CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

$250 a month for DirecTV (every channel known to man-including sports packages) and AT&T Fiber around 1000 down / 500+ up - Orlando, FL. 

Yeah yeah yeah all you A-holes that have a good college football team to root for.  

Meanwhile i'm over here watching the once-great Uconn basketball program implode and a football program that went 17-44 over the last 5 years in the AMERICAN conference.  The no-namiest of no name conferences.

:Cries outwardly:

Penny and Memphis about to  run the AAC.

Gotta get through the National Champions (in football) UCF. Pretty stacked team with serious injuries last year and everyone is back. All in on Johnny Dawkins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rQMytyBFeA

Here is to hoping this doesn't suck. I very much enjoyed the first one.

Was the first as goofy as that one looks? I remember it being more serious. I was getting some Bulletstorm vibes during different parts of that trailer mixed with what I remember from the first Rage.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Was the first as goofy as that one looks? I remember it being more serious. I was getting some Bulletstorm vibes during different parts of that trailer mixed with what I remember from the first Rage.

First was pretty serious.

This seems like Bulletstorm + Doom + Mad Max, excited for it!

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's a lot, I could get 1000/100 for that price.

Edit: I should say with no data cap.

Where tf do you live? This is baller internet for Florida. We got "grandfathered" into this plan as well, the same price now only gets you 100 down/10 up.

I grew up in the sticks paying $45 a month for 3 down/ 1 up during my Halo 3 days....

Edit: I shouldn't say Florida as a whole, just my local area.

It most definitely was more serious. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since we are talking rent...used to pay 1100 for all utilities for a 435 sq ft studio in Denver

Now split a 2 bedroom dump in Lakewood for 1620

The original RAGE was a much better FPS than Borderlands.

yeah but borderlands was more about dicking around and having fun than being a shooter first experience

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe, but Borderlands is a hell of a lot more fun.

Where tf do you live? This is baller internet for Florida. We got "grandfathered" into this plan as well, the same price now only gets you 100 down/10 up.

I grew up in the sticks paying $45 a month for 3 down/ 1 up during my Halo 3 days....

Edit: I shouldn't say Florida as a whole, just my local area.

Sweden, the more central you live here the cheaper it gets due to competition, during Halo 3's hayday(when I lived in a small town) I had 10/5 for around $29, but it kept disconnecting sometimes(I lived at the outskirts of the town) so after a phone call they reduced it to 5/1 or 5/2 as it would be more stable... And didn't lower the price. Still a bit mad about that.

$250 a month for DirecTV (every channel known to man-including sports packages) and AT&T Fiber around 1000 down / 500+ up - Orlando, FL. 

Gotta get through the National Champions (in football) UCF. Pretty stacked team with serious injuries last year and everyone is back. All in on Johnny Dawkins.

"National Champions" lmao

Well since Penny is coaching Basketball I'm sure he wont have a hard time beating UCF's Football team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That is your opinion.

Borderlands was a diablo-fps game about loot and leveling your character and that is what kept me playing it for hundreds of hours.                                                                                                          

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thats funny, I was thinking Serious Sam plus Mad Max.  Could be fun.

If we get this plus Borderlands 3 plus Cyberpunk 2077, that could be my whole year right there.  Provided they are all good of course.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My first thought was Mad Max, and then it turns out Avalanche Studios are co-developing this, and they made the Mad Max game.

That is your opinion.

Borderlands was a diablo-fps game about loot and leveling your character and that is what kept me playing it for hundreds of hours.

lol. I'm referencing the silly comparisons people made to games like Borderlands and Fallout 3 when the first RAGE came out.

Note that you did not say "tight, satisfying gunplay," is what kept you playing it for hundreds of hours, because none of the Borderlands games have that.

Thats funny, I was thinking Serious Sam plus Mad Max.  Could be fun.

If we get this plus Borderlands 3 plus Cyberpunk 2077, that could be my whole year right there.  Provided they are all good of course.

Cyberpunk 2077 is what I'm most excited about at E3. Even more so than Halo news. 

Cyberpunk 2077 is what I'm most excited about at E3. Even more so than Halo news. 

WAY more than Halo news.  I am expecting exactly 0 Halo news of significance.  They'll certainly mention the MCC relaunch or however they are going to brand it coming out of Beta, but we already know about that.

I had heard of The Witcher before, but never played it until Witcher 3, then after that i was like, "holy fuck i need to play anything this studio makes".  Which reminds me... i just got paid so its time to get God of War.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Some semblance of Halo news at E3 along with a BF2018 reveal would be enough for me.

WAY more than Halo news.  I am expecting exactly 0 Halo news of significance.  They'll certainly mention the MCC relaunch or however they are going to brand it coming out of Beta, but we already know about that.

I had heard of The Witcher before, but never played it until Witcher 3, then after that i was like, "holy fuck i need to play anything this studio makes".  Which reminds me... i just got paid so its time to get God of War.

I've read all the books, played at least 1500 hours of The Witcher games and am a huge sci-fi nerd... so, bringing those things together is... well, obviously something I'm very hyped for. I've also prepared myself for utter disappointment just in case. 

Regarding Halo news - I'm fully expecting the focus to be on MCC related news and a small Halo 6 teaser... I wouldn't get hyped for details, but I could be wrong. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The only thing I'm excited about with E3 is the release date of Kingdom Hearts 3. This year has seen the most reveals regarding the game, Square has already said the game is coming out this year, and they have their own press conference this year. I hope come September I'm playing KH3 after 12 years of waiting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

RDR2 gameplay, Splinter Cell 2018, Prey DLC, etc would make E3 for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Splinter Cell 2018

THIS

Huge stealth/action/shooter fan, been rallying for the OG Splinter Cells to be backwards compatible at some point. Blacklist was great imo too. Spies vs Mercs is the greatest asymmetrical multiplayer experience I've ever had

• Upvote (+1) 2

A new Splinter Cell game with Michael Ironside that stops pretending any of Conviction's gameplay was a good idea would be an easy contender for Game of the Year material.

• Upvote (+1) 1