CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Kinda like Beach LAN 5.5 but with new players? I would love for that to happen but it would be tricky because it seems like the newer players are more likely to back out last minute for stuff like this.

That's a good reason too. I went over a few in the h5 thread a while back. Time/money is a large factor. Even if you had it would you want to spend vacation time to LAN? There are tons of valid reasons. If there are new players out there that are interested, they have to start somewhere. Yes there are very skilled players there that would beat me 100s in a row, but there's also 40 other players there that can be mixed around to have fun series. BL5 I played walker and unit probably the most and no matter who I teamed with it was a ton of fun and very close.

Skill barrier is certainly an issue but depending on how motivated someone is to play and learn, Beach LAN is a hyperbolic time chamber of improvement. I learned more there in a week than I did in the previous decade.

That’s true for us. I learned an insane amount there too, just like Dman’s VA LAN. But you need a pretty high baseline knowledge to even have fun games with the lowest tier at BL. Randoms on Hang Em, top spawns on Dere, camo nades on Dammy, every spawn on Priz, when/how to quick camo, etc. I knew ALL of that going into BL5, and I was still barely able to compete. I had good games with Unit, Walker and Seen...and that’s about it. Coming in with any less knowledge and experience would likely only frustrate the attendees and lead to a bad time. People would legitimately need to do homework and train to be ready to attend if they don’t get to LAN good players regularly.

A bootcamp LAN for new/intermediate players where the good players are expected to team with the bad ones and teach them...that’d be valuable to the scene. You know how McDick sent out the survey asking attendees to rate the players afterwards to get a consensus of who the current top players are? You could do the same thing for a bootcamp LAN with catagories like “Best Teacher” and “Most Improved”.

holy fuck bo4 looks like such a cluster fuck, I hope 343 don't do the same with Halo and make it more simple instead of more random ass shit. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

1) way too much shit going on

2) Way too many bad haircuts

• Upvote (+1) 8

either crowd mics are turned down or people arent that excited by this. it looks pretty generic tbh

mods spamming PogChamp trying to manipulate chat mentallity is probably the saddest thing ever

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

whats sad is that we'll shit on the excess addons, roles, and mechanics of this game, but in reality this is probably a preview of h6

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

either crowd mics are turned down or people arent that excited by this. it looks pretty generic tbh

I mean... Should they be excited for an annual reveal?

I mean... Should they be excited for an annual reveal?

after how disappointing ww2 was, i would hope bo4 would be good enough to get ppl excited, but it does show the flaw of annual releases. even if bo4 was perfect in every way, another dev will release a new game next year 

• Upvote (+1) 1

thruster, ground pound, hardlight shield ... battle royale?  what is going on

I don't think Fortnite has anything to worry about but I'm down to try it. I like the idea of them mashing up together past BO games to create it. 

Now 343, where's Halo's BR mode? I'd seriously play the shit out of that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Isn't this event mostly for games press? Usually the people cheering and making lots of noise are non-games press people. I don't really know much about this event so I could easily be wrong.

Isn't this event mostly for games press? Usually the people cheering and making lots of noise are non-games press people. I don't really know much about this event so I could easily be wrong.

Community reveal event. And hey, press can cheer too, we've seen it before when certain things have shown up/been announced.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Might be in the minority around here but I'm fairly excited for BO4. Typically COD multiplayer trailers are super gimmicky.

The "idea" of having to actively heal and learn spray control sounds promising.

BR mode was expected. Lets hope it isn't terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm going to be real with you chief.... I'm only spending $60 for that battle Royale mode. I don't want Black ops 3 v2 lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was expecting nothing from the BO4 reveal and I was still disappointed. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1