CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's not people being defensive, it's people responding to your pretentious attitude about something that's entirely subjective.

Ah, the magic of the popular opinion forum circle-jerk. You have no contribution whatsoever to make to the discussion, but you called me pretentious, so the tribe rewards you with rep. lmao. I made an observation about the series backed up with reasoning and evidence and people are apparently too butt-mad about it to even recognize that they have no counterpoints to make. Your post is consistent with that trend.

"Borderlands has terrible shooting mechanics."

"Yeah, well, uh, it's really funny and I like the characters and it has co-op."

OK? The shooting mechanics are still awful for the long, long list of reasons I provided.

I'm not going to qualify every vaguely subjective statement I make with "imo" and pat everyone on the back for their great opinions just because a bunch of ADULTS on an internet forum can't handle disagreement. This tiresome "that's just your opinion, man" internet argument cliche is just an excuse for people with weak positions and poorly considered opinions to avoid addressing that fact by playing rhetorical games and making the discussion a matter of personal character.

"Hehe. You might have had a point, but you were too MEAN and didn't say IMO enough. Checkmate, elitist!"

Opinions are not created equal. "Subjective" doesn't mean everyone is right, but the fact that pretty much all of these responses have been about anything but the actual substance of my position, suggests that I am, in fact, 100% correct. If I weren't, counter-arguments would look something like "I think the SHOOTING MECHANICS of Borderlands are actually good for these reasons:" followed by a list of things that aren't completely unrelated to the shooting mechanics of Borderlands.

low IQ meme

I think it's pretty clear why you think Borderlands has good writing. And I literally started this discussion by saying that RAGE has great shooting mechanics. lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 12

It's just too bad for me to get past. That and all the bullet spread. Meh aiming I can deal with but when it's that bad in a game where I'm constantly shooting I can't do it. I get all the other stuff but I'm glad people can at least agree on the aiming lol.

Yeah, i can see that.  If the game was PvP, there is no way in hell i could have played it.  Same reason I stay away from Far Cry 5's PvP.  the aiming is fine for campaign (and better than borderlands by a mile), but for PvP its unplayable.

Holy shit this guy is delusional

Nice, dude. No arguments and more personal attacks. Welcome to the tribe.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not so random though of the day:

Way more publishers need to do cross-buy and cross-play.  They all have their own little DRM launchers that you can link to various accounts and you can link Steam to other launchers, so it shouldn't be that difficult.  Hell, I would be willing to pay another 10$ to have a second copy on my xbox/PC for example, even if i was only allowed to use one at a time. No way in hell i'm paying full price again though.  That is one thing that Microsoft is doing right, but I don't think you see it gaining much traction because the Microsoft first party portfolio sucks and the Microsoft store exclusivity sucks.  If they had a deeper first party portfolio and allowed steam sales with microsoft store integration, you would see it take off (at least a hell of a lot more than it has).

I'm not a fan of PC/Console crossplay as far as shooters are concerned.  For actually competitive shooters it's just not a good idea.

Nothing against cross-buy...though I think if you're not releasing your game on steam in 2018 you're doing something wrong.  Also have to mention that games for windows live and the microsoft store were/are colossal failures.

Oh man yeah, Microsoft first party is awful.  The Xbox One literally only has around seven exclusives and none of them are anything worthwhile, and they've effectively tanked their flagship franchise.  Nintendo has used Mario for everything, I don't see why Microsoft can't put out a low budget classic Halo game among a wider variety of Halo titles.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nice, dude. No arguments and more personal attacks. Welcome to the tribe.

Remember when I asked you a couple times about why someone who promotes proper competitive FPS on a Halo website seemingly has no interest in attending Beach LAN?

I mean you can just cherry pick and respond to insults if that is the kind of discussion you prefer. The way you post often seems to invite that anyway so maybe that's all you're really looking for. It was cool to see others respond with valid points even though I asked you specifically.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm not a fan of PC/Console crossplay as far as shooters are concerned.  For actually competitive shooters it's just not a good idea.

