supporting it. Let's remember the role that crow-funded REQs had in the HWC for Halo 5 ... we would have seen much smaller prize pools without that, and let's not pretend it wasn't mostly Warzone kids paying for that. 

I don't disagree with you personally but there's a valid argument on the other side too. My own take on it is usually to point to Halos 1-3 and say "hey look, casual enjoyment and super high levels of competition can coexist just fine." They're not mutually exclusive, it's just hard to do both. 

Your point is well taken here, but the response it's begging for is: "yeah ... but Halo 4." If the game population dies the competitive scene dies. We may all want a competitive game, but that depends on both the game and the scene around it. To have the most competitive game possible there need to be a lot of people playing it and watching it and supporting it. Let's remember the role that crow-funded REQs had in the HWC for Halo 5 ... we would have seen much smaller prize pools without that, and let's not pretend it wasn't mostly Warzone kids paying for that. 

I don't disagree with you personally but there's a valid argument on the other side too. My own take on it is usually to point to Halos 1-3 and say "hey look, casual enjoyment and super high levels of competition can coexist just fine." They're not mutually exclusive, it's just hard to do both.

Well, the game population died for Halo 4 because it was rarely fun for casual or competitive players. It wasn't a matter of whether the base game was pretty good and just needed a couple of tweaks; the game itself was just bad for most people.

We can have stuff like crowd-funded REQs and Warzone playlists and any sort of casual playlist you can name without interfering with the competitiveness of the competitive playlist. However, of the developers and community are insistent on watering down the competitive scene then I'm not sure what appeal it has to me.

Might actually be worth getting the X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMqhO4cs09w

It's nice, not mind blowing but certainly nice. It's hard to explain but everything is just super sharp but the textures are so flat and boring it really doesn't show off what's going on. It does make me pretty excited for H6.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it on here yet, but COD WWII on the X actually is mind blowing. To me COD WWII on the X is what "next gen" was supposed to be years ago. That game with the 4k update has a lot of textures going on and they're super sharp. First night it kind of made my eyes hurt there was so much to take in.

• Upvote (+1) 3

With the local server app, can you run multiple lobby's from the one server or is it like when you join a server you are in the lobby?

Halo 6 is not next year lol 2 more years minimum

You never know, I kinda prefer the Bethesda / Fallout 4 route of announcing at E3 and releasing in the Fall. Look at what happened to Halo 5 and poncho chief. Nothing came from it and was announced really early.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 6 is not next year lol 2 more years minimum

I'm afraid you're right. Judging by the shuffle and the now hiring page we've seen, it looks like 343 is running a skeleton crew and a confused one at that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You never know, I kinda prefer the Bethesda / Fallout 4 route of announcing at E3 and releasing in the Fall. Look at what happened to Halo 5 and poncho chief. Nothing came from it and was announced really early.

I think MS is done with the lengthy announce-release cycle. Lessons learned from Poncho Chief, scalebound, and crackdown.

We won't see H6 until the MP beta is eminent.