CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

$1400 P/m. Water, gas and power on top of that.

That's Australian dollars, so take 30% off for US Dollar value.

House has a decent backyard and I live very close to work now. Used to take 70 minutes to get to work, now it takes 8 minutes. I ride to work as well so I'm saving $50 a week on travel costs.

If you get the chance to live closer to work, do it without hesitation. Best decision I've ever made.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was thinking Vancouver BC at first and was blown away at how you could get so much for so little.

Vancouver, BC:

I can't even afford to type these numbers.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Vancouver, BC:

I can't even afford to type these numbers.

The cost of living is the only reason I'm not moving there at this point in life. Top 3 cities in Canada, if not the best.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whatever happened to Kampy?

He's "taking a break" but I'm pretty sure he just quit streaming

He's "taking a break" but I'm pretty sure he just quit streaming

I hate to say this, but I imagine he simply stopped being able to get enough viewers playing Halo 5 to justify the amount of time he was spending.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's okay, I remember plenty of crappy days as a Bama fan as well. After the '92 title especially there were some pretty dark days until Saban took the reigns. And even then, I think we lost to Louisiana Monroe in his first year (07 I think?). Crazy to think about. And like all great powerhouses, the cycle will renew again and we'll be laid low for a decent spell lol. I just try to enjoy it while it lasts when it's around. 

I guess I shouldn't complain about Uconn football and basketball.  The men won the bball national championship a few years ago with one of the greatest runs ever. The women win almost every year (though the last 2 years they lost in the final 4.  Women's basketball is getting interesting at the top). Plus pro sports.  In the last ten years we have had multiple Celtics, Patriots and Red Sox championships.

So let me turn this sad face into a gloat face haha.

The cost of living is the only reason I'm not moving there at this point in life. Top 3 cities in Canada, if not the best.

It's terrible.

But Toronto is still the greatest city ever.

I hate to say this, but I imagine he simply stopped being able to get enough viewers playing Halo 5 to justify the amount of time he was spending.

Dude would get around 300 viewers pretty much every time he streamed, plus he had around 500 subs. He was doing alright I'd say.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What I’m about to say I am going to say as clearly and blatantly as I can so there is no room for misinterpretation or ambiguity and I want everyone to read this very carefully.

-I have completely reinvented the First Person Shooter from the ground up for the first time since Combat Evolved hit the Xbox 20 years ago. There is NOTHING like it.

-My team is made of the best level designers in this world.

-My game will have the best movement mechanics, shooting mechanics, and level design of any FPS to ever come out. In both single-player and multiplayer.

-This is not about me, nor has this ever been about me.  I genuinely believe with all my heart that I am making this game to serve a purpose higher than my own. With the backing I have it will not fail, and I’m not talking about the publisher I’ve been working with.  If they back out for whatever reason, I’ll simply just find another. I’m talking about the big guy upstairs.

-Every single person here will drop Halo to play this game.

I’ll see you guys on stage at E3 in a few years. Until then, I’m logging out.

Okay, Cliff. I'm all for passion and a love for the work you do, or the field you're in, but man, this was just... Eck. It's a marketing pitch. It's not the end result, and it carries itself like it's God's gift. No disrespect, but everything here means nothing until I get to see and/or play the game. As much as you may get game mechanics in general, and I credit you for that, it's pretty obvious you don't get how the hype train and buzzwords are more infuriating to hear over anything, which is weird given you experienced Halo 5. Empty promises for now. Arrogant empty promises or statements in some cases.  Of course, this also alienated me the moment religion came into it, but that's another discussion. Hope all goes well, though. I don't wish for your failure, just a potentially good change in attitude.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Since we're off topic, I got a new keyboard today and typing on it feels absolutely amazing. Now I just need to buy all the parts and build the PC that it's meant for.

Also, I miss Kampy.

Don't you just love those great purchases? I found the best hand soup "Milk and Golden Honey" and the smell is heaven. 

I also miss Kampy. The content king of Halo. 

I see @@MultiLockOn has started the hype train early.