Nothing against cross-buy...though I think if you're not releasing your game on steam in 2018 you're doing something wrong.  Also have to mention that games for windows live and the microsoft store were/are colossal failures.

Oh man yeah, Microsoft first party is awful.  The Xbox One literally only has around seven exclusives and none of them are anything worthwhile, and they've effectively tanked their flagship franchise.  Nintendo has used Mario for everything, I don't see why Microsoft can't put out a low budget classic Halo game among a wider variety of Halo titles.

Yeah, true i guess i should have qualified that a bit.  I am ok with cross play for social.  NEVER for ranked, thats just booty.  Or for any competitively minded playlists at all really. you should only be able to play that kind of stuff against the same platform.  But for social, PvE, campaign co-op etc i think crossplay is great.  I was thinking that because of the Borderlands discussion.  I would love to be able to get it on PC and play with my friends that only have an Xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would cut that in half. 5 business days or less. More than that its not "Soon" anymore, its "in a while"

Totally arbitrary definitions that i made up on the spot. All days are business days. "...or less" is implied:

Imminent - 24 hours

shortly - 3 days

soon - 5 days

in a while - 10 days

I don’t disagree, and they should certainly strive for 5 days, the extra 5 would be wiggle room for unforeseen circumstances.

Ah, the magic of the popular opinion forum circle-jerk. You have no contribution whatsoever to make to the discussion, but you called me pretentious, so the tribe rewards you with rep. lmao. I made an observation about the series backed up with reasoning and evidence and people are apparently too butt-mad about it to even recognize that they have no counterpoints to make. Your post is consistent with that trend.

Correct, I'm not going to argue with someone who argues from the position of "my opinion is right, the rest of you are obviously stupid for not sharing my opinion." Take away your condescension and maybe, JUST maybe, people would be willing to debate with you on the topic. There are others conveying differing opinions without the asshole tone that you always have.

Thank you for reinforcing my point, by the way. You couldn't have responded any more perfectly.

This will be my last response to the brave men of the Team Beyond Forum Tone Police, TBFTP for short.

You seem to be missing the point.

Actually, I'm not. I am fully aware of the fact that the Team Beyond ingroup is more interested in patting themselves on the back while they talk shit about the perceived tone of my forum posts than they are in engaging in any good faith conversation about what I actually said. Frame it however you want. It's self-serving, childish bullshit from a bunch of ADULTS on an internet forum desperate for group validation. This is elementary school playground behavior, but the key differences is that most of you are in your 30s, so it's just pathetic.

You have no moral high ground. You are all playing up this fake, circle-jerk outrage about the TONE of some forum posts SOLELY because you want group validation as largely manifested by forum plus rep. Just think about that for a bit.

Correct, I'm not going to argue with someone who argues from the position of "my opinion is right, the rest of you are obviously stupid for not sharing my opinion." Take away your condescension and maybe, JUST maybe, people would be willing to debate with you on the topic. There are others conveying differing opinions without the asshole tone that you always have.

Thank you for reinforcing my point, by the way. You couldn't have responded any more perfectly.

My point continues to go over your head while you continue to make absolutely no contribution to this discussion. Nice of you to use quotations marks for your transparent misrepresentation of my argument, though. If you were interested in addressing what I've actually said, you would have referred to a real quote instead of making up a nice little straw man. It's fairly typical behavior of sycophants like yourself who have no interest whatsoever in a discussion. Tone policing is deflection at best. It is a fallacy and rhetorical tactic for avoiding the actual argument, usually because your position is weak and you know it.

