CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Im probably the only person here from oklahoma lol probably the only halo player left to

C'mon bruh, I'm here repping Edmond, Oklahoma. but for the Halo scene.... Idk if that even exists

Ok, while we're doing this...

Anybody here from Massachusetts? Lynn/Lowell gamer here.

I'm from Connecticut, Uconn area.  Only about 90 minutes away.  I kind of think of New England minus Maine as one state.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what you're saying is every third Saturday in October is a very sad day for you?

Thank goodness CFB has been played longer than 10 years ;)

Brooklyn 1 Br $3,390

FML

Huntsville is having a real tech boom huh? I would not have guessed that at all a few years ago, but very cool.

My rent is £230 a month and that includes water and internet  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ok, while we're doing this...

Anybody here from Massachusetts? Lynn/Lowell gamer here.

Lived in MA my whole life before moving down to RI the last couple of years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thank goodness CFB has been played longer than 10 years ;)

1) I'm an Auburn fan anyway.

2) Tennessee hasn't won the rivalry game since back when Halo was good.

b7cff985aa55b28071fc674678c160b3.png

I'm from Connecticut, Uconn area. Only about 90 minutes away. I kind of think of New England minus Maine as one state.

I think of New England as one state too...minus Vermont though

Im probably the only person here from oklahoma lol probably the only halo player left to

Somebody probably is, now Skåne(Scania) on the other hand...

1) I'm an Auburn fan anyway.

2) Tennessee hasn't won the rivalry game since back when Halo was good.

b7cff985aa55b28071fc674678c160b3.png

What a time to be alive.

I think of New England as one state too...minus Vermont though

LOL at least CT, MA and RI could be lumped together.  That would make them the approximate size of most states anyway.  Though idk if MA or RI wants to inherit CT's financial issues atm.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone got any tips on what to look for when choosing a place that you might not think about if you've never had to find your own place before?

I felt guilty for bringing up the rent topic again, but the answers have been very helpful for me (didn't realize renter's insurance was a thing, I have to look into that!) and this forum feels pretty active for a Monday morning/afternoon with people now finding other community members living near them, so I regret nothing! Thanks for the responses, guys, even if I'm not in the same part of the country having an idea of what people are willing to pay per square foot is helpful and I've never really put a solid figure in my mind for things like utilities and food costs. Y'all're being really helpful.

Since I'm single and moving to a new city (Corpus Christi) without bringing too many belongings a studio/efficiency would suit me fine. Looks like almost everywhere around here has allocated water (also something I never knew was a thing as someone who never had to look for a place to live) and some places charge a $30/mo cable fee just to have internet access (which has to be paid for separately) because a local cable/internet company owns all the wiring to the complex.

About to go check out an efficiency that's $600/mo (excluding electricity and allocated water) for 550sq ft. Doesn't have assigned covered parking like other places I'm looking the cheapest 1 bedroom / 1 bath I can find is 550sq ft for $660/mo so if the complex isn't a dump and the neighborhood looks alright then this just might be the best deal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone got any tips on what to look for when choosing a place that you might not think about if you've never had to find your own place before?

The MOST important: 

How will you do laundry?  Is it W/D connections, an actual W/D in the apartment, a community coin-operated unit, or do you have to go to a laundromat?

My list:

• Take a close look at the floor plan and try to imagine how you would layout furniture in the building.  Our new apartment has an AWFUL design that is not actually conducive to putting furniture in the room.
  • Pay attention to which way the doors open.
  • Kitchen cabinet space.
  • Do the stove burners sit flat?
  • How close is the parking to where you'll actually go inside?
  • How close is the complex/house to civilization (nearest fast food, nearest grocery, nearest schools?)

My Fiancée's list (speaking specifically about apartments):

• A place that will let you do a walkthrough first.
  • An Apartment Manager open to questions and does not get defensive over them.
  • Is Pest Control handled by the apartment complex or individually?
  • What utilities do you have to pay for?
  • How responsive is maintenance?
  • Noise level
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Vancouver, WA: 4br / 2ba house, $1700 / mo. (all utilities are maybe $400 / mo.)

just five miles away, in Portland, 1br studio apartments are $2100 per month, lol

Vancouver, WA: 4br / 2ba house, $1700 / mo. (all utilities are maybe $400 / mo.)

just five miles away, in Portland, 1br studio apartments are $2100 per month, lol

I was thinking Vancouver BC at first and was blown away at how you could get so much for so little.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

How to LIVEEE????

If you have a decent credit rating already, you should be ok with first/last months rent as a down payment.  If not, you may need to bring more up-front.

Don't make your parents co-sign anything.  Good news is, once you have a year of apartment living with on-time payments, proving you are a good tenant to the next place you want to live is MUCH easier.

If a neighbor is out and about when you go to look, chat them up and ask about the place.  Trust your gut when it comes to the landlord.  Most are fine, but some are really shysters. Also, if there are multiple vacancies, NEGOTIATE.  You can often get the monthly price down if they need to fill a bunch of places and are afraid to lose you BUT, the fact that they need to fill a bunch of spots could be a bad sign itself.... depends on the area so you have to feel it out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah yeah yeah all you A-holes that have a good college football team to root for.  

Meanwhile i'm over here watching the once-great Uconn basketball program implode and a football program that went 17-44 over the last 5 years in the AMERICAN conference.  The no-namiest of no name conferences.

:Cries outwardly:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah yeah yeah all you A-holes that have a good college football team to root for.

Meanwhile i'm over here watching the once-great Uconn basketball program implode and a football program that went 17-44 over the last 5 years in the AMERICAN conference. The no-namiest of no name conferences.

Now you know how Fly Quest fans feel

Meanwhile i'm over here watching the once-great Uconn basketball program implode and a football program that went 17-44 over the last 5 years in the AMERICAN conference.  The no-namiest of no name conferences.

my wife's family is from alabama. they spent my whole wedding reception watching alabama play texas a&m. i was glad alabama lost that one

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's okay, I remember plenty of crappy days as a Bama fan as well. After the '92 title especially there were some pretty dark days until Saban took the reigns. And even then, I think we lost to Louisiana Monroe in his first year (07 I think?). Crazy to think about. And like all great powerhouses, the cycle will renew again and we'll be laid low for a decent spell lol. I just try to enjoy it while it lasts when it's around. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Huntsville is having a real tech boom huh? I would not have guessed that at all a few years ago, but very cool.

Curse headquarters is located in Huntsville -- the area wasnt so bad, a lot of work to be done though I would say.

• Upvote (+1) 1