I'm just going to jump in with my three cents. 

If you like:

• More classic feeling arena gameplay
  • Competing without bullshit
  • Fun and dynamic encounters worth watching, playing, and montaging
  • Interesting and good level design
  • Charming world building
  • Challenging content
  • Vanity - looking and feeling like a badass
  • Transparent developers (albeit sometimes unwisely so) 

Then you will love [REDACTED]

In my humble opinion, I don't think there will be a reason to play another FPS that overlaps with any of that.    

• Upvote (+1) 6

Living in a small college town>>> 

Really affordable, and it helps that said college town is my home town so I stayed with my parents for a couple of years to save cash, but I'm about to move into a fairly nice apartment and my share is about $470 including utilities. Before that the house I stayed at with 4 rooms was $375 including utilities. That one was actually a steal because it was a non-traditional frat house. Wasn't on campus and was just a normal house and the fraternity paid for a portion of the utilities and rent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah yeah yeah all you A-holes that have a good college football team to root for.  

Meanwhile i'm over here watching the once-great Uconn basketball program implode and a football program that went 17-44 over the last 5 years in the AMERICAN conference.  The no-namiest of no name conferences.

:Cries outwardly:

Penny and Memphis about to  run the AAC.

ASTRO ToX Team Beyond Gaming House 2018

Name your top 3 candidates that will have to give us content in the form of vlogs, podcasts, BBQs, etc

Rent will be decided at a later time

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's okay, I remember plenty of crappy days as a Bama fan as well. After the '92 title especially there were some pretty dark days until Saban took the reigns. And even then, I think we lost to Louisiana Monroe in his first year (07 I think?). Crazy to think about. And like all great powerhouses, the cycle will renew again and we'll be laid low for a decent spell lol. I just try to enjoy it while it lasts when it's around. 

Now these are the Bama fans I respect. A lot (not all) Bama fans have no idea Bama even had a football team before Saban got it rolling. Probably because they were Florida/Tebow fans before that and USC/Reggie Bush fans before that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since we're off topic, I got a new keyboard today and typing on it feels absolutely amazing. Now I just need to buy all the parts and build the PC that it's meant for.

Also, I miss Kampy.

I bought my first mechanical keyboard a few years ago and i will never go back. It was like the transition to HDTV for me.  When I first got it I was like, "yeah ok i guess this is better than my tube TV but idk what the hype is about".  But then you get used to it for just a couple hours and try to go back to SD and its like, "Holy fuck this looks like shit". Membrane keyboards just feel like flimsy, mushy messes now.  For being one of only 2 things that you actually touch when using a computer, surprisingly little thought goes into what keyboard to purchase for most people.  

ASTRO ToX Team Beyond Gaming House 2018

Name your top 3 candidates that will have to give us content in the form of vlogs, podcasts, BBQs, etc

Rent will be decided at a later time

Nav, Craneteam  and it's a pick 'em from there

Edit: And Wonderboy because of the below

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just want it noted that I grill a good sausage & steak, and I can pay rent in memes

• Upvote (+1) 9

Just had to drive through there a few days ago. It was the most hectic stressful driving situation I can remember. Speed limit 55 but everyone was going either 80 or 40. Literally no inbetween.

Sounds about right. My apologies on behalf of the city.

-Condensed-

I hate to sound like some old boring man, but renters insurance should be an absolute must. You get your shit replaced if it is stolen/destroyed. They cover usually atleast 50-100k in liability if you do something really stupid and find yourself faced with a lawsuit, and unless you live in a really bad part of DC/Detroit/Baltimore/Chicago etc, it usually runs at about 10$/month. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

$1400 P/m. Water, gas and power on top of that.

That's Australian dollars, so take 30% off for US Dollar value.

House has a decent backyard and I live very close to work now. Used to take 70 minutes to get to work, now it takes 8 minutes. I ride to work as well so I'm saving $50 a week on travel costs.

If you get the chance to live closer to work,do it without hesitation. Best decision I've ever made.

How much do you pay for internet?