The only people having problems with differing opinions are lemmings like you who are incapable of engaging in good faith with an unpopular opinion outside of the hive mind. I don't care that people have different opinions. I welcome that. What pisses me off are dumb-asses who hop into a discussion like this just to establish their pathetic sense of moral superiority by talking shit for plus rep. And that's what the majority of these responses have been: tone policing, character judgement, and personal attacks solely because I didn't take a submissive position, tell everyone their opinions are super awesome, and grovel to the majority before voicing an unpopular opinion supported by evidence.

I'm not going to do that, no matter how many of you assert your beta ingroup status by patently refusing to respond to the substance anything I've actually said. You don't care about the topic itself. You care about looking good to your internet forum pals. Which is why your responses have been 100% ad hominem and you continue to come up with excuses (my tone) to avoid going near the argument. It's pathetic.

What's your opinion on this topic? Who fucking knows? All you've done is talk shit about ME. Your posts are transparently self-serving and you have no spine.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Can someone shut this guy up? He's doing nothing but post text walls about how great he is and how stupid everyone else is.  No one wants to come onto a forum and read that.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Remember when I asked you a couple times about why someone who promotes proper competitive FPS on a Halo website seemingly has no interest in attending Beach LAN?

I mean you can just cherry pick and respond to insults if that is the kind of discussion you prefer. The way you post often seems to invite that anyway so maybe that's all you're really looking for. It was cool to see others respond with valid points even though I asked you specifically.

I guess I just don't know what you want me to say to that. lol. It's great that you guys love that game so much and care enough to keep its extremely small competitive scene going. More power to you. I'm sure you have a great time every year and I hope this year's Beach LAN is the best yet.

That said, I think I've been fairly clear that I'm not really that interested in competition on consoles at this point and if I were going to a LAN it would probably not be for  a 17-year-old 30 FPS console game. Beyond that, I just don't think I'm ever going to put the time into that particular title necessary to get even half decent at it, which makes going to a LAN event kind of pointless, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can someone shut this guy up? He's doing nothing but post text walls about how great he is and how stupid everyone else is.  No one wants to come onto a forum and read that.

I literally have not done that once. Maybe fucking read what was posted before joining in the circle-jerk? Have you ever considered actually using your brain for a few seconds?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 10

I guess I just don't know what you want me to say to that. lol. It's great that you guys love that game so much and care enough to keep its extremely small competitive scene going. More power to you. I'm sure you have a great time every year and I hope this year's Beach LAN is the best yet.

That said, I think I've been fairly clear that I'm not really that interested in competition on consoles at this point and if I were going to a LAN it would probably not be for  a 17-year-old 30 FPS console game. Beyond that, I just don't think I'm ever going to put the time into that particular title necessary to get even half decent at it, which makes going to a LAN event kind of pointless, IMO.

so...why you are on a forum dedicated to a competitive console shooter

• Upvote (+1) 8

Someone resorting to personal attacks?

On the internet???

No... How could that be?

:Toxic:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone resorting to personal attacks?

On the internet???

No... How could that be?

:Toxic:

I'm shocked....SHOCKED

• Upvote (+1) 2

The sooner you guys can wrap your feeble minds around the fact that FPS should only be played on supercomputers w/ kbm, the sooner we can get back to meaniful competitive halo discussion.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I literally have not done that once. Maybe fucking read what was posted before joining in the circle-jerk? Have you ever considered actually using your brain for a few seconds?

It's mind boggling how you complain about people resorting to "childish bullshit" but at the same time have the social ineptitude of a child in an elementary playground. People aren't wired to just skip over civility in conversation and just move on to rebuttal lol.

• Upvote (+1) 4

so...why you are on a forum dedicated to a competitive console shooter

Opinions and preferences change over time and after exposure to new experiences and ideas? I played a lot of Halo when I was younger and was interested in competitive Halo? Then I rediscovered better games on PC after losing patience with modern Halo and Halo 5. And yet for some reason I still care somewhat about the direction of the series and would like to see a new (good) Halo game on PC. I think there is a gap in the market for a solid, accessible respawn FPS.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1