CyReN

Halo World Championship 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You will play with the radar on and you will god damn enjoy it.

I love you, Simms.

You will play with the radar on and you will god damn enjoy it.

I dont even play lol

YES BUT WERE YOU PUT ON EARTH FOR THE PURPOSE OF HAVING YOUR JOB IN THE INDUSTRY?

Also remember that if you identify as a Christian the Bible doesn't say you have to be nice so you get to be an asshole. 

I thought it said "Love Thy Neighbor" or something?

I have never read it so I have no idea, my whole family is atheist...

I'm not trying to get at you for calling out a bit of assholeness, but I feel like mocking him feeling like he was meant to do something in the games industry is assholeish. I feel like I'm meant to do something in games, or teach, I just don't talk about it the same way Multi did.

Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote (+1) 3

K

Accidental down vote, sorry!

This forum the past 24 hours has been a strange one over here.

I like Multi, but that post literally came out of nowhere. I appreciate the memes though

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah, probably not gonna play Multi's game out of spite now. GG.

So even if the game is amazing you'll not play it because you didn't like a forum post? Seems like the reason "cutting off the nose to spite the face" became an expression

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait what the fuck did I miss.

You live in a timezone 12 or 13 hours ahead of the Forums Peak and you miss all the good shit. 

At least I can tell you if Halo 6 is good 12 or 13 hours before you guys load up your pre-loaded copies.

Update: Was disappointed. Was wondering what everyone was going about. found wall of text. reading now.

Update 2: Am Caught up. memes make sense. Disappointed because I thought it was going to be more mind blowing. Haven't seen this much convo since Boyo's last Idea and I was expecting something like that. However I have learnt that I was put on this Earth was to become a better shitposter than @@NavG123

That's right.

I'm calling you out.

Come at me.

u wont

• Upvote (+1) 2

You live in a timezone 12 or 13 hours ahead of the Forums Peak and you miss all the good shit. 

At least I can tell you if Halo 6 is good 12 or 13 hours before you guys load up your pre-loaded copies.

Update: Was disappointed. Was wondering what everyone was going about. found wall of text. reading now.

Update 2: Am Caught up. memes make sense. Disappointed because I thought it was going to be more mind blowing. Haven't seen this much convo since Boyo's last Idea and I was expecting something like that. However I have learnt that I was put on this Earth was to become a better shitposter than @@NavG123

That's right.

I'm calling you out.

Come at me.

u wont

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm not trying to get at you for calling out a bit of assholeness, but I feel like mocking him feeling like he was meant to do something in the games industry is assholeish. I feel like I'm meant to do something in games, or teach, I just don't talk about it the same way Multi did.

Just my 2 cents.

Possibly. I feel my hyperbole matched his confidence but that's subjective to personal POV.

the notion that the Bible doesn't tell you to "be nice" is even more ludacris a notion than Simms loving sprint.

tenor.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Boyo had long since slipped out of my mind and you just had to bring it all right back...

anigif_sub-buzz-7603-1478775875-2.gif?do

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's right.

I'm calling you out.

Come at me.

u wont

TYLqH8I.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

??? I definitely don't want anyone to be homeless (Multi had a ton of job offers immediately after the thing that happened with 343, so this was never a real possibility).

My point is, why would any corporation on earth want to hire this guy? Seriously ... he sounds like drunk Kanye on a Twitter rant at 3 a.m. I'm not sure how many of you have actual jobs but I was trying to express the fact that even if he were hired, he would have lasted maybe a few weeks before going on some insane tirade and getting fired.

And yes, AAA developers are bullshit in many ways, but they've also made, you know, some of the greatest games of all time (Mass Effect 2, Witcher 3, etc.). If you want to see how much the general public has an interest in super-groundbreaking crazy-high skill ceiling games, check out Shadowrun's player count.

With all that said I hope he succeeds, honestly I haven't been excited by any FPS except Halo (BF4 was pretty sweet, I guess?) in the past decade

Yeah let’s disregard the fact that Shadowrun had its campaign ripped away from it and had no advertising and came out 4 months before Halo 3. Everyone that played it loved it but let’s shit on it for its gameplay. What an ignorant example.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I couldn't help but chuckle when I read they wanted to play oddball on that symmetrical guardian map lol like why.

These picks were shams. Forge community drops the ball, again

You better hope none of this attitude is hubris lmao

If something is shit I say it's shit. It's literally not any more complicated than that. I expect my team members to say the same thing to me if that is the case. Otherwise you end up with mediocre watered down compromised bullshit. I'm not here to coddle feelings - Im here to say what I think. Just like everything here, including myself, has expectations for games mechanics, I have expectations for level design. Higher expectations.

If they're not met, I say it. Whether or not people are comfortable with what I'm saying is literally irrelevant to me I don't care if people are comfortable. Im here to make the greatest shooter ever made, with the best movement mechanics, best shooting mechanics, and best level design.

Hi God, I am Ben. Nice to meet you.  :kappa: